• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt blame Dez. Dez is great. Rookie QBs often struggle with getting the ball to WRs. Dak was just throwing dump offs to Beasley and hitting Witten on short passes.
Stop calling slants dump offs. Was the 3rd and 15 to Beasley a dump off late in the 4th? Beasley was getting open. So was Witten. Dez could catch "dump offs" too if he actually got open. You think Dez just runs vertical routes all game? No. TWill and Dez didn't get involved much because they barely got open.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short the Cowboys are not creative with Dez and don;t create plays to get him involved.
That was more of a waddle....

But yes, not going OB ended the game.

Bailey had hit from 56 with many extra and would have at least had a chance to make one from 65.

It's what they usually do at the end, no different, a jog to set the ball. But at best if he does a Usain Bolt impression that gives you a false start to end the game. The best case scenario if the WR doesn't go out of bounds is that is the final play of the game.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWill was down and tackled when the defender jumped the tackler and stood over Williams. That's delay of game when the defense does that. Wouldn't matter what Butler was doing if the call had been made. It wasn't a blatantly obvious one though, so I don't blame the refs. However, there was zero reason for him to jump on Williams and stand there.

No, he got right off of him. Watch the play again. 41 is sliding making the tackle right at the guys legs. He jumps to avoid, and immediately gets off the WR. Even if it held him up, definitely not worth a flag there.

You have to unnecessarily not get off the guy (he hopped right off within a second), or delay the ball from getting to the ref (didn't happen).

No rule that if you are running towards a play and the guys are rolling at your legs you have to get swept down and risk injury. He avoided the play, same as happens on every single other play.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop calling slants dump offs. Was the 3rd and 15 to Beasley a dump off late in the 4th? Beasley was getting open. So was Witten. Dez could catch "dump offs" too if he actually got open. You think Dez just runs vertical routes all game? No. TWill and Dez didn't get involved much because they barely got open.

Beasley doesn't get open with no Dez Bryant. Line him up at Dez's spot and he will do nothing. Beasley averaged about 7 yards a catch. Thats a dump off guy even if the 3rd and 15 play was great. Same thing with Witten 9 catches for a measly 66 yards. But that's what happens with rookie QB.

Look at the stats. Eli had similar yardage total to Dak on 17 less throws.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short the Cowboys are not creative with Dez and don;t create plays to get him involved.
This is true but I also think Dez seldom gets separation and had zero burst yesterday.
I remain on the side that Dez isn't a good route runner, and really never was

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but I also think Dez seldom gets separation and had zero burst yesterday.
I remain on the side that Dez isn't a good route runner, and really never was
He really isn't. Alot of the time he seems to run half assed routes when he knows the play is not calling for him. There were a few plays yesterday where if Dak was a little bit more accurate Dez could have had a TD or 2.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's dumb, the game was lost before that, by the Dallas D. Dak played great IMO.

Dak played great? Almost 50 attempts with less than 250 yards and no TDs? Connecting only ONCE with a top 5 WR? Against the mediocre Giants with one of if not THE BEST O-lines in the NFL?

I know the guy is a rookie but where in the world do you believe that 'Dak played great'?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley doesn't get open with no Dez Bryant. Line him up at Dez's spot and he will do nothing. Beasley averaged about 7 yards a catch. Thats a dump off guy even if the 3rd and 15 play was great. Same thing with Witten 9 catches for a measly 66 yards. But that's what happens with rookie QB.

Look at the stats. Eli had similar yardage total to Dak on 17 less throws.
Ummm, he averaged over 8 yards a catch and moved the chains pretty much every time he caught a pass. Witten was moving the chains too. And you wonder why Cowboy fans bash you.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really isn't. Alot of the time he seems to run half assed routes when he knows the play is not calling for him. There were a few plays yesterday where if Dak was a little bit more accurate Dez could have had a TD or 2.
never been a huge dez fan BUT, I cheer like crazy on game days

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, he averaged over 8 yards a catch and moved the chains pretty much every time he caught a pass. Witten was moving the chains too. And you wonder why Cowboy fans bash you.

9.1 yards per completion was 27th of the 28 QB's to play so far.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played great? Almost 50 attempts with less than 250 yards and no TDs? Connecting only ONCE with a top 5 WR? Against the mediocre Giants with one of if not THE BEST O-lines in the NFL?

I know the guy is a rookie but where in the world do you believe that 'Dak played great'?

I find it funny a SEA fan is asking why with those stats Dallas fans feel Dak played great. Looks like a pretty typical Wilson line, and I think you all consider him great.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9.1 yards per completion was 27th of the 28 QB's to play so far.

knock knock, he's talking about Beasely so why are you quoting QB stats?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Morris get hurt? I didn't see him at all in the 4th qtr.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny a SEA fan is asking why with those stats Dallas fans feel Dak played great. Looks like a pretty typical Wilson line, and I think you all consider him great.

If Wilson had the same stat line I'd call it just as mediocre/bad. Typical Wilson line? WTF are you even talking about?

Also, if Wilson had the O-Line in Dallas and Dez Bryant/Witten he'd probably be destroying the league. Oh wait... he already did that last year...

Dak's a rookie and down the road he may be a great one or an amazing QB. But I was just commenting that he didn't play 'great' considering his weapons and home field yesterday. Not a shot at the guy, just was commenting on someone's statement.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great was an exaggeration as I already noted, but he played fine. He was not bad.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson had the same stat line I'd call it just as mediocre/bad. Typical Wilson line? WTF are you even talking about?

Also, if Wilson had the O-Line in Dallas and Dez Bryant/Witten he'd probably be destroying the league. Oh wait... he already did that last year...

Dak's a rookie and down the road he may be a great one or an amazing QB. But I was just commenting that he didn't play 'great' considering his weapons and home field yesterday. Not a shot at the guy, just was commenting on someone's statement.
IF....lol

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, his defense has done that. As for the "typical stat line" why don't you quote his for us from yesterday? What, 30 more yards on about the same attempts. he got a TD, but also an INT. Way to go Wilson! Wow, world beater there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, his defense has done that. As for the "typical stat line" why don't you quote his for us from yesterday? What, 30 more yards on about the same attempts. he got a TD, but also an INT. Way to go Wilson! Wow, world beater there.

Wilson didn't play great either. WTF is your point?

By your logic let's go find the times Tom Brady and Peyton Manning put up similar crap games and call Dak Prescott the next HOFer?