• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comissioner Goodell makes it very clear: Tom Brady cannot hide

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have scapegoats when nothing wrong has been done.

Of course they are scapegoats. That's the point.

When the NFLPA is trying to stuff it's jock with a 10lb salami and it comes out that the Pats didn't suspend those two out of mandates from the league it kind of seriously hurts their position.
Makes them look bad, that's for sure. I'm still trying to figure out why they claimed the NFL was behind this. Just hurts their credibility even more. I don't see this going well for Tom Brady. The NFL practically has a sign up that says "Oh hell no, Toms going down" he should be happy as hell its only 4 games IMO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this week I think it went from a slight chance it gets dropped to zero games to
tumblr_mt7z97zJYo1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I still think it gets dropped to 2 though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having Goodell as the arbitrator also helped their case a lot. You don't think the punishments are an issue here as well?
Oh hell no. 4 games for the dude who thought it was OK to mess with the equipment after they were check to be up to spec, because he thought the rule was stupid. 4 games is a slap on the wrist.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been speculated

It's been speculated that the Philly sports franchises suck beyond Epic Suckage, the Eagles will never win a SB and that Philly fans are the least edumacated sports fans north of Ecuador.

This game is fun!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having Goodell as the arbitrator also helped their case a lot. You don't think the punishments are an issue here as well?

Nope, because Brady's "crime" & punishment are well within the purview of the commissioner's office. Heck, he got off light, it could have been 8 or 16 games. The CBA directly grants the commissioner the authority to be the "judge, jury, & executioner" in these cases, if he so chooses. All this grandstanding & posturing from the NFLPA is hilarious. The commissioner has had this authority in place since 1968. And that power has been reaffirmed in every CBA since then. If the NFLPA wants him to relinquish this power, the NFLPA will have to give up something big on their side, which won't happen.

And by "punishments", I assume you are including the Patriots' punishment. The Patriots' punishment will have no effect on Brady's appeal or court case.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're more than just embarrassing. They will take that whole franchise down and get Kraft kicked out of football.

Winning is never embarrassing.

This is embarrassing though.

mcnabb-puke.jpg

Can't believe your fat pig QB was barfing it up in the SB. Looks like chunky soup, what a pathetic sap.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, because Brady's "crime" & punishment are well within the purview of the commissioner's office. Heck, he got off light, it could have been 8 or 16 games. The CBA directly grants the commissioner the authority to be the "judge, jury, & executioner" in these cases, if he so chooses. All this grandstanding & posturing from the NFLPA is hilarious. The commissioner has had this authority in place since 1968. And that power has been reaffirmed in every CBA since then. If the NFLPA wants him to relinquish this power, the NFLPA will have to give up something big on their side, which won't happen.

And by "punishments", I assume you are including the Patriots' punishment. The Patriots' punishment will have no effect on Brady's appeal or court case.

You're smoking some pretty good shit if you think R. Kraft's decision to eat the million dollar fine and a couple of draft choices isn't part of a "quid pro quo" arrangement with the defective ginger.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're smoking some pretty good shit if you think R. Kraft's decision to eat the million dollar fine and a couple of draft choices isn't part of a "quid pro quo" arrangement with the defective ginger.
rex your a pretty bright person .. please tell me that you really dont believe this garbage .. brady is toast ,kraft saved his own skin that is all

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that line of thinking. It's that same line of thinking that had you believing there would be no punishment. And after the punishment, it had you believing Kraft would fight the punishment in court & prevail. And now it has you thinking that Kraft became a martyr for Tommy...

The reality is that the 4 game suspension already had a 2 game buffer built-in when it was handed out. If Brady comes clean to Goodell & admits his involvement, his punishment will likely be reduced to that built-in 2 game buffer. If he continues to on his current path of obfuscating & deviating from the truth, he will lose the appeal.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that line of thinking. It's that same line of thinking that had you believing there would be no punishment. And after the punishment, it had you believing Kraft would fight the punishment in court & prevail. And now it has you thinking that Kraft became a martyr for Tommy...

The reality is that the 4 game suspension already had a 2 game buffer built-in when it was handed out. If Brady comes clean to Goodell & admits his involvement, his punishment will likely be reduced to that built-in 2 game buffer. If he continues to on his current path of obfuscating & deviating from the truth, he will lose the appeal.

I didn't say there would be no punishment.

I do however think that your comment that an offense (sketchy on the proof dept) that would normally carry a $25K fine is now worthy of an 8-16 game suspension is rooted in drug abuse.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different circumstances. Those two guys won their appeal because of the punishment, not because of the facts or the commissioner's authority to level punishment. The NFL tried to retroactively apply the new punishment system on them & lost in court.

Brady's case has nothing in common with those two cases. Brady's punishment is well within the long established guidelines. And the commissioner has the authority to levy the punishment.

Anyone who believes that these cases are related & that Brady will prevail in court, is sipping the kool-aid.

What "long established guidelines"? The NFL never gave a shit about the pressure in the football until a few months ago. Other examples of "football tampering" merely drew small fines, historically, as well.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say there would be no punishment.

I do however think that your comment that an offense (sketchy on the proof dept) that would normally carry a $25K fine is now worthy of an 8-16 game suspension is rooted in drug abuse.

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are 2 offenses linked to Brady's punishment. The first, the cheating, like would have resulted in a minimal punishment. But the second & more serious offense, obstructing the investigation, is why he could have been punished much more harshly.

I don't understand why Patriot fans don't see this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more days are we going to rehash this? It's all posturing. Goofdell has to continue to play it up. The deal is already done. But if Goofdell appears to have made a deal he'll continue to look like a smuck. I've been saying all along the fine would stick. Said the loss of picks would most likely stick or possibly get reduced from a 1? My last prediction is still TBD. Brady walks 0 games. Whether that holds true or not we're all speculating. Regardless it's already been determined. It's all posturing. If the posturing ends up with a reduced suspension or in court. Roger Rabbit is working on his speech on how they came to the next decision we hear out of his office. Stay tuned. Pats have already moved onto Pittsburgh.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you haven't been paying attention. There are 2 offenses linked to Brady's punishment. The first, the cheating, like would have resulted in a minimal punishment. But the second & more serious offense, obstructing the investigation, is why he could have been punished much more harshly.

blinders-on.jpg

this is why the patsies and brady just dangling that carrot for them

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "long established guidelines"? The NFL never gave a shit about the pressure in the football until a few months ago. Other examples of "football tampering" merely drew small fines, historically, as well.

Are you really this dense?

This offense falls into a broader category that the commissioner has had authority over for a long time. And his authority over the punishment & appeals process has been there since 1968.

Brady isn't just being punished for cheating, he is also being punished for obstructing.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more days are we going to rehash this? It's all posturing. Goofdell has to continue to play it up. The deal is already done. But if Goofdell appears to have made a deal he'll continue to look like a smuck. I've been saying all along the fine would stick. Said the loss of picks would most likely stick or possibly get reduced from a 1? My last prediction is still TBD. Brady walks 0 games. Whether that holds true or not we're all speculating. Regardless it's already been determined. It's all posturing. If the posturing ends up with a reduced suspension or in court. Roger Rabbit is working on his speech on how they came to the next decision we hear out of his office. Stay tuned. Pats have already moved onto Pittsburgh.

damn you can bullshit yourself into anything

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you can bullshit yourself into anything
Just standing by what I've been saying all along. Call it what you like.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if a 4 month investigation into why some footballs where short less than 1PSI of pressure.....even though the head ref admitted (but was subsequently coerced into changing his testimony) that the pre-game measurement process was flawed at best is what you consider cheating then I have to reconsider your knowledge of this game we call "Football".

This is much ado about nuthin.................except for the fans of the tams who have been getting their asses handed to them by New England for most of the last 15 years .

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if a 4 month investigation into why some footballs where short less than 1PSI of pressure.....even though the head ref admitted (but was subsequently coerced into changing his testimony) that the pre-game measurement process was flawed at best is what you consider cheating then I have to reconsider your knowledge of this game we call "Football".

This is much ado about nuthin.................except for the fans of the tams who have been getting their asses handed to them by New England for most of the last 15 years .

The cover-up was worse than the crime. That is what has happened here. And it is why he could have been punished much harsher than he was.

Keep on pretending that where there is smoke, there is no fire. Nope, no pattern of cheating in New England...