• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 10, Cards 30-Eighth Loss of the Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game yesterday and met Vitamike and his friends. We had a great time. Vitamike and friends are great bunch to hang with and they are very cool people. I really enjoyed myself even though the Rams stunk it up. In my section, there were plenty of Rams fans (which surprised me here in Phoenix) and with a little alcohol in many folks, things got a little dicey at the end when people were leaving. We will continue to build this meeting every year as there is not a bad seat in the stadium. We shall see about next year.

WE do have some talent on this team and we have some pretty big dudes. Barksdale is a beast (sizewise) and so is Jake Long. Saffold, Brockers, Quinn, C. Long, Langford, Laurinaitus, Dunbar, and Olgetree also can be included in that category. Dunbar and Olgetree are very feisty as they were getting into post-play scuffles a lot. Janoris Jenkins is very fluid and deceptively agile and he was getting flagged for the most inconsequential contact I have ever witnessed live. Stacy is exactly as SJ76 as characterized him. He is a balling ball, short and squatty and very thick. When he bends over to run, you can't get a hold of the guy. Unfortunately yesterday, there were no holes to run through.

It was evident early on that this team is in "professional" mode and are playing for draft picks. Fisher was often standing alone on the sidelines with not a player or coach around him. I don't know what to make of that. Shottenheimer and Walton were more engaged but being their usual stupid selves. Their offense and defense respectively are so predictable to be laughable. The team looked like they were just playing out the game and will probably do so for the rest of the schedule.

Except for Dunbar and Olgetree and maybe Johnson and Jenkins, there were too many guys playing with little or no passion. Often the body language of the team and the O-line especially was one of being whipped even before the game really got going. Saffold was dragging himself around moping most of the day. He was the last one to the huddle and off the field every time the offense was up. Long is rapidly becoming a disappointment and we are paying that guy big bucks to get beat like he did yesterday.

This team has some real attitude problems and it was evident yesterday. Some of the guys just playing their own game. The offensive calling was so predictable that Cardinal fans were actually picking the plays that came true right before my eyes. The guy that forced the safety came from Long's side of the field and that play was completely a joke.

Stedman Bailey is going to be a star in this league. He was the only receiver that knows how to create distance between himself and the defender and he caught everything thrown his way when he was in there. Quick looks lost. Givens looked completely useless and the same for Jared Cook. The O-line just decided not to do much as well. Clemens had a pedestrian day but he took a beating. Clemens went for 16-27 for some yards and Stacy had 14 carries for 25 yards. Pathetic! We gave up three turnovers and 4 sacks. Austin got a nice break on that big run but then got cheap-shotted at the end of the play. He should have scored.

Outside of Dunbar and Olgetree, the defense looked asleep. On the opening drive, the Cards marched right down the field and scored. The opening play was a look-in slant to Fitzgerald that went for 25 yards. They ran that play all day because we could or would not stop it. They would clear out the DBs and then run Fitz on a delayed look-in underneath and Larry would do the rest. We had no sacks by Long or Quinn or anybody else except Olgetree. We never blitz Palmer until the end of the game and he had all day to throw. Again, I could not figure that out for the life of me.

The refs sunk to a new low by calling off that fumble recovery in the end zone and the Jenkins run back. They blew that call so badly and Jenkins would have scored. The was a shaft job of the highest order and we seem to get these types of screw-ups on a consistent basis now. Walton must be brain-dead like Shottenheimer. He is simply clueless on how to run a defense that has any type of prowess and players like C. Long I think knows it. I feel sorry for Long for having his career trashed by a bunch of collective idiots. Overall, a completely lackluster day. Very disappointing.

Zeurelin looked very pedestrian yesterday and his field goals barely squeeked through. This was on a day that kicker in Denver set a new field goal distance record. More of the same. One bright spot is Cody Davis is a keeper. He was smacking people all over the field on STs and he is going to be an excellent Safety. He should be playing ahead of McCleod.

And we had some of the bizarrest things happen and I am just scratching my head today trying to figure out the thinking of this coaching staff. Leaving Clemens in after the big hit was just bizarre. Davis was warming up like he was going in and then Clemens trots onto the field. WTH?? Then, we were already down 30 to 10 and Fisher starts calling timeouts before the 2:00 minute like we had a chance to win the game. He went through all three of them. We were looking at each other like, WTH?? He kept calling timeouts when we had no chance of scoring. Just freakin' bizarre.

Well, like other posters, I no longer expect much from this team the rest of the way. It is obvious they are just playing for draft picks and paychecks at this point. I am willing to give Fisher a pass for now but this is just more of the same lame Rams organization we have watched for the last 15 years. Nobody really gives a shit and there are some improvements from previous administrations but the undercurrent of mediocrity remains and I don't know if that is ever going to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there was the, no that pretty much sums it up!!!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of this nonsense week after week. It's bothers me more than the last several years because I feel they have more talent on this team than they've had recently. 11 penalties again yesterday +boring play calling + a defense that doesn't show up every week equals un-watchable football. Once again they weren’t prepared to play from the opening whistle and the Cardinals just marched right down the field and score on the 1st drive. It’s mind numbing. It’s really damn hard to have 10 consecutive non-winning seasons in this league. I’m really pissed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you LTR and what it makes it even more difficult is there is no sense of urgency or apparent desire to radically change this thought culture that permeates this franchise. It really is mind boggling. But sitting in the visitor stands yesterday and listening to the laughter and ridicule directed toward the Rams is really disheartening. This franchise has no heart and no desire to win and, except for a few players, they appear to care less. This is something you'd see from say crazyman Bill Bidwell of the old St Louis Cardinals or Hugh Culverhouse of the old Tampa Bay Yuckaneers who basically was only interested in bleeding the franchise dry and then selling it for whatever he could snooker out of someone else. Pathetic to say the least.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you LTR and what it makes it even more difficult is there is no sense of urgency or apparent desire to radically change this thought culture that permeates this franchise. It really is mind boggling. But sitting in the visitor stands yesterday and listening to the laughter and ridicule directed toward the Rams is really disheartening. This franchise has no heart and no desire to win and, except for a few players, they appear to care less. This is something you'd see from say crazyman Bill Bidwell of the old St Louis Cardinals or Hugh Culverhouse of the old Tampa Bay Yuckaneers who basically was only interested in bleeding the franchise dry and then selling it for whatever he could snooker out of someone else. Pathetic to say the least.

At least it’s better than sitting in the stands at the dome listening to opposing fans ridicule our team, LOL.

I realize it’s not in Fisher’s nature but I want to see him blow up and start kicking some ass with some of these guys. Hell pull a Jim Mora at a press conference to hopefully light a fire under some of these under achievers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game (luckily, from what I've read), but I heard that Dahl was back? Did playing him at RG over Saffold hurt the running game as much as it seems to have?

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game (luckily, from what I've read), but I heard that Dahl was back? Did playing him at RG over Saffold hurt the running game as much as it seems to have?

The Cardinals front 7 is just really good.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya another mind boggling choice with our coaching staff. Saffold and Barksdale were playing great and then they switch it up? WTF? i just don't get it. Why change whats working? At least put Dahl in at LG if you want to switch it up. Williams has been so streaky this season. One game he'll play like a pro-bowler then he'll play like the washed up scrub that he is.

I also agree at this point they are playing for draft picks. However, why not play some guys that there are question marks about? Why not just play Bailey, Quick and even Pead? We know what we have in Stacy and Cunningham, Why not put Jones in @ guard? You already mucked it up by putting Dahl back in and shuffling the RT position.
I like Givens I just think he's having a down year but we need a solid 1,2,3 WR system. right now we just rotate a bunch of nobody's in and out of the game and it's killing us. Every successful team has the same 2-3 WR's in on almost every play. Not this hoge-podge of scrubs coming in and out.
Why not play Austin Davis? Do I think he's better than Clemens? No, but at least we have an absolute answer on him for next season.
And how in the hell do the coaches know if he's better than Clemens or Bradford for that matter? Hell look at all the backup QB's that came in and lit it up when no one thought they were any better than a back up QB.

Brady
Warner
Rogers
Brees
Steve Young
......the list goes on and on.

Point is you don't know what you have until you put him in a real NFL game, not preseason BS.

I'm almost ready to stop watching the rams this year and start rooting for a team that is at least competitive. We were awful during the 90's had 3-4 great years and have stunk it up again for the last 10. I'm almost to the point of moving on ...........:L:bawling:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? You didn't think Steve Young was anything more than a backup? Outstanding career at BYU, finished 2nd in the Heisman. Signed with the LA Express for $40M, then was the first player selected (by Tampa) in the USFL supplemental draft. Sure, his 2 years with Tampa were a struggle, but that team was awful.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right he was behind two QB's not just one. Point is coaches are usually clueless about talent around them

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals front 7 is just really good.

Dude..... Their secondary is good or was good until the Honey Badger got hurt. Wonder what is his status? These guys are going to make the playoffs - yes 3 teams from the NFC will make the playoffs!

And watch out - I would not want to play the Cardinals. Dansby and Abraham are ballin.

I think the Rams and the defense especially is frustrated. You saw it yesterday. The Rams have played some really good defenses this year and you can't expect must out of Clemens and rookie RBs with a bang-up O-line and Jake Long getting torched.

Throw in those big WRs in AZ versus our young secondary. Palmer was 23/26 at one point yesterday. With no pass rush hardly from the Rams.

Alot of you jump on the coaches quick when we lose. And the games we have won - it was eye popping like WOW "who the hell are these guys". I try to stay even keel and mello and it's easier now with Bradford out for me. lol I don't expect much out of Clemens. But if Bradford is in that game yesterday, he gets drilled too and plays a little better but we still have a hard time scoring.

Just sayin

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right which brings me to our entire team is sucking. Not just bradford.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against top 10 defenses, yes they have sucked. You have to give the other team credit sometimes too, not just dog the Rams who are young and inexperienced - also had some O-line shuffling AGAIN. Look I hate excuses, but the Cardinals are just good. Which brings me to my point of we need a QB that can make quick decisions, has good pocket awareness, and that can move out of the pocket and also step up and take off if needed. With defensive lineman getting faster, you have to have this in your QB - otherwise he will get drilled in the NFL.

Look at Seattle, San Fran. The only way you are going to beat GREAT defenses in the NFL is to either have 1) a QB with speed, a good arm and a brain OR 2) a pocket passer that can make quick decisions and has a high IQ to keep those defenses off balance IF possible. Sometimes Brady and Manning can't do it either, but eventually they adapt as the game goes on and they find a weakness!

Bradford isn't horrible, but he doesn't make or do quick ANYTHING! LOL He needs all the time in the world to make plays and hardly ever steps up in the pocket or runs for 4-5 yards.

Let's face it. The Rams are inconsistent because they are young on offense and the pieces on the O-line have a hard time against Elite defenses. But the QB's on the Rams can't get it done either.

Sooner or later you are going to face great defenses and they will stop your running attack. Then it's on the QB. People say that Zac30 is why the Rams were ballin against INdy and Chicago.. YES, but the defenses on those 2 teams were not that good either. Bennie ran all over them too.

What are we gonna do at QB when our QBs continue to look lost against great defenses? The great ones and even the good ones adapt and get it done. Sorry, but I haven't ever seen it from a QB here in years. And great defenses are difficult for even the great QBs, but like I said... Eventually they find a window of opportunity or sometimes they just get beatdown.

Bottom line - we haven't done jack or even look decent against great defenses in years. And AZ has a very solid defense.

3 teams will make the playoffs from the NFC West. What's that tell you?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of this, guess which QB had 4 TDs yesterday without Reggie Wayne?

Da'Rick Rodgers!!! 6'4 220 WR beast out of Tennessee. DIDN"T EVEN GET DRAFTED! :gaah:

And how many of us wanted to take a chance on this guy? He's a Brandon Marshall clone - talent, attitude and problems and all. And now INDY has a new go to guy!

Was it all him? NOOOOOO

Mr. Luck makes everyone around him better! That's why.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson. Dahl replaced Saffold for about two quarters and then they put Saffold back in. Dahl got hammered a lot but Saffold didn't do much either. Our whole O-line sucked yesterday because Stacy had only 25 yards for the whole game.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dude..... Their secondary is good or was good until the Honey Badger got hurt."

Never said they weren't. I mentioned Arizona's frint 7 because I was responding to the post concerning the lack of the running game and the Rams offensive line.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was agreeing with you... And throwing in that their secondary is/was pretty good too.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was agreeing with you... And throwing in that their secondary is/was pretty good too.

They have a damn good defense and if they get their running game going next year they could be a force. They are much better than anyone anticipated this year and it will just make it that much more difficult for the Rams the next few years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson. Dahl replaced Saffold for about two quarters and then they put Saffold back in. Dahl got hammered a lot but Saffold didn't do much either. Our whole O-line sucked yesterday because Stacy had only 25 yards for the whole game.

Well, I'm glad to here that they went back to Saffold, since that was working. Obviously, the Cards have a stout defense, but without seeing the game I didn't know the situation. Thanks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a damn good defense and if they get their running game going next year they could be a force. They are much better than anyone anticipated this year and it will just make it that much more difficult for the Rams the next few years.

They are better than anticipated, but I'm not that sold on them yet. They've been climbing the rankings lately while beating mostly struggling teams. They have 3 wins against winning teams so far this year(Detroit, Carolina, and Indy), so they can get the job done, but I would expect them to finish at 9-7 at best (beating Tenn, losing at Seattle and vs SF). They need to find a QB to eventually replace Carson Palmer as well.