• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Closure: Let's suppose the Pats are guilty of everything ...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would have been the league mandated 25k fine and not a word more.

PROBABLY.. but then everyone else should have gotten said fine too... But yes this would not be such a big issue if Brady just said what he did. Or that he liked them at 12.5 exactly,

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what peoples reaction would be in Brady came out (in the beginning) and said "I like to inflate them just below 12.5 and see if it slips past the Refs, if they catch it and fill them up, fine. If not, oh well".

Would there still have been an investigation?
Would this fall on the Refs/league?
Fine him and move on?

What do you all think?

The refs place those balls every single play before Brady ever gets his hands on them. This whole thing was a joke. If the ball is a bad ball don't let the center snap it. Huge fuck up by the league if they really do care strongly about the specific PSI of each football used on the field of play. Huge.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs place those balls every single play before Brady ever gets his hands on them. This whole thing was a joke. If the ball is a bad ball don't let the center snap it. Huge fuck up by the league if they really do care strongly about the specific PSI of each football used on the field of play. Huge.

That is the thing, they did not care about PSI until now....strange if you ask me.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO...Rodgers admitted he likes to over inflate the balls and see if it slips past the Refs. Is he a cheater too? I mean he has to be because Brady is labeled one.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at GenJac, would not expect anything less from a hater...HAHA!!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no biggie if the Patriots need and unfair advantage to win it speaks for itself. I guess after losing those last 2 Super Bowls they lost confidence in themselves and this speaks for itself.

:L

You realize that of all the NFL team fan bases Ravens are a 1 or 1A of hypocrites if they speak out in this matter right?:L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... then what? Should society revert to its draconic ways and hang Pats fans to the ceiling by their nuts? Burn the homers at the stake? Would that make things better? I'm sure Mother Marge would be very busy saving so many lost souls ...
Why keep beating a dead horse? :deadhorse:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO...Rodgers admitted he likes to over inflate the balls and see if it slips past the Refs. Is he a cheater too? I mean he has to be because Brady is labeled one.
Rodgers was never caught doing anything against the rules.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was never caught doing anything against the rules.

OK, he admitted to it, is there is difference? You have to get caught to actually be guilty? I would think an admission of breaking the rules makes you guilty also. I know I will catch shit for this, but Brady was not actually "caught" doing anything either...It was "suggested" that he did/knew something about it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, he admitted to it, is there is difference? You have to get caught to actually be guilty? I would think an admission of breaking the rules makes you guilty also. I know I will catch shit for this, but Brady was not actually "caught" doing anything either...It was "suggested" that he did/knew something about it.
Come on, Roger said the balls submitted were over inflated and crossed his fingers the refs wouldn't deflate them or at least not enough. A bit different then waiting till they were tested, then screwing with them...don't you think?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Roger said the balls submitted were over inflated and crossed his fingers the refs wouldn't deflate them or at least not enough. A bit different then waiting till they were tested, then screwing with them...don't you think?
After all these months these guys still don't get it...wow! Best to just give up HS.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?? Again, show me the proof...not maybe's, probably, might have....Also show me the proof you have that Brady told them to do this....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all these months these guys still don't get it...wow! Best to just give up HS.

No, I get it...You convict people off of no proof and you hate everything related to NE Patriots football...trust me, I get it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Again, show me the proof...not maybe's, probably, might have....Also show me the proof you have that Brady told them to do this....
The evidence is there for everyone to judge. We had a poll and 30 out of 34 posters said he was guilty, including some Pats fans. These are fans from all kinds of teams, not just Ravens, Steelers, Bronco, Seahawks , or Dolphins, many were from teams that couldn't possible have a axe to grind, heck it included some Pats fans for God Sakes. So give it up you die hard.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't judge people off of "maybe's" and "suspected involvement" and "someones opinion". I have said I have no issues with him being suspended because he did not cooperate and refused to hand over his cell phone. To put blame and call him guilty of telling those guys to deflate the balls after they were measured based on the Wells report is a joke. Your right, everyone has their opinion, I have mine. If Brady is guilty and you have 100% proof that he told them, then I am right behind you in him being banned. Funny part, I am not a big Brady guy. I am actually happy Jimmy is going to start. Again show me proof, not opinions...and I don't mean a SportsHoopla poll!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't judge people off of "maybe's" and "suspected involvement" and "someones opinion". I have said I have no issues with him being suspended because he did not cooperate and refused to hand over his cell phone. To put blame and call him guilty of telling those guys to deflate the balls after they were measured based on the Wells report is a joke. Your right, everyone has their opinion, I have mine. If Brady is guilty and you have 100% proof that he told them, then I am right behind you in him being banned. Funny part, I am not a big Brady guy. I am actually happy Jimmy is going to start. Again show me proof, not opinions...and I don't mean a SportsHoopla poll!

He cheated. The world knows it. Please stop. :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: Suit your self. In cases like these you rarely have direct evidence like a vid of him Brady actually instructing the equipment folks to doctor the balls. If that is all you'll accept, well in that case hardly no one ever get busted. Some times you got to use common sense, heck, no some times about it, almost always.

Carry on.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00

You're only labeled a cheater if you're caught and suspended, so to answer your question no Rodgers doesn't get the cheater label.