• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB Perrish Cox Signed w/Seahawks

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, no smack talking or troll here; wanted to get that out of the way. As we all know, our teams swap players like the Hawks defense smokes weed. With that being said, what are the Hawks getting in Cox? He seems like someone that could flourish under the Hawks defensive scheme, but curious on your guys thoughts on his abilities?

Looking forward to the game in two weeks, good luck the rest of the way!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, no smack talking or troll here; wanted to get that out of the way. As we all know, our teams swap players like the Hawks defense smokes weed. With that being said, what are the Hawks getting in Cox? He seems like someone that could flourish under the Hawks defensive scheme, but curious on your guys thoughts on his abilities?

A pretty good player who can play nickel and return kicks.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our teams swap players? Who have the 49ers signed off of the Seahawks besides Harper?

I don't see him doing a whole lot of flourishing, the 49ers released him despite having a mediocre (at best) secondary and one of the worst return games in the league. I think that says a lot about how good Cox is/could be.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our teams swap players? Who have the 49ers signed off of the Seahawks besides Harper?

I don't see him doing a whole lot of flourishing, the 49ers released him despite having a mediocre (at best) secondary and one of the worst return games in the league. I think that says a lot about how good Cox is/could be.

The Seahawks have recently lost both Browner and Thurman so I bet they can find use for Cox.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who have the 49ers signed off of the Seahawks besides Harper?

WR Harper, WR Lockette, & WR Martin. All of which were claimed as soon as the Hawks cut them, but who cares anyways. I'm focused on Perrish Cox, and it sounds like he isn't that great by your opinion. I hope you are wrong.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Harper, WR Lockette, & WR Martin. All of which were claimed as soon as the Hawks cut them, but who cares anyways. I'm focused on Perrish Cox, and it sounds like he isn't that great by your opinion. I hope you are wrong.

Max is getting the start… He's better than Cox… This was just a depth move….

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good call on Lockette, I forgot about him (easily done, he's forgettable). Don't know who Martin is.

I liked Cox when I saw him play (which was mostly meaningless preseason games). But I think that common sense would dictate that expectations that he will provide anything should be tempered considering the fact that the 49ers could definitely use a CB and a returner and they let Cox go despite the fact that he's both.

In my opinion this move is more a product of Pete Carroll's inferiority complex causing him to get rock hard over anything Jim Harbaugh than any thing else.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Lockette, I forgot about him (easily done, he's forgettable). Don't know who Martin is.

I liked Cox when I saw him play (which was mostly meaningless preseason games). But I think that common sense would dictate that expectations that he will provide anything should be tempered considering the fact that the 49ers could definitely use a CB and a returner and they let Cox go despite the fact that he's both.

In my opinion this move is more a product of Pete Carroll's inferiority complex causing him to get rock hard over anything Jim Harbaugh than any thing else.

Don't think so… It's a move that was made because were down 2 CB for the next 4 weeks…

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he played well enough for us didn't understand why we cut him. He is a bigger physical corner who should fit with the Seahawks scheme well. Solid move for you guys IMO

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is absurd. If anyone has anyone's number it is Carrol having Harbaugh's. Harbaugh wants to beat him so bad he can't think straight and his team ends up getting dominated by an inferior team.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is absurd. If anyone has anyone's number it is Carrol having Harbaugh's. Harbaugh wants to beat him so bad he can't think straight and his team ends up getting dominated by an inferior team.

I know it would be hard on us all but it might be best if you came out of your neon green closet and just fully admitted your Seahawks fandom. You could have a QB with a proper-brimmed hat, a top of the line coach, and a fanbase who is fully committed to your style of posting.

But seriously though, Sneaky Pete is just doing that whole "Troll the 49ers by signing their players" troll job thing that he likes to do.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know it would be hard on us all but it might be best if you came out of your neon green closet and just fully admitted your Seahawks fandom. You could have a QB with a proper-brimmed hat, a top of the line coach, and a fanbase who is fully committed to your style of posting.

But seriously though, Sneaky Pete is just doing that whole "Troll the 49ers by signing their players" troll job thing that he likes to do.

Toby is a USC fan and has always, or almost always, liked Pete Carroll.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting sick of those Seachickens trying to be like us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't shock me if they signed Aso to

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yawn. Got anything new?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby is a USC fan and has always, or almost always, liked Pete Carroll.

I don't understand the hatred for the guy. He's an excellent coach. Is it the fact that his team is beating up on us now? But you are right, I will never forget how he brought USC back to prominence so he has built up a lot of good will with me.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Parrish Cox enough that I think the Seahawks will find something to do with him; San Francisco just had too many nickel DBs with Aso, Brock, and Wright to rationalize keeping Parrish Cox on the team.

Bonus for Seattle is that he probably knows Fangio's scheme like the back of his hand.