• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing McCarthy is out of a job if he loses this weekend.
Now is this just Bullshit being thrown at a wall because it is the Cowboys or has something leaked?
I swear people just throw shit out there to be 1st just in case.
Anyone actually hear anything?

On a positive note.

Panthers have requested permission to interview Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore for the team's head coaching vacancy.​

:yes:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to having heard anything and even if we have heard anything it's at least half made up. If it were my call (and obviously it is not) and we lose, I move on from McCarthy. I can't blame him for all that ailed this team of course, but at some point we need to find a way to get over the hump and fair or not it's easier to get rid of the HC than the entire team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its the talk going around. Jerry said no yesterday but we know better than to listen to him on a Tuesday. I think he has done a great job. I think if JJ does fire him , Quinn will be the new HC.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let it happen.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing McCarthy is out of a job if he loses this weekend.
Now is this just Bullshit being thrown at a wall because it is the Cowboys or has something leaked?
I swear people just throw shit out there to be 1st just in case.
Anyone actually hear anything?

On a positive note.

Panthers have requested permission to interview Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore for the team's head coaching vacancy.​

:yes:
I think it would be asinine to fire a coach that has gone 12-5 in consecutive seasons . Sometimes Jerry gets delusional and actually believes this team is a Superbowl contender when it is not. Maybe they are this year, maybe not.

I won't lose any sleep if Moore moved on. I was at one time a huge supporter,but I don't think he is that good of an OC. Don't like the play calls most of the time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its the talk going around. Jerry said no yesterday but we know better than to listen to him on a Tuesday. I think he has done a great job. I think if JJ does fire him , Quinn will be the new HC.
The Dallas media loves 80-year-old Jerry. Now he's a fun-loving old geezer. The distrust and complaints have been replaced with you never know what Jerry will say. Jerry is a golden sound bite for ratings. The question has always been in their notebooks, just waiting for the right moment to ask. They might win Monday, but that question will be asked again, and the topic will be worn out with the next Dallas loss. The media wants Sean, draft picks and all. That blows my mind. No Rodgers tag along, give us the much better football coach in Payton. They guy that destroyed a franchise competitiveness chasing a second SB and with an ego developed by Parcells??

Mind you, the same media that screamed all last season for Parsons to play DE every single down. What are the Cowboys thinking? Parson is the best pass rusher in the NFL, and they are wasting him. This year's opinion, Dallas has beaten the hell out of Parsons by playing him play after play getting beat down by much bigger men. Look how his season has fallen off. This was a major topic over the air ways the last three weeks or so...AND 60% of the Dallas fan sports opinion follows.

I'll tell you again, the average Cowboy fan opinion on the DFW streets and in bars is the latest Sports talk opinion. Been that way even before Skip Bayless came to the Times Herald. In 1968/69 Dallas sports columnist Sam Blair wrote a book called, Dallas Cowboys, Pro or Con. Blair came to the deduction, Landry was the common denominator. Landry's approval rating dropped tremendously. I still think Landry was on the street had Dallas lost to Miami in SB6.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas media loves 80-year-old Jerry. Now he's a fun-loving old geezer. The distrust and complaints have been replaced with you never know what Jerry will say. Jerry is a golden sound bite for ratings. The question has always been in their notebooks, just waiting for the right moment to ask. They might win Monday, but that question will be asked again, and the topic will be worn out with the next Dallas loss. The media wants Sean, draft picks and all. That blows my mind. No Rodgers tag along, give us the much better football coach in Payton. They guy that destroyed a franchise competitiveness chasing a second SB and with an ego developed by Parcells??

Mind you, the same media that screamed all last season for Parsons to play DE every single down. What are the Cowboys thinking? Parson is the best pass rusher in the NFL, and they are wasting him. This year's opinion, Dallas has beaten the hell out of Parsons by playing him play after play getting beat down by much bigger men. Look how his season has fallen off. This was a major topic over the air ways the last three weeks or so...AND 60% of the Dallas fan sports opinion follows.

I'll tell you again, the average Cowboy fan opinion on the DFW streets and in bars is the latest Sports talk opinion. Been that way even before Skip Bayless came to the Times Herald. In 1968/69 Dallas sports columnist Sam Blair wrote a book called, Dallas Cowboys, Pro or Con. Blair came to the deduction, Landry was the common denominator. Landry's approval rating dropped tremendously. I still think Landry was on the street had Dallas lost to Miami in SB6.
I liked Payton until I saw what he did in NaawlAnn’s after the SB win. No way I take him on and pay the picks. Moore can move along and I’m currently ambivalent on McCarthy sticking around. If the Boys win another SB it will be in spite of Jerry or maybe because he hit the lottery on a move or 2 IMO.
Micah is a LB if they want him be a full time DE he has to change his body.
As you say onward through the fog

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Payton. I don’t like him nearly as much as most people seem to. Perhaps this is why I’d go ballistic if they ever gave up a couple first round picks for him. I’m a big believer in the value of a great game day coach, but Talent is the most important thing and if you give up two first round picks how does that give your coach a chance to win?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about Payton coming here. Cant see it happening.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Payton. I don’t like him nearly as much as most people seem to. Perhaps this is why I’d go ballistic if they ever gave up a couple first round picks for him. I’m a big believer in the value of a great game day coach, but Talent is the most important thing and if you give up two first round picks how does that give your coach a chance to win?
You are not alone here. I'd be pissed giving up any valuable draft picks. 1 3rd is too much for me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only time I remember it paying off was when the Bucs traded for Gruden. The success was short lived likely due to not having those high picks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only time I remember it paying off was when the Bucs traded for Gruden. The success was short lived likely due to not having those high picks
Don't forget this one:

New England sent the 16th overall pick in the 2000 draft plus fourth- and seventh-rounders in 2001 in exchange for Belichick, a 2001 fifth-round pick, and a 2002 seventh-round selection.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you've said often.

won't matter, we still have the environment of Jerry
Well only one thing fixes that.

When you get off your ass & take care of it for us! :becky: