• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson didn't play great either. WTF is your point?

By your logic let's go find the times Tom Brady and Peyton Manning put up similar crap games and call Dak Prescott the next HOFer?

My point is that you roll in quoting numbers as to why he didn't play great, when your own "great" QB does roughly the same thing. You are fine calling it a shit game when it is someone else, but your midget QB does it and you all get your undies in a bundle if someone calls him less than first ballot HOF.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you roll in quoting numbers as to why he didn't play great, when your own "great" QB does roughly the same thing. You are fine calling it a shit game when it is someone else, but your midget QB does it and you all get your undies in a bundle if someone calls him less than first ballot HOF.

K first off I never said Wilson had a 'great day'. I said he played mediocre. Yes he got injured but there was some terrible throws that he had early (sailing passes) and the INT was a complete facepalm of a throw. Dak played mediocre as well. That's not a bad thing.. it just... is what it is?

Where was I getting my 'undies in a bundle' over someone calling Wilson less than a HOF QB? Nobody even called him that. I simply said Wilson played great last year. If we're talking isolated games... he did NOT this last week. Neither did Dak. Maybe Dak will throw 5 TDs in the next game, in which case it'll be great.

The Philly fan I quoted even later said he corrected himself to say it was not a great game. That's all I was commenting on.

Are you high, man?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knock knock, he's talking about Beasely so why are you quoting QB stats?

Because he was talking first about Dak not throwing downfield often. Beasely's 8.1 yards per receptions would have been lower than every receiver in the entire league with at least 20 catches last year but Eddie Royal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K first off I never said Wilson had a 'great day'. I said he played mediocre. Yes he got injured but there was some terrible throws that he had early (sailing passes) and the INT was a complete facepalm of a throw. Dak played mediocre as well. That's not a bad thing.. it just... is what it is?

Where was I getting my 'undies in a bundle' over someone calling Wilson less than a HOF QB? Nobody even called him that. I simply said Wilson played great last year. If we're talking isolated games... he did NOT this last week. Neither did Dak. Maybe Dak will throw 5 TDs in the next game, in which case it'll be great.

The Philly fan I quoted even later said he corrected himself to say it was not a great game. That's all I was commenting on.

Are you high, man?

High? No. Just giving back to the SEA fans what the rest of the Hoop have had to deal with for the last 4 years. Anything less than the utmost praise is met with a strong rebuke and comparisons to the trash-talkers QB.

Glad to see that when Hawk fans aren't being homers they are able to recognize a mediocre effort when it happens.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was talking first about Dak not throwing downfield often. Beasely's 8.1 yards per receptions would have been lower than every receiver in the entire league with at least 20 catches last year but Eddie Royal.

I guess that makes sense to you. Seems to me it would have been easier to admit the truth and "I quote someone and replied without knowing what was being talked about".

But your way works too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley is not Edelman.

But he's serviceable.

And the way he walked off the field with a limp right arm, maybe even hurt.

And if he is they will miss him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, he averaged over 8 yards a catch and moved the chains pretty much every time he caught a pass. Witten was moving the chains too. And you wonder why Cowboy fans bash you.

And if he averaged that over the season he'd be dead last in YPC in the NFL... Cause he's a dump off guy for when your QB can't find an open WR.

I think Cowboy fans are frustrated with my brilliance.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High? No. Just giving back to the SEA fans what the rest of the Hoop have had to deal with for the last 4 years. Anything less than the utmost praise is met with a strong rebuke and comparisons to the trash-talkers QB.

Glad to see that when Hawk fans aren't being homers they are able to recognize a mediocre effort when it happens.

Heh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny a SEA fan is asking why with those stats Dallas fans feel Dak played great. Looks like a pretty typical Wilson line, and I think you all consider him great.

Average Wilson line: 17.7-27.4 (64.7%) for 219 yards, 1.7 TD, .54 INT, passer rating of 101.2
Wilson yesterday: 27-43 (62.8%) for 258 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, passer rating of 77.5

Dak: 25-45 (55.6%) for 227 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, passer rating of 69.4

Yes, Wilson did not have a great game yesterday and was playing through an ankle injury. Dak was adequate, not great.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he averaged that over the season he'd be dead last in YPC in the NFL... Cause he's a dump off guy for when your QB can't find an open WR.

And if people keep taking one game and making a season out of it, they are going to continue to look silly.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, lol.

Well ease up on some of us. Not all of us are ridiculous Seattle homers. I've been a fan since the early 90s (when I actually got old enough to understand the game) when Seattle was mediocre/trash.

Not crapping on Dak btw. He had BY FAR the best preseason of any of the rookies and played okay for a rookie yesterday. Just not what I'd classify a great performance. That said, he'll have plenty more opportunities in coming weeks to make an NFL name for himself.

:suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that makes sense to you. Seems to me it would have been easier to admit the truth and "I quote someone and replied without knowing what was being talked about".

But your way works too.

Actually no. The debate you were responding to was "Rookie QBs often struggle with getting the ball to WRs. Dak was just throwing dump offs to Beasley and hitting Witten on short passes."

And the comment back was about Beasely AND Witten. Look at the game. He didn't throw downfield much. The end zone shot to dez where he threw it inside rather than outside in single coverage.

And that's fine. Not bashing Dak here. Lots of teams do that with a young QB.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine about Beasely. He is an Amendola/Welker type. Witten is an amazing safety valve. It makes sense in a close game to have your QB get the ball out quick on the short stuff and let the receivers make the plays. It's what Denver did for the most part on Thursday.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that's what he is. Same with Witten at this stage of his career. Dez is their deep threat. Dak took some shots his way, outside of that TD not very accurate on those deeper balls. The deep balls to Witten/WIlliams and Beasley weren't very close either. That Beasley huge 3rd and 15 was his first completion that went through the air more than 15 yards.

But deep balls are hit and miss. Foles looked astounding at them one year. Then utter crap on them the next. It's one game. I will say Dak looked good on the short stuff. Mostly accurate, hit guys in stride. Just needs to connect on the deeper throws.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game plan was not for Dak to throw the ball 50 times.

The running game shit the bed because the Giants made sure it did.

And even then they just barely won.

But win they did.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak didn't cost them the game the Cowboys shitty defense cost the Cowboys the game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak did well for a rookie. His receivers dropped a lot of balls. Some of the drops may have been because of the sun. Dak is one of the last guys to blame for the loss. Dang, I still would've loved to see Bailey get a shot at that long FG.