• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comissioner Goodell makes it very clear: Tom Brady cannot hide

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger thing Goodell said today is that the league had nothing to do with the two equipment staffers getting suspended.

Among the most compelling statements Goodell made about the scandal was his denial of the report that said the NFL asked the Patriots to suspend the two staffers involved in Deflategate. When asked about that report, which was originally made by ESPN's Adam Schefter, Goodell quickly shot it down.

If what Goodell said is true, and the Patriots did in fact suspend Jim McNally and John Jastremski on their own accord, then that provides a signal that says the two equipment staffers were probably involved in the deflating of footballs for the Patriots.
If people are speculating this signals the team knew these two were actually involved in something it surely doesn't help Tom's case. Yes, you can both have these two clowns tampering with balls and not have Brady guilty of being involved, but I think almost no one buys that. The speculation about this case almost certainly requires both of those two and Brady to be involved for it to have happened at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger thing Goodell said today is that the league had nothing to do with the two equipment staffers getting suspended.

If people are speculating this signals the team knew these two were actually involved in something it surely doesn't help Tom's case. Yes, you can both have these two clowns tampering with balls and not have Brady guilty of being involved, but I think almost no one buys that. The speculation about this case almost certainly requires both of those two and Brady to be involved for it to have happened at all.
NFL had nothing to do with those getting canned? Now that is interesting. Funny that the Pats line was " this is what we were told to do by the NFL" further proof that this isn't going good for Brady and the Pats.

4 games is a slap on the wrist for Brady. I don't think it's getting reduced. The NFL will take their chances with a law suit. Might even be looking forward to winning one and they will win it, if it happens, which I doubt.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Goodell already knew the league didn't have anything to do with those two being suspended.

The team doing this really really doesn't look good. If their premise is this is all a case of fabricating (or at least trying to make things into something they aren't to fit an agenda) evidence and nothing ever really happened, this seriously hurts their case. You don't suspend innocent people.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He decided to stand down. I bet the other owners(and Goodell) told him that it was important to not take the NFL to court. Nobody wanted all the dirty laundry aired publically. His change of heart was a little striking and was obviously influenced by his fellow colleagues. So, he will pay the fine and surrender the picks and Brady will not be suspended. That's how it plays out.
he knew it wasnt ever going to work out in his favor and brady wont be playing the first 1/4 of the season book it

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Goodell already knew the league didn't have anything to do with those two being suspended.

The team doing this really really doesn't look good. If their premise is this is all a case of fabricating (or at least trying to make things into something they aren't to fit an agenda) evidence and nothing ever really happened, this seriously hurts their case. You don't suspend innocent people.
Those two guys are just scapegoats.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a Patriots fan (@BusSport ) actually gave the OP a bullshit rating for just posting what the commissioner? I think I need to bring this up in the "you might be a douchebag if..." thread. :lame:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a smoking gun in those texts that show Brady willfully instigated the deflating of balls, knowing full well that it was against league rules, he should be suspended for the entire season. period.

It's been speculated that the texts show that and much, much more, quite possibly implicating Kraft AND Belichick. He can't and won't turn over the texts without exposing himself for what he really is. Even Patriots fans would abandon him then.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been wrong about any of this? Really?:bullshit:

I'm not sure what he was referring to, actually. If it's something about Kraft fighting the penalties, that would only because Kraft was quoted as saying he would fight them.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to turn anything over in order to win his appeal. Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson won their appeals and there was actual REAL video/photo evidence of them beating up women and children. I know what Brady did was worse in your eyes, but this suspension isn't going to stick.

Totally different circumstances. Those two guys won their appeal because of the punishment, not because of the facts or the commissioner's authority to level punishment. The NFL tried to retroactively apply the new punishment system on them & lost in court.

Brady's case has nothing in common with those two cases. Brady's punishment is well within the long established guidelines. And the commissioner has the authority to levy the punishment.

Anyone who believes that these cases are related & that Brady will prevail in court, is sipping the kool-aid.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two guys are just scapegoats.
You don't have scapegoats when nothing wrong has been done.

Of course they are scapegoats. That's the point.

When the NFLPA is trying to stuff it's jock with a 10lb salami and it comes out that the Pats didn't suspend those two out of mandates from the league it kind of seriously hurts their position.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been speculated that the texts show that and much, much more, quite possibly implicating Kraft AND Belichick. He can't and won't turn over the texts without exposing himself for what he really is. Even Patriots fans would abandon him then.
Pats fans would defend them even if embarrassing texts were made public.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans would defend them even if embarrassing texts were made public.

They're more than just embarrassing. They will take that whole franchise down and get Kraft kicked out of football.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different circumstances. Those two guys won their appeal because of the punishment, not because of the facts or the commissioner's authority to level punishment. The NFL tried to retroactively apply the new punishment system on them & lost in court.

Brady's case has nothing in common with those two cases. Brady's punishment is well within the long established guidelines. And the commissioner has the authority to levy the punishment.

Anyone who believes that these cases are related & that Brady will prevail in court, is sipping the kool-aid.

I think having Goodell as the arbitrator also helped their case a lot. You don't think the punishments are an issue here as well?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having Goodell as the arbitrator also helped their case a lot. You don't think the punishments are an issue here as well?
The Pats don't have a case.