• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Closure: Let's suppose the Pats are guilty of everything ...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I actually don't want to argue with you because I think you're generally pretty awesome, but come on. The Pats were caught making the ball easier to throw, easier to catch, and tougher to fumble in a conference championship game. That's a big deal. It didn't really matter in that game, but it very easily could have been the difference versus the Ravens.

And this isn't a case of a team simply "doctoring" the balls. They took footballs that were certified as game ready and then secretly deflated them to levels below the NFL allowable limit. The level of cheating intent here is off the charts.

The equivalent would be a MLB team replacing the opposing pitcher's game certified baseballs with juiced balls that are easier to hit out of the park in a championship game. And they would also have to somehow cut down on errors by the cheating team.

I'm not trolling when I say that I think this is a pretty big deal.

Actually they weren't, that's the thing. What evidence td the Wells report provided that proved they did anything nefarious? The report is full of inuendo, assumptions, and coached testitmony/cherry picking information that gives a spin desired instead of facts found.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they weren't, that's the thing. What evidence td the Wells report provided that proved they did anything nefarious? The report is full of inuendo, assumptions, and coached testitmony/cherry picking information that gives a spin desired instead of facts found.

I don't really care, but your better position would be, "it's not that big a thing". Taking the position that "there is no proof, and therefore they didn't do it", is just being silly.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care, but your better position would be, "it's not that big a thing". Taking the position that "there is no proof, and therefore they didn't do it", is just being silly.

As is taking the position that they must have done something when there is no proof.

Funny how you only see it one way. Please tell us you have never actually sat on a jury as a peer.:L

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a) there's no "proof" the Patriots cheated, or b) even if the Patriots did cheat, it wasn't worse than what other teams do, then why did the league dock 2 draft picks including next year's 1st rounder, fine the organization a million dollars and suspend their most impactful player for 25% of the entire regular season?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a) there's no "proof" the Patriots cheated, or b) even if the Patriots did cheat, it wasn't worse than what other teams do, then why did the league dock 2 draft picks including next year's 1st rounder, fine the organization a million dollars and suspend their most impactful player for 25% of the entire regular season?

Because theyre haters. Dont you know that the league is out to get the Pats?

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because theyre haters. Dont you know that the league is out to get the Pats?
And THAT is my point.

The only argument a Patriots fan can make is the league is singling them out. I would love to hear a Patriots fan make that argument. I'll need popcorn.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And THAT is my point.

The only argument a Patriots fan can make is the league is singling them out. I would love to hear a Patriots fan make that argument. I'll need popcorn.
When was the last you saw a Pat fan say that here on SportsHoopla?

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are Patriots fans outside of SportsHoopla who like to make this excuse. Here? You tell me, you've been posting here more.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And THAT is my point.

Some of them pussy foot around it, but it is certainly implied. What else can you take from, "the Wells report is Just an agenda/spin driven hack job made to satisfy the league"?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you not understand hat obstruction in itself triggers a penalty phase??
How hard is it for u half whites from NE to grasp??? lol

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is taking the position that they must have done something when there is no proof.

Funny how you only see it one way. Please tell us you have never actually sat on a jury as a peer.:L

Realizing of course that it is in fact the Patriots that cheated and the rest of the league think it's fun to watch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are Patriots fans outside of SportsHoopla who like to make this excuse. Here? You tell me, you've been posting here more.
You're the one who brought it up. How about some kind of link/proof... Or are you just another Ratbird troll? If that's the case you'll have plenty of competition trying to be the Ratbird #1 troll. Better step up your game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you that racial? Get off the roids man.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He couldn't felons aren't allowed to be on juries or vote.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're reading comprehension sucks as proven by your response. Come back after you have re-read my post and understand what it is I actually wrote.

"half whites"?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realizing of course that it is in fact the Patriots that cheated and the rest of the league think it's fun to watch.

Feel free to post some actual evidence they cheated in this supposed scandal, and good luck, Wells couldn't even do it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't felons aren't allowed to be on juries or vote.

It was funny, but believe it or not you can do both if you are a felon, depending upon which state you're from.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny, but believe it or not you can do both if you are a felon, depending upon which state you're from.
Oh my bad I thought it was a federal law.
Guess each state would need to be different. Otherwise they would never have elections or trials in Mary Land.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So really think Brady called the guy the deflater because he was trying to lose weight.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad I thought it was a federal law.
Guess each state would need to be different. Otherwise they would never have elections or trials in Mary Land.

I can and have done both, and I admit I comitted a stupid one when I was 17, now in my late 40's. 17 is legal adult in MA.