• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB Perrish Cox Signed w/Seahawks

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a car. Not just any car though, it was a 96 Chevy Impala SS.

Beyond the house and other payments, sources say New Era Sports paid for a pristine, black-on-black 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS for Bush. Although the car was almost 10 years old, the model is popular for a number of stylistic reasons. First off, the car, which features a small block, V-8 engine, is particularly fast. Second, it boasted a frame fitted for wide, speed-rated tires, which allows it to be detailed with large rims. Sources say that after Bush took control of the car early in 2005 it was decked out with such rims and an expensive stereo system was installed.

The car was purchased for Bush in the Los Angelas area and there are pictures of Bush showing the car to players and coaches...

Bush is also seen sitting on the hood of a car fitting that description in a full-page photo in the June/July issue of DUB Magazine, which is dedicated to high-performance and detailed cars. It regularly features pictures and articles about athletes and their automobiles.

And pretty much any time a college athlete shows up with a fancy new car or item, the team (any team) is required to fill out paperwork explaining how the vehicle was purchased. That paper work was actually started and never completed because there was no honest excuse for why he purchased the car.... But Pete Carroll knew nothing?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a car. Not just any car though, it was a 96 Chevy Impala SS.

Beyond the house and other payments, sources say New Era Sports paid for a pristine, black-on-black 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS for Bush. Although the car was almost 10 years old, the model is popular for a number of stylistic reasons. First off, the car, which features a small block, V-8 engine, is particularly fast. Second, it boasted a frame fitted for wide, speed-rated tires, which allows it to be detailed with large rims. Sources say that after Bush took control of the car early in 2005 it was decked out with such rims and an expensive stereo system was installed.

The car was purchased for Bush in the Los Angelas area and there are pictures of Bush showing the car to players and coaches...

Bush is also seen sitting on the hood of a car fitting that description in a full-page photo in the June/July issue of DUB Magazine, which is dedicated to high-performance and detailed cars. It regularly features pictures and articles about athletes and their automobiles.

And pretty much any time a college athlete shows up with a fancy new car or item, the team (any team) is required to fill out paperwork explaining how the vehicle was purchased. That paper work was actually started and never completed because there was no honest excuse for why he purchased the car.... But Pete Carroll knew nothing?

Nice. I've always wanted the 66 Impala SS. What a car that was! Bush is a creep and was surrounded by a bunch of creeps but to blame it on Carroll is a stretch.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how any of it benefitted Pete Caroll or USC...

So why would he have known? If an agency is trying to lure a player away from any school and have them leave school early, would it be in the best interest of the agency to have the head coach know about such scheming?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is how does Reggie Bush getting some booster to buy his folks a house have anything to do with what happened on the field? They can take away trophies but I guarantee all those teams who played SC knew who the National Champs were. As far as I'm aware there was nothing done wrong in recruiting. I only know about the Reggie Bush deal. By all means tell us what you know.

Now you are Clinton-ing this topic by trying to define what recruitment is. Don't you think that if a booster offers the parents a house, that house would be a determining factor in Bush playing at USC as opposed to....say, Alabama? So although you can hide behind the whole "those on the field knew who the National Champs were" all you want, but without "those on the field" committing to play at USC, would they win? You are assuming that without the house, Bush still plays at USC. It also opens up the idea of where there is smoke, there is fire. Were Lendale White and Leinart paid by boosters? Were there others? Either way, what happens on the field is directly affected by WHO is on the field and THAT starts with recruitment, from the coach, boosters, or anyone else that Carroll would pretend not to know about.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now you are Clinton-ing this topic by trying to define what recruitment is. Don't you think that if a booster offers the parents a house, that house would be a determining factor in Bush playing at USC as opposed to....say, Alabama? So although you can hide behind the whole "those on the field knew who the National Champs were" all you want, but without "those on the field" committing to play at USC, would they win? You are assuming that without the house, Bush still plays at USC. It also opens up the idea of where there is smoke, there is fire. Were Lendale White and Leinart paid by boosters? Were there others? Either way, what happens on the field is directly affected by WHO is on the field and THAT starts with recruitment, from the coach, boosters, or anyone else that Carroll would pretend not to know about.

But you are assuming that USC set that up, which isn't the case...

This wasn't a booster situation, this was a wannabe agent trying to lure Bush away from USC...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like from what you wrote above that you have no idea about the Bush situation. It was an aspiring agent who got to him two years after Bush came to USC. It had nothing to do with enticing players to SC. It is completely assinine to suggest that White and Leinert were paid by boosters when there has never been any talk about any players getting anything from boosters. At least know what you are talking about if you are going to make accusations. Otherwise you just come across as silly.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is that whether its an agent or a booster, if one of your star players shows up in a tricked out Impala, I'm guessing to protect the integrity of YOUR program, you would go ahead and look into it, no? And if an agent actually got Bush the car and house, how far of a stretch is it to say that there is a probability that others were on the take as well, recruiting or otherwise? Especially if Carroll has shown the tendency towards looking the other way.

You make character accusations and assumptions all the time about different players and yet you have no fucking clue what you are talking about and yet you want to tell me to at least KNOW?!? Pot, meet kettle.

This whole idea that Pete Carroll didn't know is stupid logic, frankly. I have lived in LA for over 15 years now and although I'm not a USC fan, I hear USC discussion listening to sports radio as well as have friends who were athletes at USC. Carroll ran a loose ship and his players got away with much of whatever they were into. For example, did you know how many times campus police were called out to fights started by Ray Mualuaga (sp?)? Three that I was present for. How many was he punished for? Go ahead, I'll wait while you find the answer. I'll give you a hint...it wasn't three. And were there team repercussions? Nope.

This whole "how was Pete supposed to know?" bullshit is so laughable, yet you cannot look at Carroll objectively because you are a USC ball washer. I don't root for any football teams in college football so from a college football standpoint, I have no dog in this fight. But I know bullshit when I see it. For example, the entire SEC pays for players. Don't be a douche-nozzle in thinking that USC is above that, especially considering the overall track record of their athletics program.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:focus:

Perrish Cox - DB - Free Agent

Seahawks waived CB Perrish Cox.

Cox wasn't even on the roster for 24 hours. It's possible something went awry with his physical. Either way, the 26-year-old is back on the street.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Nov 27 - 4:39 PM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are assuming that USC set that up, which isn't the case...

This wasn't a booster situation, this was a wannabe agent trying to lure Bush away from USC...

I didn't say that USC set it up, but I AM saying that Pete did nothing to prevent it or get ahead of it by investigating it. Star player rolls in with a tricked out $20k car and no questions are asked?

And I know it wasn't a booster situation, but if agents can get to players, then so can boosters. I was expanding the scenario to show the possibility of how deep this truly could go if you deny. Hence the huge sanctions imposed on USC. It was not the infraction, it was the blatant denial and arrogance all throughout the investigation that got them the sanctions they received.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo, thoughts on Cox?

Being away from football for an entire year has stunt his development IMO. He showed a bit of potential as a rookie with the Broncos but for some reason hasn't lived up to that "starter potential" ever since he has returned back in the league. I would have much rather cut him than Nnamdi. Not that he's better than Nnamdi, I just think that having Eric Wright on the roster brings the same set of skill that he brings as a corner. Nnamdi is able to give us a different look within our D with regard to press coverage. I can see why/how the staff chose to cut Nnamdi instead - they are asking our corners to play off coverage (keep everything in front of them). During the MNF game, players like Brock was giving receivers so much cushion and I think it was by design. If that is what Vic Fangio wants, than that makes Nnamdi expandable since his ability to press receiver is no longer needed based on the scheme that we want to run.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being away from football for an entire year has stunt his development IMO. He showed a bit of potential as a rookie with the Broncos but for some reason hasn't lived up to that "starter potential" ever since he has returned back in the league. I would have much rather cut him than Nnamdi. Not that he's better than Nnamdi, I just think that having Eric Wright on the roster brings the same set of skill that he brings as a corner. Nnamdi is able to give us a different look within our D with regard to press coverage. I can see why/how the staff chose to cut Nnamdi instead - they are asking our corners to play off coverage (keep everything in front of them). During the MNF game, players like Brock was giving receivers so much cushion and I think it was by design. If that is what Vic Fangio wants, than that makes Nnamdi expandable since his ability to press receiver is no longer needed based on the scheme that we want to run.

I would totally agree with that assessment. When we first signed him, I was stoked because he was talented but it really never materialized on the field.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say that USC set it up, but I AM saying that Pete did nothing to prevent it or get ahead of it by investigating it. Star player rolls in with a tricked out $20k car and no questions are asked?

And I know it wasn't a booster situation, but if agents can get to players, then so can boosters. I was expanding the scenario to show the possibility of how deep this truly could go if you deny. Hence the huge sanctions imposed on USC. It was not the infraction, it was the blatant denial and arrogance all throughout the investigation that got them the sanctions they received.

I was responding to this quote by you- "Don't you think that if a booster offers the parents a house, that house would be a determining factor in Bush playing at USC as opposed to....say, Alabama?"

Maybe it was a hypothetical, but it didn't read that way...

As far as "how deep this truly could go", the NCAA investigated USC for over four years searching for connections that the USC football program might have had directly to any coruption. They never found it, and were forced to say "USC should have known".

Last I checked, the NCAA is still fighting tooth and nail to keep their documents sealed from the investigation. After their innitial loss in court to coach McNair, the judge stated that the NCAA was malicious, over the top, and showed ill will or hatred toward coach McNair.

But that really isn't a surprise when the investigation was overseen by one of the most proven and crooked people in NCAA history, Paul Dee...

Do I think Carroll knew what Reggie and his parents were up to? No. But, I say that because I don't think he wanted to know. I think he was neglegent and just put up his blinders to anything that was going on. I'm sure he knew something was going on but I don't think he knew specificaly, nor do I think he cared...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is that whether its an agent or a booster, if one of your star players shows up in a tricked out Impala, I'm guessing to protect the integrity of YOUR program, you would go ahead and look into it, no? And if an agent actually got Bush the car and house, how far of a stretch is it to say that there is a probability that others were on the take as well, recruiting or otherwise? Especially if Carroll has shown the tendency towards looking the other way.

You make character accusations and assumptions all the time about different players and yet you have no fucking clue what you are talking about and yet you want to tell me to at least KNOW?!? Pot, meet kettle.

This whole idea that Pete Carroll didn't know is stupid logic, frankly. I have lived in LA for over 15 years now and although I'm not a USC fan, I hear USC discussion listening to sports radio as well as have friends who were athletes at USC. Carroll ran a loose ship and his players got away with much of whatever they were into. For example, did you know how many times campus police were called out to fights started by Ray Mualuaga (sp?)? Three that I was present for. How many was he punished for? Go ahead, I'll wait while you find the answer. I'll give you a hint...it wasn't three. And were there team repercussions? Nope.

This whole "how was Pete supposed to know?" bullshit is so laughable, yet you cannot look at Carroll objectively because you are a USC ball washer. I don't root for any football teams in college football so from a college football standpoint, I have no dog in this fight. But I know bullshit when I see it. For example, the entire SEC pays for players. Don't be a douche-nozzle in thinking that USC is above that, especially considering the overall track record of their athletics program.

Well, there's your problem right there; that and being a dipshit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it was the jealousy as well as the networks being frightened that the attention was moving away from their eastern base.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to this quote by you- "Don't you think that if a booster offers the parents a house, that house would be a determining factor in Bush playing at USC as opposed to....say, Alabama?"

Maybe it was a hypothetical, but it didn't read that way...

As far as "how deep this truly could go", the NCAA investigated USC for over four years searching for connections that the USC football program might have had directly to any coruption. They never found it, and were forced to say "USC should have known".

Last I checked, the NCAA is still fighting tooth and nail to keep their documents sealed from the investigation. After their innitial loss in court to coach McNair, the judge stated that the NCAA was malicious, over the top, and showed ill will or hatred toward coach McNair.

But that really isn't a surprise when the investigation was overseen by one of the most proven and crooked people in NCAA history, Paul Dee...

Do I think Carroll knew what Reggie and his parents were up to? No. But, I say that because I don't think he wanted to know. I think he was neglegent and just put up his blinders to anything that was going on. I'm sure he knew something was going on but I don't think he knew specificaly, nor do I think he cared...

But wait a minute, DreDinis listens to sports talk radio in Los Angeles so he's got to be right, doesn't he?:noidea:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait a minute, DreDinis listens to sports talk radio in Los Angeles so he's got to be right, doesn't he?:noidea:

Is that what you took from what I wrote? Maybe that's one of your problems. Along with being a blowhard racist dipshit. So congrats, you got me beat.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problem is that he is a seahawk fan pretending to be a niner fan .

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problem is that he is a seahawk fan pretending to be a niner fan .

Toby? No I'm certain that he's not a Seahawk fan. He was around before Seahawks or their fans felt relevant.

My guess is he's a Packer fan. I think he used to have a screen name with dodger in it. dodger jim?:gaah:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what you took from what I wrote? Maybe that's one of your problems. Along with being a blowhard racist dipshit. So congrats, you got me beat.

Those quotes of mine must have really stung you for you to not be able to think of any comeback and try to use the same line on me. C'mon goober, you can do better!