• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching candidates

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a good list of candidates from a local news paper. More names within the NFL and college ranks surely to become available as both seasons end.

Since people seem to be disappointed with QB play - I feel as though an offensive minded HC is the best route to help Tannehill continue to progress and reach the potential he is capable of. The current West Coast scheme we are running with current OC Zac Taylor and did so with Bill Lazor, is the scheme that best suits Tannehill and some of the key guys we have on offense that should be kept. So, we need a HC who runs that offense or will be comfortable hiring an OC who does.

Possible candidates to be Miami Dolphins' next coach

A few of the candidates on this list possess those qualities and would be good for Tannehill to improve his game.

A reminder Tannehill was switched to WR in college until basically his last season there in 2011 as his team needed a WR. So, you can basically say that this, his 4th full season in the NFL is also just his 4th full season playing QB full time. Not making excuses for the guy - so don't go there. Just trying to provide perspective. I know his draft status and contract demand high expectations - but we have to keep things in perspective. I was all for him getting a contract extension, but maybe the terms of the contract should've been different considering what I mentioned about.

But, again, with some of these offensive minded candidates, he can get back on track.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that THill's contract becomes a lot more team friendly after next season. I think the Fins need to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him develop next year while THill starts. The next coach should be able to pick the next QB to develop. If THill has a great year next year then keep the newly drafted QB on the bench otherwise the next coach will have the starter at QB that he needs to win. Paolo, I agree that an offensive minded coach would be best for this team. Sean Payton is still my top choice if he becomes available. RE the excuse of THill was a former WR: I have said that too but at some point a guy has to improve above being mediocre. Winning QB's expect a lot from themselves in how they perform. They also expect a good performance from other players on the offense. Another excuse that I have used for THill is that he has too many changes in OC's but at some point a veteran QB needs to speak up and say, Let's run these plays because these work well for us.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan second interview tomorrow I could see them going in this direction since he’s a vet with rings. If he can bring consistency and balance to the offense I think that he could do well here. He definitely understands the value of a run game and oline. E