• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Clemson or FSU make the title game?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year, bro. And don't forget about Miami who has already beaten Florida.

ACC is going all the way! Get used to it. It is the future of college football.

That was at the beginning of the year. Florida's D is now legit and they don't have Driskel.

Dream on though, it is a long season. For you to put an ACC team in the ship already is absurd. They will find a way to lose.

I will say Clemson has the best shot though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gotta have Bama lose, because I think they get in over undefeated Ohio st., but not over undefeated Bama, Oregon, or Stanford. If LSU can take us out, I don't think a 1 loss SEC team gets in this year, and that will set up FSU/Clem to play the Pac 12 champ in the natty.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was at the beginning of the year. Florida's D is now legit and they don't have Driskel.

Dream on though, it is a long season. For you to put an ACC team in the ship already is absurd. They will find a way to lose.

Yep. Because if Clemson goes undefeated they will have also beaten a likely one or no loss Miami team in the ACC CG. Not bad to add to their resume.

For you to put tOSU in the game is absurd, too. They could very well lose at least one game. We shall see.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't shock me. I could see Clemson taking out FSU, then SCAR taking out Clemson.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gotta have Bama lose, because I think they get in over undefeated Ohio st., but not over undefeated Bama, Oregon, or Stanford. If LSU can take us out, I don't think a 1 loss SEC team gets in this year, and that will set up FSU/Clem to play the Pac 12 champ in the natty.

If you line up the resumes of Clemson or FSU and compare it with Oregon and Bama, you would see they would deserve a spot in the national title game. Let's see who all 5 teams would have to beat (in terms of top wins) to go 13-0

Oregon- @ Washington, @ Stanford, UCLA, and UCLA or ASU in the Conference title game

Stanford- Washington, Notre Dame, Oregon, and UCLA or ASU in the conference title game

Bama- Va Tech (neutral) @ A&M, VS LSU, @ Auburn, and SEC title game against Georgia or Florida

Clemson- Georgia, FSU, @ South Carolina, and ACC TITLE game against Miami or Va Tech

FSU- @ Clemson, VS Miami, @ Florida, and against Miami or Va Tech in the ACC Title game.

If it came down to FSU, Stanford, and Bama I would take FSU and Bama. Reason is because all of Stanford big wins would come at home while both FSU & Bama would've had to go on the road twice to beat top 25 teams.

If it came down to FSU, Oregon, and Bama there's no way you can keep Oregon out if they had road wins in Washington and Stanford in addition to beating UCLA twice on in Eugene. It will come down to FSU and Bama IMO. It will come down to how good Bama wins against Va Tech and Auburn look in December. Right now they would look good. To be honest with you I think the Va Tech win would look good either way because I think they're at least a 9 win team with their remaining schedule. As for the possible Auburn win, I'm not sure how good that will look because I can see Auburn being a 7-5 team with losses to Bama, Georgia, A&M, and Arkansas or UT (road games).

In order for Clemson to make it IMO they would need for FSU & UGA to go 11-1 while South Carolina to go 10-2. In addition to that it would really help them if Miami or Va Tech came into the ACC title game at 11-1 also.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early for this kind of talk. Remember last year when it was a done deal K-State vs Oregon with only two weeks to go? There will be some inexplicable losses by top teams that bring chaos to the established order. But I don't think a 12-1 UGA jumps a 13-0 Clemson. They might jump a 13-0 FSU.
Nah ... no one loss team will jump an undefeated, even if it is Louisville. And, as much as I love my Dawgs, we were decimated by injuries this week ... we will be lucky to beat Mizzou next week.

This year, the following could all be undefeated: Clemson/FSU, Alabama, OSU, OU, Louisville, Oregon/Stanford. That's a lot of teams that have a really good chance of being undefeated. I think Louisville is an absolute. OSU looks solid with only Michigan and probably NW again.

The problem that the ACC teams have is that they have each other, and also Miami who is playing well (for Clemson it would be in the CCG), and then games against USCe and UF, and the the CG (each other again, Miami or VaTech). Don't see either going through that undefeated.

OU will kill Tejas, but has @Baylor and @OKSU. I don't think they will go undefeated.

The Oregon\Stanford game looms big, and with UCLA playing well, the CG may mean more this year. Oregon has to play Washington that looked pretty good tonight, and the OrSU which is a grudge match. I still think Oregon could go undefeated more than Stanford. Washington owned the stats except the important one. But Oregon has @Wash, @Stanford, and UCLA in the next 4 weeks. That's tough sledding.

Bama seems to have a fairly easy road, with LSU at home, and then the SECCG against UGa or UF it looks like right now.

If college football is anything, it is crazy. But, I see at least 2 undefeateds this year, especially with Louisville in the picture. Until I saw Oregon's next 4 weeks, I was going to say Oregon v. OSU. Now, I am going to go with Louisville v. OSU which makes me want to throw up.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah ... no one loss team will jump an undefeated, even if it is Louisville. And, as much as I love my Dawgs, we were decimated by injuries this week ... we will be lucky to beat Mizzou next week.

This year, the following could all be undefeated: Clemson/FSU, Alabama, OSU, OU, Louisville, Oregon/Stanford. That's a lot of teams that have a really good chance of being undefeated. I think Louisville is an absolute. OSU looks solid with only Michigan and probably NW again.

The problem that the ACC teams have is that they have each other, and also Miami who is playing well (for Clemson it would be in the CCG), and then games against USCe and UF, and the the CG (each other again, Miami or VaTech). Don't see either going through that undefeated.

OU will kill Tejas, but has @Baylor and @OKSU. I don't think they will go undefeated.

The Oregon\Stanford game looms big, and with UCLA playing well, the CG may mean more this year. Oregon has to play Washington that looked pretty good tonight, and the OrSU which is a grudge match. I still think Oregon could go undefeated more than Stanford. Washington owned the stats except the important one. But Oregon has @Wash, @Stanford, and UCLA in the next 4 weeks. That's tough sledding.

Bama seems to have a fairly easy road, with LSU at home, and then the SECCG against UGa or UF it looks like right now.

If college football is anything, it is crazy. But, I see at least 2 undefeateds this year, especially with Louisville in the picture. Until I saw Oregon's next 4 weeks, I was going to say Oregon v. OSU. Now, I am going to go with Louisville v. OSU which makes me want to throw up.

WHOA.... a Beaver sighting from the South...Gawd Damn go figure...:suds:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that will happen this year. SC just barely edged out Kentucky. Really?

USC is like that though. They'll find a way to line up all their ducks to beat a team like UGA, and then they'll squeak out a win over a team like Kentucky. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is like that though. They'll find a way to line up all their ducks to beat a team like UGA, and then they'll squeak out a win over a team like Kentucky. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah, the ACC is like that, too.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland could still help our SOS (provided the shellacking they took in Tallahassee doesn't completely deflate them), but Clemson has to win comfortably in games they're favored in, beat both FSU and SCar, and hope there's only one undefeated between the PAC and SEC. Unless the Big 12 has multiple 10+ win teams and the champ is 12-0, I don't see OSU or an undefeated Big 12 team getting in ahead of a 13-0 ACC team this year. FTR, Louisville would have to be the only undefeated team left to have a shot IMO.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both have a shot right now but if anybody has a chance out of the two it's Clemson.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spurriers just saving his mojo for the Clemson game; Clowney has already packed it in and the Old Ball Sack finally realizes he'll never win the conference. :whoo:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurriers just saving his mojo for the Clemson game; Clowney has already packed it in and the Old Ball Sack finally realizes he'll never win the conference. :whoo:

Yea, what's up with Clowney benching himself? I guess that question is probably in need of a thread unto itself, but ..... WTF?

And Beasley leads the country in sacks right now!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier said he don't need Clowney anyway. If Clowney is playing games, Spurrier is the wrong guy to be playing games with. Spurrier will tell you to go screw yourself in a heartbeat no matter how good you are.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm really liking FSU. I picked them and Georgia last year. Maybe I was a year premature, at least in the Noles case.

Keep on trucking and stomp Clemson!!! Will be tough on the road but I think they will do it with 2 weeks to prepare.

:suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 13-0 Clemson is more likely to be left out than a 13-0 FSU is....This only applies if there is a 13-0 PAC 12 & a 13-0 SEC team