• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Clemson or FSU make the title game?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 13-0 Clemson is more likely to be left out than a 13-0 FSU is....This only applies if there is a 13-0 PAC 12 & a 13-0 SEC team

Maybe so. I really don't think anyone is going undefeated in the pac this year. It really is much improved. I havent bothered looking at sos at all. I know if FSU wins @Clemson, @Florida and vs Miami, and then wins their CCG likely against VT they will have a very strong case even if Oregon or Stanford does sweep the pac. I think all of those big games for FSU that their opponents are all going to do well the rest of the way (other than vs FSU hopefully!) and all are going to end up being top 20 teams. Maybe not Florida as they really have a brutal road schedule left, but they are going to compete and may surprise us all.

I picked tOSU vs LSU for the BCS sham game, but if it comes down to an undefeated B1G team vs an undefeated ACC team I think the ACC gets in this year.

Which kind of sucks, because I really think tOSU is a great team in a relatively weak conference.

The change to the system is coming a year too late, well way too late actually but this year we might see more justified whining from those left out than ever before.

A lot of football left so we'll just have to wait and see.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 13-0 Clemson is more likely to be left out than a 13-0 FSU is....This only applies if there is a 13-0 PAC 12 & a 13-0 SEC team

Maybe so. I really don't think anyone is going undefeated in the pac this year. It really is much improved. I havent bothered looking at sos at all. I know if FSU wins @Clemson, @Florida and vs Miami, and then wins their CCG likely against VT they will have a very strong case even if Oregon or Stanford does sweep the pac. I think all of those big games for FSU that their opponents are all going to do well the rest of the way (other than vs FSU hopefully!) and all are going to end up being top 20 teams. Maybe not Florida as they really have a brutal road schedule left, but they are going to compete and may surprise us all.

I picked tOSU vs LSU for the BCS sham game, but if it comes down to an undefeated B1G team vs an undefeated ACC team I think the ACC gets in this year.

Which kind of sucks, because I really think tOSU is a great team in a relatively weak conference.

The change to the system is coming a year too late, well way too late actually but this year we might see more justified whining from those left out than ever before.

A lot of football left so we'll just have to wait and see.

If Clemson is 13-0, their resume would be even with or better than a 13-0 FSU with wins over UGA, FSU, SCar, and likely a top ten/fifteen VT or Miami in the ACCCG.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson is 13-0, their resume would be even with or better than a 13-0 FSU with wins over UGA, FSU, SCar, and likely a top ten/fifteen VT or Miami in the ACCCG.

Sure. Clemsons in the same boat. I just want FSU to do it! :suds:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Clemsons in the same boat. I just want FSU to do it! :suds:

I hear ya; honestly Miami should be thrown in too. If Clemson/FSU/Miami remain undefeated through the ACCCG, any of the three have a legit shot and resume to play in the national championship.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya; honestly Miami should be thrown in too. If Clemson/FSU/Miami remain undefeated through the ACCCG, any of the three have a legit shot and resume to play in the national championship.

I agree with the sentiment, but Miami is not in the same class with Clemson and FSU.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Miami still has some hurdles to overcome before they will be taken seriously in a NC discussion again.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment, but Miami is not in the same class with Clemson and FSU.

Oh wow how I hope EVERYBODY thinks this same thing!

Can you please go to FSU, Clemson , VT before the game and get this into thier heads?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow how I hope EVERYBODY thinks this same thing!

Can you please go to FSU, Clemson , VT before the game and get this into thier heads?

So you're already penciling the Canes and Tigers into the ACCCG?

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely not, never said that once. We have some huge ACC games remaining. You guys are the ones that have already penciled in FSU or Clemson as the ACC champ.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not, never said that once. We have some huge ACC games remaining. You guys are the ones that have already penciled in FSU or Clemson as the ACC champ.

I've penned that in for the Atlantic division. I wouldn't call the ACCCG just yet. Y'all are looking pretty froggy and so is Va. Tech (at least their D) so I wouldn't venture to call Us or FSU a winner just yet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Clowney is afraid he'll get hurt and he wants to get drafted high so he aint gonna play.

He's been watching Lebron too much. He's FLOPPING on SC. :laugh3:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've penned that in for the Atlantic division. I wouldn't call the ACCCG just yet. Y'all are looking pretty froggy and so is Va. Tech (at least their D) so I wouldn't venture to call Us or FSU a winner just yet.

Not sure who I want to win this conference yet. UNC sucks so I guess I don't care as long as whoever wins it goes to the Natty game and wins it!

It is just tobad that mathematics will not allow us to have 2 undefeated teams. (sigh) Everybody is bowl eligible this year so that is a good thing, I guess.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Yeah, Miami still has some hurdles to overcome before they will be taken seriously in a NC discussion again.

Everyone PLEASE keep thinking that.

I said it months ago, the Canes will sweep the State. Win in the ACCCG? Who knows.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling for an FSU v Clemson rematch in the BCS title game! :yahoo:

We've seen it before. No matter who loses when they play at the end of the year it will be a better loss than anyone else has!

Now we just need someone to beat tOSU. I think everyone in contention other than them and the winner of the FSU/Clemson game will lose at least one.

Think the shamsters behind the polls would exclude the SEC entirely for a scenario like this?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on the season so far, it seems both Clemson and FSU are more complete than VT and Miami. Will that change? Probably, but VT struggles to put points on the board, and Miami hasn't dominated any of the their games so far. Either way, I'm pretty confident that the Atlantic has the best chance of winning the ACC this year.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone PLEASE keep thinking that.

I said it months ago, the Canes will sweep the State. Win in the ACCCG? Who knows.

FSU actually has a QB though; if Florida did, would Miami have won that game?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Based on the season so far, it seems both Clemson and FSU are more complete than VT and Miami. Will that change? Probably, but VT struggles to put points on the board, and Miami hasn't dominated any of the their games so far. Either way, I'm pretty confident that the Atlantic has the best chance of winning the ACC this year.

????
A better statement would be we haven't played any tough teams yet. We have done pretty good in all our games of winning comfortably. Played badly and still won.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????
A better statement would be we haven't played any tough teams yet. We have done pretty good in all our games of winning comfortably. Played badly and still won.

I wouldn't call the wins against Florida and GT comfortable wins by any means... if y'all haven't played any tough teams and haven't played well yet, what makes you confident that you'll beat both VT and FSU?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't call the wins against Florida and GT comfortable wins by any means... if y'all haven't played any tough teams and haven't played well yet, what makes you confident that you'll beat both VT and FSU?

VT is horrible and call it a hunch on FSU. We have not played our best football yet.