• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Closure: Let's suppose the Pats are guilty of everything ...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... then what? Should society revert to its draconic ways and hang Pats fans to the ceiling by their nuts? Burn the homers at the stake? Would that make things better? I'm sure Mother Marge would be very busy saving so many lost souls ...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on the jury would say: Fry them! Then the chanting would begin, fry them, fry them ... we don't need no evidence, they are guilty. Period.
Wait a second, that is already happening ...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lob their heads off. It's the only way to stop the deflection infection from spreading. It's debilitating sickness that causes madness.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that gives chop block a whole other meaning ...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what peoples reaction would be in Brady came out (in the beginning) and said "I like to inflate them just below 12.5 and see if it slips past the Refs, if they catch it and fill them up, fine. If not, oh well".

Would there still have been an investigation?
Would this fall on the Refs/league?
Fine him and move on?

What do you all think?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Most sane people DO think they are guilty.
2) Why would there be an animosity towards the fans?
3) Homers will be homers. Every fan base has them. We're talking about deflating footballs here, not diddling little boys.

Bottom line: Patriots cheat. We all know it. Life goes on.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what peoples reaction would be in Brady came out (in the beginning) and said "I like to inflate them just below 12.5 and see if it slips past the Refs, if they catch it and fill them up, fine. If not, oh well".

Fine him and move on?

What do you all think?

I think Brady would prefer his footballs at 12.5 all the time vs. sometimes regulation, sometimes lower.
The real question is did Brady tell the attendants to lower them , even to regulation 12.5 after they were inspected. If he did he broke the rules. Only idiots think he wants them at lower than regulation.
The issue is did he cheat or not.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should all gather at the zakim and allow a poster to push each of us off, ceremonially.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no biggie if the Patriots need and unfair advantage to win it speaks for itself. I guess after losing those last 2 Super Bowls they lost confidence in themselves and this speaks for itself.

:L

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no biggie if the Patriots need and unfair advantage to win it speaks for itself. I guess after losing those last 2 Super Bowls they lost confidence in themselves and this speaks for itself.

:L
mike flynn, your ravens starting center and superbowl winner...hosts a local radio show. he said several times in baltimore he would be snapping a rock hard football in the first quarter, which somehow got softer and easier to grip by the 2nd quarter.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose??? They are guilty, but for the life of me I don't get why they are being treated like sex offenders over this.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose??? They are guilty, but for the life of me I don't get why they are being treated like sex offenders over this.

Yeah I giggled at the "Let's suppose" part of the thread title too. Yeah let's suppose the sun comes up in the morning while we are making these WILD assumptions.....the Pat's cheated. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

The reason that the punishment is so severe and compared to what the knuckleheads that do crap off the field is that on-the-field integrity is actually more important and vital to a professional sport than off the field behavior. For two weeks before the lead up to the biggest moment of the year in the NFL, the only story was about one side cheating to get there. That is horrible for the long term health of a professional sport's league and potentially way more damaging than the off the field stuff we have seen in the last year. Thus the NFL brought down the ax in this case to make sure it doesn't happen again anytime soon.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I giggled at the "Let's suppose" part of the thread title too. Yeah let's suppose the sun comes up in the morning while we are making these WILD assumptions.....the Pat's cheated. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

The reason that the punishment is so severe and compared to what the knuckleheads that do crap off the field is that on-the-field integrity is actually more important and vital to a professional sport than off the field behavior. For two weeks before the lead up to the biggest moment of the year in the NFL, the only story was about one side cheating to get there. That is horrible for the long term health of a professional sport's league and potentially way more damaging than the off the field stuff we have seen in the last year. Thus the NFL brought down the ax in this case to make sure it doesn't happen again anytime soon.
"lets suppose the vikings used sideline heaters to illegally alter the football vs carolina this past season"

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"lets suppose the vikings used sideline heaters to illegally alter the football vs carolina this past season"

but there was no 'sting' involved so not even a slap on the wrist for that violation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fine him and move on?

What do you all think?

it would have been a non issue. Rodgers admitted he over inflates and nothing....

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would have been a non issue. Rodgers admitted he over inflates and nothing....
it would have been the league mandated 25k fine and not a word more.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we are still stating facts preceded by "Let's suppose"?

The Pat's are being punished, and rightfully so, for getting caught cheating in one of the biggest games of the year. It's not the crime....it's the timing. Had this happened in week 8, it would have been a blip on the NFL radar with a stern warning and the most a little fine.

But they didn't get caught cheating in week 8....they got caught cheating in the AFCCG. So instead of questioning the result of a couple of fantasy football matchups, NFL fan's are left to ponder if the eventual SB champ might not have won a title if they hadn't broken some rules along the way.

It's not the specific crime that they are being punished for. It is the timing.

And what more, they also are being punished for their lack of moral integrity in refusing to admit what everyone knows is true and hampering the investigation. A trait that sadly has trickled down to their fans.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are still stating facts preceded by "Let's suppose"?

The Pat's are being punished, and rightfully so, for getting caught cheating in one of the biggest games of the year. It's not the crime....it's the timing. Had this happened in week 8, it would have been a blip on the NFL radar with a stern warning and the most a little fine.

But they didn't get caught cheating in week 8....they got caught cheating in the AFCCG. So instead of questioning the result of a couple of fantasy football matchups, NFL fan's are left to ponder if the eventual SB champ might not have won a title if they hadn't broken some rules along the way.

It's not the specific crime that they are being punished for. It is the timing.

And what more, they also are being punished for their lack of moral integrity in refusing to admit what everyone knows is true and hampering the investigation. A trait that sadly has trickled down to their fans.
yeah, but the vikings used sideline heaters to alter the football, a rule violation in the same ilk has puffing a half psi out of a football.

thats all i said.

and i agree with the rest of your post.