• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Question.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this offseason, teams come courting Moore.
How many people think we should can McCarthy & promote Moore to HC?

I am not sure I have liked any of McCarthy's Head Coaching decisions yet. I sometimes think this team could be even better if he wasnt the head man. I sure as hell dont want to lose Kellen Moore because we decided to stick with McCarthy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I care about is playoffs and playoff advancement.
McCarthy is this media's whipping boy....no wonder fans question everything.

Me? McCarthy isn't a top 10 head coach but he checked his ego at the door giving Moore total control....something Garrett would NEVER do.
I can roll with Mike

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter what we think. Jerry won’t do it.

McCarthy is just a complete moron during games. The only thing he does right is delegate to his coordinators and give pep talks and I really mean this as a compliment and not a sarcastic remark. I think the players like him and I think they play for him. He talks to them, not down to them and I think they respond. And He knows to stay out of the way of his coordinators. If he hired a game management coordinator we may actually have something. The guy would be better off flipping a coin to decide big decisions like going for it, timeouts, etc. he is that bad with in-game Decision making: Without Moore and Quinn, McCarthy is a disaster IMO. But, if we have a successful season Jerry won’t fire him to keep Moore. Good news is I dont see anyone hiring Quinn so we at least keep one of them And even with a poor HC I still think we have one of the better staffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question is.

Will Jerry can McCarthy and hire Moore at HC if that's the only way to keep him.

Personally I'm not sold on Moore at HC, but yes I could see Jerry telling MM he's out to keep Moore

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question is.

Will Jerry can McCarthy and hire Moore at HC if that's the only way to keep him.

Personally I'm not sold on Moore at HC, but yes I could see Jerry telling MM he's out to keep Moore
Would not be losing much imo if MMgoes

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still won’t dismiss the possibility that Jerry money-whips Moore to stay… wouldn’t be the first time he paid an offensive coordinator more than the HC.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter what we think. Jerry won’t do it.

McCarthy is just a complete moron during games. The only thing he does right is delegate to his coordinators and give pep talks and I really mean this as a compliment and not a sarcastic remark. I think the players like him and I think they play for him. He talks to them, not down to them and I think they respond. And He knows to stay out of the way of his coordinators. If he hired a game management coordinator we may actually have something. The guy would be better off flipping a coin to decide big decisions like going for it, timeouts, etc. he is that bad with in-game Decision making: Without Moore and Quinn, McCarthy is a disaster IMO. But, if we have a successful season Jerry won’t fire him to keep Moore. Good news is I dont see anyone hiring Quinn so we at least keep one of them And even with a poor HC I still think we have one of the better staffs.
Having dealt with MM through good and bad for a time, I agree with this assessment of him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me? McCarthy isn't a top 10 head coach but he checked his ego at the door giving Moore total control....something Garrett would NEVER do.
I can roll with Mike
This is the main reason Garrett is gone. He had Moore on a short leash as well as Dak. Once Garrett is gone the offense has scored a ton of points and is no longer so predictable. Moore even installs new plays on occasion. There is a big difference between OC and HC.. now if Moore leaves and coaches like Sean Payton I may get upset

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to crown KM as a head coach yet. He still makes head scratching calls in the red zone. I don't think he is ready to be a head coach, but we will see after this season. He is getting alot of hype from the media. He is doing a good job, for the most part, calling plays.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to crown KM as a head coach yet. He still makes head scratching calls in the red zone. I don't think he is ready to be a head coach, but we will see after this season. He is getting alot of hype from the media. He is doing a good job, for the most part, calling plays.

Concur.

A little premature at this point.

But if it became a choice that had to be made I'd do it.

It's nice to have a real offence for a change.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same feeling about moore. He is not ready to be a HC. That 2 point attempt late in the game was brutal. The Pats seemed to guess right on it because Pollard and Zeke both on the field. There are still issues in red zone. Why not just hand the ball off to McGovern and let him bull his way into endzone instead of doing the QB sneak?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concur.

A little premature at this point.

But if it became a choice that had to be made I'd do it.

It's nice to have a real offence for a change.
It is tempting. Moore and Dak work well together. I think the Cowboys lead the league in yards and points after 6 games. A huge decision could be on the horizon . I just don't see Jerry firing McCarthy anytime soon. Jerry likely would open up that checkbook as a last resort to keep Moore in Dallas. He has done it before.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tempting. Moore and Dak work well together. I think the Cowboys lead the league in yards and points after 6 games. A huge decision could be on the horizon . I just don't see Jerry firing McCarthy anytime soon. Jerry likely would open up that checkbook as a last resort to keep Moore in Dallas. He has done it before.

Never been a McCarthy fan. I wanted Ron Rivera if I had to have a retread.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think you guys understood what I was asking.
I also want Moore to get more seasoning before becoming a HC, but if another team is gonna give him that job. Only way we keep him is if we gave him McCarthy's Job. I would rather not lose him to whomever. I give no shits about McCarthy.
If we keep him as an OC longer that obviously would be my 1st choice.
My question is/was
Would you give him the HC job if we had too, or would you let him walk & stick with McCarthy? (& a new OC)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think you guys understood what I was asking.
I also want Moore to get more seasoning before becoming a HC, but if another team is gonna give him that job. Only way we keep him is if we gave him McCarthy's Job. I would rather not lose him to whomever. I give no shits about McCarthy.
If we keep him as an OC longer that obviously would be my 1st choice.
My question is/was
Would you give him the HC job if we had too, or would you let him walk & stick with McCarthy? (& a new OC)
Well having missed out on Peyton and letting Zimmer walk I would can McCarthy and move KM up and bring in a asst HC with some time in the game but no desire to be a HC anymore or promote Quinn to the position to help KM adjust to the HC job. My preference would be to pay him to stay and get more seasoning then move on from MM.
Jerry will be paying for coaches if the Boys make a playoff run.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a train wreck waiting to happen. (Mike, as was with Garrett,) Does anyone think the COWBOYS are going to win a game because Mike is the head coach, (in game strategy)?
When Garrett took over for Phillips, he was not prepared to be head coach. Garrett had "on the job" training. (the hard way.)
Moore is too good ,at what he does, to be burdened with head coaching duties.
Jerry, with the exception of Jimmy and Bill, has always hired "YES MEN".
Hopefully, this COWBOY'S team will be good enough, to overcome Jerry and his head coaching mistake (s). ..........See also Barry Switzer

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well having missed out on Peyton and letting Zimmer walk I would can McCarthy and move KM up and bring in a asst HC with some time in the game but no desire to be a HC anymore or promote Quinn to the position to help KM adjust to the HC job. My preference would be to pay him to stay and get more seasoning then move on from MM.
Jerry will be paying for coaches if the Boys make a playoff run.
Great point. The interesting thing is Peyton was more of an assistant play caller in Dallas. Parcels told those assistants what type of game plan to run. Moore on the other hand is calling the plays. And doing a great job for the most part. But I am tired of the gambles on 4th down at our own 30 yard line early in games. So if McCarthy goes then he goes. I think he is better than Garrett though. Garrett also sucked as OC

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a train wreck waiting to happen. (Mike, as was with Garrett,) Does anyone think the COWBOYS are going to win a game because Mike is the head coach, (in game strategy)?
When Garrett took over for Phillips, he was not prepared to be head coach. Garrett had "on the job" training. (the hard way.)
Moore is too good ,at what he does, to be burdened with head coaching duties.
Jerry, with the exception of Jimmy and Bill, has always hired "YES MEN".
Hopefully, this COWBOY'S team will be good enough, to overcome Jerry and his head coaching mistake (s). ..........See also Barry Switzer
Switzer was a high paid cheer leader / puppet that won with Jimmy's players. . A better coach would have won more than one superbowl with that roster

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve made my points about McCarthy being clueless during games known for some time And I won’t bCk track on them. He can’t make the simplest time management calls, let’s his STs coach make game altering decisions and his decisions on going for it on 4th down are just bizarre...but...I’m going to defend him just a little here where I do think it is warranted...he does seem to be a big part of why this team is ready to play every week. Take that for what you will, but it is an underrated part of what a HC does. Maybe it’s just rah rah BS, but most of us have been in a locker room (at whatever level) where we’ve gotten ourselves pointed in the right direction on game day because of it. I’m not backing him, but I’m just giving him credit for what I think he does well.