• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Closure: Let's suppose the Pats are guilty of everything ...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What purpose would it serve Tom Brady to tell the equipment guys to tamper with the footballs either before OR after they were checked by the NFL officials, if it weren't for the purpose of using said footballs in a game?

Quit asking relevant questions to NE fans. This is where NWPats and NePats get together and call u a hater, talk about Flacco, and remind u of their recent Super Bowl success. Don't get lost in the sauce though it's their go-to and weak. lol...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What purpose would it serve Tom Brady to tell the equipment guys to tamper with the footballs either before OR after they were checked by the NFL officials, if it weren't for the purpose of using said footballs in a game?

What evidence did the Wells report provide to show he told the equipment guys to tamper with the footballs either before OR after they were checked by the NFL officials?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and obstruction. There is obstruction which alone is a punishable offense.

So you concede the Wells report had not evidence that tampering by Brady occurred. Got it!

As for the obstruction, it's debatable hence why the NFLPA intends to take it to the Fed level, since it's over privately owned property an employer is trying to access.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we just get over the whole DeflateGate stuff? Come on people, he might be guilty, or he might be innocent. Either way, the NFL will decide his punishment on June 23rd, so let's just shut up about it already.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit asking relevant questions to NE fans. This is where NWPats and NePats get together and call u a hater, talk about Flacco, and remind u of their recent Super Bowl success. Don't get lost in the sauce though it's their go-to and weak. lol...
:L:pound:

You're the one to introduce Flaccid into each conversation because of a childish need for him to be called elite.

Maybe you can introduce some more fact/false stats like you have previously.:lol:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we just get over the whole DeflateGate stuff? Come on people, he might be guilty, or he might be innocent. Either way, the NFL will decide his punishment on June 23rd, so let's just shut up about it already.

Not exactly. This hearing is simply a stepping stone for the NFLPA to the Fed level. They can't get it in front of say the NLB until they can show they followed the process as prescribed in the CBA. The result of the appeal has nothing to do with the NFLPA desired approach beyond that.

It's part of what many fans on this board, and across the spectrum, don't understand.

When the Commish comes back with 1-4 games upheld they, the fans against Brady and the Patriots, will proclaim "See, he's guilty." Most of whom will do so because they are ignorant of the actual process, some will just do so out of their personal dislike of the parties in question.

Sad part is how it's such a reflection of our modern society, i.e. internet mob mentality.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. This hearing is simply a stepping stone for the NFLPA to the Fed level. They can't get it in front of say the NLB until they can show they followed the process as prescribed in the CBA. The result of the appeal has nothing to do with the NFLPA desired approach beyond that.

It's part of what many fans on this board, and across the spectrum, don't understand.

When the Commish comes back with 1-4 games upheld they, the fans against Brady and the Patriots, will proclaim "See, he's guilty." Most of whom will do so because they are ignorant of the actual process, some will just do so out of their personal dislike of the parties in question.

Sad part is how it's such a reflection of our modern society, i.e. internet mob mentality.
By virtue of him losing his appeal, or just getting it reduced, it means he is guilty even though he might not have done it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By virtue of him losing his appeal, or just getting it reduced, it means he is guilty even though he might not have done it.

Sure, but using your logic he was already guilty then, once the investigation was open, regardless of facts.

The CBA is set up in this manner, so the tactics being used are what's available for a player who happens to find himself in this situation.

The NFLPA is big game hunting, and they have an extremely strong case. The appeal is simply a requirement to having the case heard. The NFL doesn't want it heard. Their record recently at the Fed level is atrocious to say the least, and they know this case is the strongest one they have faced yet.

It's ultimately due to poor management by the Commish.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but using your logic he was already guilty then, once the investigation was open, regardless of facts.

The CBA is set up in this manner, so the tactics being used are what's available for a player who happens to find himself in this situation.

The NFLPA is big game hunting, and they have an extremely strong case. The appeal is simply a requirement to having the case heard. The NFL doesn't want it heard. Their record recently at the Fed level is atrocious to say the least, and they know this case is the strongest one they have faced yet.

It's ultimately due to poor management by the Commish.
Still, because of his initial suspension, I don't see it getting completely removed. You can quote me on this later if I'm wrong.

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence did the Wells report provide to show he told the equipment guys to tamper with the footballs either before OR after they were checked by the NFL officials?
Your Pat fan comrade was the one who said he believed Brady told the equipment people to lower the PSI. I wasn't referencing the Wells Report, these were his words.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Pat fan comrade was the one who said he believed Brady told the equipment people to lower the PSI. I wasn't referencing the Wells Report, these were his words.
Stop picking and choosing what parts of my comments you want talk about. Speak for yourself not me, especially when misquoting me and taking things out of context. As for your red herring comment. I haven't nor will I duck a honest questions. But when you try and manipulate a conversation by misquoting or rephrasing questions I don't waste my time.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you concede the Wells report had not evidence that tampering by Brady occurred. Got it!

As for the obstruction, it's debatable hence why the NFLPA intends to take it to the Fed level, since it's over privately owned property an employer is trying to access.

I concede nothing and restate the obvious. The bar for obstruction is low it seems Beady met that requirement. The NFL need not prove a thing other then that and get its suspension,fine, and draft picks.

That's it. It's simple.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, because of his initial suspension, I don't see it getting completely removed. You can quote me on this later if I'm wrong.

It won't be completely removed by the NFL, but has a high probability of being fully tossed at the Fed level for being arbitrary and capricious.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Must have missed it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concede nothing and restate the obvious. The bar for obstruction is low it seems Beady met that requirement. The NFL need not prove a thing other then that and get its suspension,fine, and draft picks.

That's it. It's simple.

But you're beef with him is supposed cheating which has nothing to do with the obstruction portion.

As for the obstruction portion, it's about personal property, a fight the NFLPA wants to have at the Fed level. Where the bar is has yet to be determined.

And if it's so important how come Goskowski wasn't punished? He refused access to his also.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want proof? Go to ESPN.com, look in the comments section of just about any Brady-related deflategate article and have yourself a blast as Patriots fans frantically try to defend Brady, Belichick & Kraft.

What's YOUR position on this? Did your team outright cheat like the rest of the civilized world has come to recognize? Or is there something the rest of the NFL fanbase, the United States, heck the whole free civilized world is missing? What are we missing that the knuckle-draggers in NE and their bandwagon fans are somehow privy to? Tell me what it is, 'cause I'm just dying to hear it. :thumb:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want proof? Go to ESPN.com, look in the comments section of just about any Brady-related deflategate article and have yourself a blast as Patriots fans frantically try to defend Brady, Belichick & Kraft.

What's YOUR position on this? Did your team outright cheat like the rest of the civilized world has come to recognize? Or is there something the rest of the NFL fanbase, the United States, heck the whole free civilized world is missing? What are we missing that the knuckle-draggers in NE and their bandwagon fans are somehow privy to? Tell me what it is, 'cause I'm just dying to hear it. :thumb:

I'm not. This has been argued for 4 months. I know you are new but forgive me for not contributing. I have said my peace - until the appeal.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. This has been argued for 4 months. I know you are new but forgive me for not contributing. I have said my peace - until the appeal.

I would wait until it's heard by the Feds, I'm guessing they take it to the National Labor Board. The appeal is only a stepping stone since it's doubtful the commish will toss it.