• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, well that one is a really rare and really tough situation. No problem with having faith in your kicker, just showing you how unlikely it is.

He'd of been so pumped he'd of nailed it.

But McAdoo would have called a TO as he was kicking the first attempt and that's the one he'd miss.

Then he'd make the re-do.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak did line up under teh Guard, but he wasn't going to get teh snap off anyway IMO. But, even if you thin
Everyone is saying that but if he ran out right where he caught it, it would have been like a 67 yard FG attempt. They had time and we're set but Dak lined up behind the guard. Go watch it again it cost them over a second and that's all they needed.
Dak did line up under the Guard, but he wasn't going to get the snap off anyway. Look at the clock when the official places the ball down. It's already at :00 and Dak was under center before the ref set the ball so that didn't play any role IMO.

On the original play it would not have been a 67 yarder if Williams went out. I would likely have been 62 or 63 and Bailey had already kicked one that would have been good from 65 for sure and another that likely would have been good from 62.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. It was a mistake. But pinning the loss on him is downright silly.

What's the success rate for a 64-yard FG?

Dak isn't ready for the NFL. You aren't gonna win many games w/ a rookie QB and no defense. Terrence won't change that even if he plays mistake-free FB all year.
What an asinine comment. Dak may end up sucking, but you sure as Hell didn't watch that game if that is what you think. He looked like Joe Montana in the first half. He had no running game and kept converting and moving the chains and had two possible TDs dropped, two drive crippling holding penalties and a defense that failed in the red zone. He wasn't great week one, but he proved he can play QB in this league.

I think your "i hate the Cowboys" panties are showing...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was talking first about Dak not throwing downfield often. Beasely's 8.1 yards per receptions would have been lower than every receiver in the entire league with at least 20 catches last year but Eddie Royal.
Jesus...so if we play that silly game we also have to say Beasley goes for 128 catches this year...I'll take it:thumb:
and PE1 will still say he stinks...:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that's an extremely limited roll. Manute Bol was great a blocking shots. I just would want more from my #3 WR.
Your #3 WR last week was 2-14...I'm no ex-teacher, but I think 8-65 sounds better:thumb:

and that's not how a "brilliant" teacher would spell role...:suds:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lined up to spike it and he lined up behind the Guard and couldn't snap the ball. Wow!

hqdefault.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better to have a chance, but not better than 50/50, not close really. I mean you'd be asking him to do something he'd never done in any game, something only one person in the history of the league had ever done in the most clutch possible moment.

Figure Matt Bryant is the only guy to kick and make a 62+ yard field goal in a game winning moment. EVER.

5 for 40 or so in the past 20 years of 62 plus yards is the going rate. (3 of the makes were in Denver).

I get that he's got a great leg, so did the other guys who struggled for a sub 10% rate when not in the mountains. If he can kick that half the time in clutch situations, that puts him so far beyond everyone else it's not even debatable, call him "the leg", waive his 5 year HOF wait.

I'd also want to see him hit better than half over 51 yards in that situation to say he'd be better than half 10 yards deeper.
Philly fan in the house...
Kickers don't even often attempt long FGs because if you miss you give the opponent the ball almost in FG range. It's not often worth the risk. That is why he's never done it, not because he can't reach. He is also much longer now than he ever has been in his career (in the last 4 years he is 82% from over 50 yards). And at crunch time, no two kicks are alike and quoting 3 as the sample size is silly. It would have been indoors, on turf, after a play clock stoppage so no rushing out, in a game where he already had 2 well over 50 yards and at least one that was good from over 65. No one has ever stated he was guaranteed to make it, but the guy is incredible. IMO it was AT LEAST 50/50 he makes it, but you are arguing it as if anyone here or anywhere has said it was a chip shot or guarantee. Perhaps any % would have been better than the 0% that actually occurred?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fan in the house...
Kickers don't even often attempt long FGs because if you miss you give the opponent the ball almost in FG range. It's not often worth the risk. That is why he's never done it, not because he can't reach. He is also much longer now than he ever has been in his career (in the last 4 years he is 82% from over 50 yards). And at crunch time, no two kicks are alike and quoting 3 as the sample size is silly. It would have been indoors, on turf, after a play clock stoppage so no rushing out, in a game where he already had 2 well over 50 yards and at least one that was good from over 65. No one has ever stated he was guaranteed to make it, but the guy is incredible. IMO it was AT LEAST 50/50 he makes it, but you are arguing it as if anyone here or anywhere has said it was a chip shot or guarantee. Perhaps any % would have been better than the 0% that actually occurred?

Not saying people are treating it like a chip shot.....

This has NOTHING to do with Dan Bailey being great from 50+. I mean his make rate from 50+ is about 10% higher than the league average, and there's only about 10-12 guys with a better make rate over 50 and 55 yards than him since he came into the league. Definitely one of the premier legs, obviously no Dawson Gould, Crosby, or Gostowski when it comes to being great at kicking from long distance, but very very good. But to say that he goes from really good on those long kicks to just INSANE ability on longer kicks when no one else can... I can't see that.

This is what the best kickers in the NFL have done:

6 for 71 on 62+ yard field goals

Take out the two clear obvious advantages

1-1 with a clubbed foot
3-10 in mile high denver with the wind.

2-60 on that kick without the obvious best advantages he doesn't have.

1-30 at home, 1-30 on the road (no home field advantage), 0-17 indoors where they couldn't get the wind advantage at their backs.

3.3% of the time for the best legged kickers in NFL history (or 0-17 when not having that ability to get the wind at their back) and this guy who is 1 for 4 in this situation from 10 yards closer is the one to be 50/50???

Yes it's a small sample size, but where's the sample size to say he can make it? And if he's 50/50 at that range what is Gould or Carpenter... 60%? Crosby maybe pushing 70%?

That's a MASSIVE jump over what's been historically possible. 15 times better than the best to play in history and doing it without the wind at his back. It's like me saying "well we've got this really fast rookie return man, and I think he's going to get about 12 return touchdowns this year". Same rate.

If he is 50/50 from that range indoors in the clutch, he's the once a generation freak of an athlete.

I'm just saying, give me SOMETHING if you are going to say he'll be crazy good. Because everything about him and that kick in reality says no not even close.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying people are treating it like a chip shot.....

This has NOTHING to do with Dan Bailey being great from 50+. I mean his make rate from 50+ is about 10% higher than the league average, and there's only about 10-12 guys with a better make rate over 50 and 55 yards than him since he came into the league. Definitely one of the premier legs, obviously no Dawson Gould, Crosby, or Gostowski when it comes to being great at kicking from long distance, but very very good. But to say that he goes from really good on those long kicks to just INSANE ability on longer kicks when no one else can... I can't see that.

This is what the best kickers in the NFL have done:

6 for 71 on 62+ yard field goals

Take out the two clear obvious advantages

1-1 with a clubbed foot
3-10 in mile high denver with the wind.

2-60 on that kick without the obvious best advantages he doesn't have.

1-30 at home, 1-30 on the road (no home field advantage), 0-17 indoors where they couldn't get the wind advantage at their backs.

3.3% of the time for the best legged kickers in NFL history (or 0-17 when not having that ability to get the wind at their back) and this guy who is 1 for 4 in this situation from 10 yards closer is the one to be 50/50???

Yes it's a small sample size, but where's the sample size to say he can make it? And if he's 50/50 at that range what is Gould or Carpenter... 60%? Crosby maybe pushing 70%?

That's a MASSIVE jump over what's been historically possible. 15 times better than the best to play in history and doing it without the wind at his back. It's like me saying "well we've got this really fast rookie return man, and I think he's going to get about 12 return touchdowns this year". Same rate.

If he is 50/50 from that range indoors in the clutch, he's the once a generation freak of an athlete.

I'm just saying, give me SOMETHING if you are going to say he'll be crazy good. Because everything about him and that kick in reality says no not even close.
You write so much and quote so many stats and yet you see so little. Dan Bailey earlier that same game kicked a 56 yard FG that from my seat I could tell would have been good from 65. That is a fact. The game winning FG would have been around 62. There was no kicker in the game with a significantly better chance than him in that spot to make that FG. None. It's a different game today. Kickers nowadays are in shape, they work out, they practice and train all year. If you are quoting history you aren't understanding the NFL. If you are going to say Gould was cut from his team has a 10% higher chance than Bailey this week to make a 62 yarder you have no idea about the two kickers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your #3 WR last week was 2-14...I'm no ex-teacher, but I think 8-65 sounds better:thumb:

and that's not how a "brilliant" teacher would spell role...:suds:

Haha. Spelling was never my forte. It's a sign of genius! :thumb: But I do remember the one time I corrected a Cowboy fans English ("worse/worst") and you guys absolutely crucified me for it.

It's all how you look at it. Your slot guy was 8-65 our slot guy was 7 for 114 and a TD.
I think Beasley might have a ton of catches this year cause Dak hasnt proved he can get the ball to the wide outs yet. He was dinking and dunking all game and that is what Beasley is good at. Once Romo is back or once they start letting Dak throw down field Beasley will return to what he always was... a 400 yard guy. It just cracks me up how defensive you guys are about such a mediocre player. Dude has the easiest job in the world. A mediocre dude eating cause he is surrounded by stars. Again, you can like him for the role he fills but I'd want much much more from my 3. My Manute Bol analogy was perfect. One of the greatest shot blockers ever... but I want more from my Center.

If Dallas had a bunch of WR out and Beasley had to line up in Dez or Williams spot he'd would be non existent in this league. He'd NEVER get open cause he is severely limited.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Spelling was never my forte. It's a sign of genius! :thumb: But I do remember the one time I corrected a Cowboy fans English ("worse/worst") and you guys absolutely crucified me for it.

It's all how you look at it. Your slot guy was 8-65 our slot guy was 7 for 114 and a TD.
I think Beasley might have a ton of catches this year cause Dak hasnt proved he can get the ball to the wide outs yet. He was dinking and dunking all game and that is what Beasley is good at. Once Romo is back or once they start letting Dak throw down field Beasley will return to what he always was... a 400 yard guy. It just cracks me up how defensive you guys are about such a mediocre player. Dude has the easiest job in the world. A mediocre dude eating cause he is surrounded by stars. Again, you can like him for the role he fills but I'd want much much more from my 3. My Manute Bol analogy was perfect. One of the greatest shot blockers ever... but I want more from my Center.

If Dallas had a bunch of WR out and Beasley had to line up in Dez or Williams spot he'd would be non existent in this league. He'd NEVER get open cause he is severely limited.
Just busting on your "brilliance" comment from earlier and stop bringing up Matthews, he is your top receiving option. All Cowboys fans have ever said (me included) is Beasley fills a big role for us. He moves the chains and does so in big spots. Was it 5 first downs this past week? I honestly could not care less what you think of him, just telling you what I think of him and you bring it up 4 or 5 times a month. Obviously you are just doing it to try to get under someones skin...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just busting on your "brilliance" comment from earlier and stop bringing up Matthews, he is your top receiving option. All Cowboys fans have ever said (me included) is Beasley fills a big role for us. He moves the chains and does so in big spots. Was it 5 first downs this past week? I honestly could not care less what you think of him, just telling you what I think of him and you bring it up 4 or 5 times a month. Obviously you are just doing it to try to get under someones skin...

True! haha Beasley did have a really nice game Sunday. Game of his career actually.
Jarntt. Tenga un buen fin de semana!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good game for Beasley. Huge 12 yard gain on a 3rd and 11 that helps win the game.
Beasley: 13-140; Edelman 14:142
Also, only 4 guys in the NFL have more first downs than Beasley and that is the stat Cowboys fans always quote when trying to explain his importance to the team. You guys don't have to like him and I'm done trying to convince anyone why we are happy to have him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good game for Beasley. Huge 12 yard gain on a 3rd and 11 that helps win the game.
Beasley: 13-140; Edelman 14:142
Also, only 4 guys in the NFL have more first downs than Beasley and that is the stat Cowboys fans always quote when trying to explain his importance to the team. You guys don't have to like him and I'm done trying to convince anyone why we are happy to have him.
YEP....pretty good player

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beasley moving the chains again