• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comissioner Goodell makes it very clear: Tom Brady cannot hide

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, you've been suspended for not co-operating with the investigation. If you are innocent, turn over the texts and e-mails and your suspension will be nullified. If you refuse to turn over the texts, your suspension will stand. If you turn over the texts and the information in those texts proves your guilt, your suspension will probably be cut in half.

The ball (deflated of otherwise) is in Tom's court. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell: Kraft's decision won't affect Brady's appeal
Commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters Wednesday that Patriots owner Robert Kraft did not find a way to also impact Tom Brady's appeal process by "reluctantly" accepting the league's punishment.

Goodell gave a stern "no" in response to that question at the Spring League Meeting during a news conference that centered heavily on the aftermath of a lengthy investigation into whether or not the Patriots illegally deflated footballs.

Goodell: Kraft's decision won't affect Brady's appeal - NFL.com

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell: Kraft's decision won't affect Brady's appeal
Commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters Wednesday that Patriots owner Robert Kraft did not find a way to also impact Tom Brady's appeal process by "reluctantly" accepting the league's punishment.

Goodell gave a stern "no" in response to that question at the Spring League Meeting during a news conference that centered heavily on the aftermath of a lengthy investigation into whether or not the Patriots illegally deflated footballs.

Goodell: Kraft's decision won't affect Brady's appeal - NFL.com

Not saying that there's a deal in place, but if there were, would you expect Goodell to admit it?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, you've been suspended for not co-operating with the investigation. If you are innocent, turn over the texts and e-mails and your suspension will be nullified. If you refuse to turn over the texts, your suspension will stand. If you turn over the texts and the information in those texts proves your guilt, your suspension will probably be cut in half.

The ball (deflated of otherwise) is in Tom's court. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

He doesn't need to turn anything over in order to win his appeal. Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson won their appeals and there was actual REAL video/photo evidence of them beating up women and children. I know what Brady did was worse in your eyes, but this suspension isn't going to stick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to turn anything over in order to win his appeal. Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson won their appeals and there was actual REAL video/photo evidence of them beating up women and children. I know what Brady did was worse in your eyes, but this suspension isn't going to stick.

So you call both of them sitting out for the year winning? Hmm I guess we have very different definitions.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They both had their suspensions overturned on appeal. See?

Ray Rice of Baltimore Ravens wins his appeal, eligible for reinstatement

Adrian Peterson wins suspension appeal, NFL challenges ruling - SBNation.com

The same thing happened with the Bountygate guys. And all of these examples had better evidence than this one.

I understand that legally they were appealed. What I am talking about is actual what happened. For Ray Rice he has yet to find a job in the NFL since the incident. So while yes he is technically available to sign anywhere he has been blacklisted. Adrian Peterson while yes approved to come back the team continued to have him off the team this past year. Now to me with Peterson the league was able to suspend him essentially for a year. This satisfies the masses that he was severely punished for what he did. Now that a judge has ordered him back they get back one of their best moneymaking players in the entire league. So really this whole thing is a win win for the NFL in the sense that they satisfied everybody and can say they are tied by the courts ruling in this situation to have him back in the NFL.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it. How hard is it to delete Texts and emails? Not that hard, let me do a quick delete a roo and boom goes the dynamite???

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And Kraft is going to sue the Hell out of the NFL because they don't have shit on us."

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a smoking gun in those texts that show Brady willfully instigated the deflating of balls, knowing full well that it was against league rules, he should be suspended for the entire season. period.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that legally they were appealed. What I am talking about is actual what happened. For Ray Rice he has yet to find a job in the NFL since the incident. So while yes he is technically available to sign anywhere he has been blacklisted. Adrian Peterson while yes approved to come back the team continued to have him off the team this past year. Now to me with Peterson the league was able to suspend him essentially for a year. This satisfies the masses that he was severely punished for what he did. Now that a judge has ordered him back they get back one of their best moneymaking players in the entire league. So really this whole thing is a win win for the NFL in the sense that they satisfied everybody and can say they are tied by the courts ruling in this situation to have him back in the NFL.

Well, Ray Rice was done anyway. He wasn't worth the PR nightmare for any team to sign him because he can't run the ball anymore. Peterson is still in his prime, so he will easily find a job. The Vikings even said they want him back after he said he wanted to go somewhere else.

However(and this is a key distinction), both of those incidents occurred during the season, so they led to lost games right away. Brady was suspended in April with the season still 4 months away. There should be PLENTY of time to hear his appeal before the season starts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Ray Rice was done anyway. He wasn't worth the PR nightmare for any team to sign him because he can't run the ball anymore. Peterson is still in his prime, so he will easily find a job. The Vikings even said they want him back after he said he wanted to go somewhere else.

However(and this is a key distinction), both of those incidents occurred during the season, so they led to lost games right away. Brady was suspended in April with the season still 4 months away. There should be PLENTY of time to hear his appeal before the season starts.

It very well could be overturned. Wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me to see it upheld fully either. With Goodell being the guy overseeing it I can't see him wanting to completely give in the situation with how much attention this has gotten. I mean that would be him completely admitting he made a mistake. Should be an interesting few months.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And Kraft is going to sue the Hell out of the NFL because they don't have shit on us."

He decided to stand down. I bet the other owners(and Goodell) told him that it was important to not take the NFL to court. Nobody wanted all the dirty laundry aired publically. His change of heart was a little striking and was obviously influenced by his fellow colleagues. So, he will pay the fine and surrender the picks and Brady will not be suspended. That's how it plays out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it. How hard is it to delete Texts and emails? Not that hard, let me do a quick delete a roo and boom goes the dynamite???

Even if you delete them, they can be put back together. Don't make the mistake of thinking deleting means they are gone for good. Tech folks can pull them right up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a smoking gun in those texts that show Brady willfully instigated the deflating of balls, knowing full well that it was against league rules, he should be suspended for the entire season. period.

I head that the 2 ball boys have zero text to Brady, Entire season ? Bitter much

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well could be overturned. Wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me to see it upheld fully either. With Goodell being the guy overseeing it I can't see him wanting to completely give in the situation with how much attention this has gotten. I mean that would be him completely admitting he made a mistake. Should be an interesting few months.

If it's not rolled back to some degree it invites Brady taking it to court where NFL players have had much success. Rice, Peterson, Vilma have all done well. So despite the desire to stand tough, he could also prolong the circus and in the end lose even more. I think that's why he'll reduce the suspension but not entirely. Then it's up to Brady to decide.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He decided to stand down. I bet the other owners(and Goodell) told him that it was important to not take the NFL to court. Nobody wanted all the dirty laundry aired publically. His change of heart was a little striking and was obviously influenced by his fellow colleagues. So, he will pay the fine and surrender the picks and Brady will not be suspended. That's how it plays out.
You've been wrong about everything so far. This bullshit is no different.