• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 10, Cards 30-Eighth Loss of the Season

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to met up with retro! He hung with our small group prior to the game and we all had a great time. By the way, retro is just as advertised, tough ole' SOB and we were all glad to hang with him. (That's a compliment! LOL don't warn me retro!)

They are much better than anyone anticipated this year and it will just make it that much more difficult for the Rams the next few years.
You know LTR to your comment, I expected the Cards to improve this year, the 9ers to take a step back and wished the Hawks would fail but knew better. I also thought the Rams would struggle early on due to all the youth we have added in the last two years and would improve by season end. We faced a lot of change going into this season with the second year in a row of turning over our roster, a new DC who was as green as a lot of the rookies he was to coach up and a division that was clearly the toughest in the NFL two years running. Add the fact that we jettisoned an all pro RB who fit our scheme last season (Jackson) and our most consistent WR over the last few years (Amendola), another WR who was getting better (Gibby) and even without the Bradford injury it was easy to see we could be in for a long season.

Every time I tried to discuss these things however, somehow they always were viewed as excuses for Sam. LOL I expect next season, despite the strength of our division, we will be on track to have a solid season. Not great but solid. (Either just make or miss the playoffs week 17) We will take our lumps because even the top tiered teams in this league do but we are still a little more than a season away from from being the team we all desire. Yep it will be year four under Fisher before we all get what we want.

Hang in there, JF is still amidst year two!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No warning forthcoming Vita because you have it accurate and you speak the truth. Lol. It was great to meet up with you and your friends and your friend was right. I should have been born in LA. Oh well!!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually spent Sunday watching the game and drinking with... a couple of Seahawks fans?! Two of them happened to show up at the bar to watch the 'Hawks/'Niners game and they had it on the tv right next to Rams/Cardinals. Turns out they're not ALL douchebags, after all. Lol. We pretty much sat, got wasted and talked about the state of the NFC West and the development of the both the Rams and Seahawks. And it was actually a good conversation. Go figure.

As far as the game went... well... it pretty much went exactly as I envisioned it would. The Cards shut down the run and therefore Clemens and the offense struggled mightily. Tavon Austin broke one big play (and almost his ankle). The D played not great, but "well enough", and still couldn't overcome the O's ineptitude.

But, what did you expect? This is just "2014 pre-preseason", as far as I'm concerned. I want to see them win, but I just don't get worked up over Rams losses anymore. I'll be right back at the bar next Sunday, though.

Hey... at least the Redskins got trounced. Go Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Caynine. It is the bane of computer use. You get to know people behind the keyboards and you discover that they can be really cool and good people. We will work on the game next year and an annual event for all of us to meet somewhere. We shall see how that develops.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a damn good defense and if they get their
running game going next year they could be a force. They are much better than
anyone anticipated this year and it will just make it that much more difficult
for the Rams the next few years.

Andre Ellington is a good RB. He was at Clemson last year and the dude has put on some size, but his speed is off the chart.

Vita - you expect the 49ers to fail down the stretch? I will have to disagree. I see an all NFC West - NFC Championship this year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I tried to discuss these things however, somehow they always were viewed as excuses for Sam. LOL I expect next season, despite the strength of our division, we will be on track to have a solid season. Not great but solid. (Either just make or miss the playoffs week 17) We will take our lumps because even the top tiered teams in this league do but we are still a little more than a season away from from being the team we all desire. Yep it will be year four under Fisher before we all get what we want.

Next year Sam versus the NFC West? Same ole same ole my friend. The dude is too slow for those bad ass defenses. He can't handle the pressure and can't run away from it and sorry the pocket is going to be collapsing no matter who we draft or sign. Unless Sam figures out how to make faster reads and pulls the trigger faster, along with taking chances downfield in the offseason OR finds a magic pair of speed boots to extend plays, our offense is going to continue to stall. Unless of course it's garbage time!!

Have you met Sooner4life yet? He's an OU fan and I like his opinion on Bradford.

Which reminds me, it's garbage night tonight. Thanks Vita. :clap:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ellington is a good RB. He was at Clemson last year and the dude has put on some size, but his speed is off the chart.

Vita - you expect the 49ers to fail down the stretch? I will have to disagree. I see an all NFC West - NFC Championship this year.

The problem isn't the back it's their o-line. They just aren't a really good running team right now.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to met up with retro! He hung with our small group prior to the game and we all had a great time. By the way, retro is just as advertised, tough ole' SOB and we were all glad to hang with him. (That's a compliment! LOL don't warn me retro!)

You know LTR to your comment, I expected the Cards to improve this year, the 9ers to take a step back and wished the Hawks would fail but knew better. I also thought the Rams would struggle early on due to all the youth we have added in the last two years and would improve by season end. We faced a lot of change going into this season with the second year in a row of turning over our roster, a new DC who was as green as a lot of the rookies he was to coach up and a division that was clearly the toughest in the NFL two years running. Add the fact that we jettisoned an all pro RB who fit our scheme last season (Jackson) and our most consistent WR over the last few years (Amendola), another WR who was getting better (Gibby) and even without the Bradford injury it was easy to see we could be in for a long season.

Hang in there, JF is still amidst year two!

I thought the Cards would be better but they are even better than most of us thought they would be.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, not fall down the stretch, however 'In Division' need the Wild Card to make the playoffs as opposed to last year where they outright winners in the Division.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the last time I get on a plane and fly to AZ just to watch the Rams get beat up. I've been making that trek since the new stadium in Glendale opened it's doors and the Rams have not won there yet. Had a great time but it's real rough when you're with a slew of Cardinal fans and your team can't do buttkiss. :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year Sam versus the NFC West? Same ole same ole my friend. The dude is too slow for those bad ass defenses. He can't handle the pressure and can't run away from it and sorry the pocket is going to be collapsing no matter who we draft or sign. Unless Sam figures out how to make faster reads and pulls the trigger faster, along with taking chances downfield in the offseason OR finds a magic pair of speed boots to extend plays, our offense is going to continue to stall. Unless of course it's garbage time!!

Have you met Sooner4life yet? He's an OU fan and I like his opinion on Bradford.

Which reminds me, it's garbage night tonight. Thanks Vita. :clap:
When did I talk about next year and Sam??

My comments were only about the challenges I suggested, prior to the season, how they would be turned as excuses for Sam and once again Junkie, after this comment here, you don't disappoint!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey did you text me on Sunday?

No Vita I didn't. My group was on the grassy knoll area near the stage and our seats were in the club level. I'm on wheels so the club level works out best for me.