• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Question.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve made my points about McCarthy being clueless during games known for some time And I won’t bCk track on them. He can’t make the simplest time management calls, let’s his STs coach make game altering decisions and his decisions on going for it on 4th down are just bizarre...but...I’m going to defend him just a little here where I do think it is warranted...he does seem to be a big part of why this team is ready to play every week. Take that for what you will, but it is an underrated part of what a HC does. Maybe it’s just rah rah BS, but most of us have been in a locker room (at whatever level) where we’ve gotten ourselves pointed in the right direction on game day because of it. I’m not backing him, but I’m just giving him credit for what I think he does well.
Thats fair about MM. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and I said to him the players look excited about playing and having fun. I havent seen this kind of attitude in Dallas for quite some time. Might by part of the reason Jaylon is no longer here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair about MM. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and I said to him the players look excited about playing and having fun. I havent seen this kind of attitude in Dallas for quite some time. Might by part of the reason Jaylon is no longer here.
Yep...I also think there is some value with Mac. The head guy deserves some credit when his team has bought in and come to play each week.

then again....the Dallas media has done a good job turning the casual Dallas football fan against all things MM.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it might have something to do with Quinn.
MM was here last year & the team wasnt like this.
Only difference between now & last year is we changed DC's.

but if it is MM. I gave Garrett credit for mon-sat as well & still wanted him gone. Not that I want MM gone right now. But I would rather lose him than Moore. Love see Moore get more seasoning before moving up or on. MM has some severe head scratchers on Sunday however.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve made my points about McCarthy being clueless during games known for some time And I won’t bCk track on them. He can’t make the simplest time management calls, let’s his STs coach make game altering decisions and his decisions on going for it on 4th down are just bizarre...but...I’m going to defend him just a little here where I do think it is warranted...he does seem to be a big part of why this team is ready to play every week. Take that for what you will, but it is an underrated part of what a HC does. Maybe it’s just rah rah BS, but most of us have been in a locker room (at whatever level) where we’ve gotten ourselves pointed in the right direction on game day because of it. I’m not backing him, but I’m just giving him credit for what I think he does well.
Its a hard call for me as to his locker room rah rah as I am not in the locker room and have no idea who this comes from.

He let's his assistant coaches do the coaching and it seems to be paying off everywhere but ST. We all think that coach is a dud and MM hasn't thrown down on him. If i fuck up several times a week my boss gonna be up my ass, probably helping me to get the job done as well. Coaches need coaching too.

We could almost function with out a head coach.

No I don't believe that but I really like our O and D coaches.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazing how much better the defense is without Jaulon Smith and Woods . Two guys who were giving no effort. Then we draft a linebacker who runs a sub 4.4 and has instincts and is just ferocious

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it might have something to do with Quinn.
MM was here last year & the team wasnt like this.
Only difference between now & last year is we changed DC's.

but if it is MM. I gave Garrett credit for mon-sat as well & still wanted him gone. Not that I want MM gone right now. But I would rather lose him than Moore. Love see Moore get more seasoning before moving up or on. MM has some severe head scratchers on Sunday however.
The main reason I want Moore to stay is he is adapting and comes up with new wrinkles and plays . Not the repetitive BS we saw under Garrets regime. Daks game has gone to an entirely different level with Garrett gone. I know it sounds mean,but the Cowboys are 6-0 without Gallup. I just not a big fan of putting 3 wideouts on the field all the time. Way too predictable.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds mean,but the Cowboys are 6-0 without Gallup. I just not a big fan of putting 3 wideouts on the field all the time. Way too predictable.

Way too predictable was lining up week after week with the defense calling out the play before most snaps. Numbers dictate the play based on alignments. Taking what the defense gives is a group effort decision, not one coach

I don't think the coordinators under Jimmy were half bad. They got their just due but Jimmy was the straw that stirred the drink. I think MM is getting a bad deal with the Dallas media and many football fans have bought in on the negative. I've always referred to those fans as opinions based on opinions and I think it's way over blown based on the total team transformation thus far.