• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 6 Teams (Week 12)

What is your top 6 teams for Week 12?

• Georgia

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Michigan

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Ohio State

• TCU

• Clemson

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • USC

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Oregon

• Utah

• UCF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at the resume for the top teams:

UNDEFEATED TEN WINS
Georgia - 5 wins against +.500 FBS opponents. All AQ competition. Best wins were against (8-2) Oregon by 46 and (9-1) Tennessee by 14.
Michigan - 4 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best win was against (8-2) Penn State by 24 points.
Ohio State - 4 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best wins were against (7-3) Notre Dame by 11 and (8-2) Penn State by 13. Won every game by at least 11 points.
TCU - 5 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best wins were against (7-3) Oklahoma State by 3 and Kansas State by 10.

NINE-AND-ONE CLUB
Clemson - 5 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best wins were against (7-3) NC State by 10 and FSU by 6. Solo loss to (7-3) Notre Dame by 21 points.
North Carolina - 3 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best win was (7-3) Duke by 3. Solo loss to (7-3) Notre Dame by 13 points.
Tennessee - 5 wins against +.500 FBS competition. All against AQ opponents. Their best wins were against (8-2) LSU by 27 and Alabama by 3. Solo loss to Georgia.
USC - 3 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best win was against (7-3) Oregon State by 3. Solo loss to (8-2) Utah by 1 point.

EIGHT-AND-TWO STILL ALIVE
LSU - 4 wins against +.500 FBS opponents. Best wins against (8-2) Ole Miss by 25 and Alabama by 1. Losses were to (7-3) FSU by 1 point and Tennessee.
Oregon - 2 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best win was against (8-2) UCLA by 15 points. Losses were to Georgia and (8-2) Washington by 3.
Utah- 4 wins against +.500 FBS competition. Their best wins were (7-3) Oregon State by 26 points and (9-1) USC. Losses were to (6-4) Florida by 3 and (8-2) UCLA by 10.
*All three teams have only one-loss within their conference.

Over the weekend, we saw Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State and TCU remain undefeated. Clemson, NC, Tenn and USC reached nine wins. Washington upset Oregon, handing them their first conference loss and second overall loss. Both Tulane and Liberty suffered their second loss of the season. (8-2) UCF got a resume booster for a NY6 bid with a win over Tulane.

Clemson and NC have already clinched their ACC division title. They will battle it out for the ACC crown. TCU will participate in the Big-12 championship and most likely have a rematch against K-State. Georgia and LSU will compete for the SEC crown. The Big-10 and Pac-12 participates are still undetermined.

Here are my three questions for you guys:

(1) What are your top 6 for this week?
(2) Our top 5 teams will most likely be Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee and TCU. But how do you assess that #6 team? #6 is the team I really want to know your opinion on.
(3) Who is going to win the pivotal Big-10 East showdown: Michigan or Ohio State? The winner punches their ticket to the Big-10 game.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Tennessee
5. TCU
6. Clemson

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Tennessee
5. TCU
6. Clemson
Why do you have Clemson at #6? I want to know people's views on the 6th team. Who do you feel is going to win the Michigan-Ohio State game?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ballot:
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. TCU
5. Tennessee
6. USC

My explanation:
Georgia had two monster wins against Oregon and Tennessee. No resume comes close to them.
Ohio State has beaten every team by double-digits and has two quality wins against Penn State and Notre Dame
Michigan and TCU are pretty even. TCU played the better schedule and has more quality wins. However, I think Michigan has been the more dominate team. They beat PSU by a larger margin than Ohio State.

Tennessee remains as the best 1-loss team in the country. I challenge you to find a better 1-loss team.

#6 came down to Clemson or USC. Very close call. USC's schedule has been very breezy up to this point. They beat Oregon State on the road by 3 points and lost to Utah by 1 point on the road. Clemson beat FSU and NC State, but lost to ND by 21 points. It will be interesting to see how well or badly the Trojans play against Notre Dame. The question comes down to me about faith. If we look at the two teams statistically, USC is averaging 42 points per game, Clemson 34 points per game. On defense, Clemson is giving up 21 points and USC 24 points. Very close call, but I am going with USC.

Ohio State vs. Michigan. I am going with the upset and say Wolverines. Two years in a row. Just a gut feeling.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia
t2. OSU - just look the most impressive among these 3.
t2. TCU - 2nd most good wins, but a couple were close wins
t2. Mich - big win over PSU very impressive but the tight game vs Maryland makes them look beatable.
5. Tennessee
6. LSU. Several good wins and the big win over Ole Miss very impressive and they have the least embarrassing losses.

PAC is overrated so no way I can rank any of them in my Top 6, cept maybe USC would be close for a lack of other teams.

ACC is possibly worse than the PAC. The same Notre Dame team that lost to a crappy Marshall team and a crappy Stanford team and who got crushed by tOSU and only beat Cali by 7, beat both Clemson and UNC. So no way any ACC team makes my Top 6 either, not even close. I'd put the winner of Clemson/UNC in a Top 8, maybe, behind PSU but maybe not?

Right now I would pick tOSU to beat Michigan but I would not be surprised at all if Michigan does a better job of doing what NW did vs OSU and makes it 2 in a row.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have Clemson at #6? I want to know people's views on the 6th team. Who do you feel is going to win the Michigan-Ohio State game?
I like Clemson, I like Dabo. My analysis before the season was they were a top 4 team who had a defense that had the talent to be Georgia level but it all hinged on their offense and DJ. They gave underperformed and they don't have a playoff team look to them IMO.
As far as The Game goes.....its going to be tough sledding in Columbus to beat that team, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe OSU has gotten tougher on the D line and can handle the bulldozer coming their way. As long as they can get some sort of pressure and not turn it over Michigan can and should win a tight game because of ball control and the clock

Last edited:

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC is overrated so no way I can rank any of them in my Top 6, cept maybe USC would be close for a lack of other teams.
My feeling here is that USC has the best projection, outside the 4 undefeated teams. If they can beat UCLA, Notre Dame, and win the Pac-12 championship, they should be in the top 4. And yes, I do agree with you about the Pac-12. That's why I have been hesitant to put them in the top 6. We got this impression of the Pac-12 being weak from how Florida was able to beat Utah and how badly Oregon competed against Georgia.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-GA
2-OSU
3-TCU
4-scUM
5-Tenn
6-USC
7-PSU
8-Clem
9-LSU
10-bama
11-NC
12-Utah
13-Wash.
14-Ole Miss.
15- ND

The Game: mich. hasn't been as dominating as the final score appears. at halftime of the majority of their games the scores haven't been impressive. and in a one, losing. Do that against an actual good team and it won't go well. this weekend against a terrible nebraska team it was only 14-3 at the end of the 2nd quarter, till they put a FG on the board with 1 sec. left. A good team is going to put some points on the board in the first half and limit them more. They'll be trying to dig out of a hole in the 2nd half. Every single B1G game half time score. What do you think a top 5 team is going to do to them by halftime?

HT scores:
Colo. St - 23-0. eh. bare minimum of what you should expect.
Haw - 42-0. what it should be.
Uconn - 38-0. what it should be.
Maryland - 17-13. weak as hell. final score: 34-27 - not impressive at all. PSU just shut them out 30-0
Iowa - 13-0. not impressive.
Ind. - 10-10. weak as hell. really?
PSU - 16-14. not impressive.
MSU - 13-7. not impressive. weak.
Rutgers - losing 14-17. weak as hell, not impressive.
Neb. - 17-3. not very impressive.

OSU wins. something like 38-27. Halftime score: 24-10

Aftermath of the Game:
Close loss: (7 pts or less) loser only drops 1-2 spots.
average loss: (10-14 pts) loser drops 4-5 spots
blowout loss: (20 pts or more) loser drops 8-9 spots.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling here is that USC has the best projection, outside the 4 undefeated teams. If they can beat UCLA, Notre Dame, and win the Pac-12 championship, they should be in the top 4.
Beating Notre Dame shouldn't be a big deal as the Irish lost to a crappy Marshall and a crappy Stanford and barely beat a crappy California and beating UCLA and the winner of Oregon/Utah should send them to the Rose Bowl, not the CFP. That should be reserved for teams who beat more than one good team and NO, Oregon State doesn't qualify.

Georgia is almost a guarantee no matter what happens in the SEC ccg, with only Georgia's seed depending on the result of that game.

Winner of OSU/Mich is two easy games away from being an automatic. TCU is an automatic if they win out. That leaves only one slot and their are several teams with better resumes than USC.
And yes, I do agree with you about the Pac-12. That's why I have been hesitant to put them in the top 6. We got this impression of the Pac-12 being weak from how Florida was able to beat Utah and how badly Oregon competed against Georgia.
I don't think most people let those two losses affect their impressions too long, instead they let wins over the overrated BYU, MSU, Notre Dame and Wisc skew their perception of the conference permanently. USC's being overrated helped Utah recover from their loss to Florida as well.

I'm not sure but I suspect that non SEC fans unconsciously want the PAC to be good as that would help prevent the SEC and/or the BIG from getting 2 teams into the CFP and would make bowl season more entertaining to watch in general?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Notre Dame shouldn't be a big deal as the Irish lost to a crappy Marshall and a crappy Stanford and barely beat a crappy California and beating UCLA and the winner of Oregon/Utah should send them to the Rose Bowl, not the CFP. That should be reserved for teams who beat more than one good team and NO, Oregon State doesn't qualify.

Georgia is almost a guarantee no matter what happens in the SEC ccg, with only Georgia's seed depending on the result of that game.

Winner of OSU/Mich is two easy games away from being an automatic. TCU is an automatic if they win out. That leaves only one slot and their are several teams with better resumes than USC.

I don't think most people let those two losses affect their impressions too long, instead they let wins over the overrated BYU, MSU, Notre Dame and Wisc skew their perception of the conference permanently. USC's being overrated helped Utah recover from their loss to Florida as well.

I'm not sure but I suspect that non SEC fans unconsciously want the PAC to be good as that would help prevent the SEC and/or the BIG from getting 2 teams into the CFP and would make bowl season more entertaining to watch in general?
If the Game is close, I think there is a real good argument to have the loser be #4.......

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia
2. Ohio St.
3. Michigan
4. TCU
5. Tennessee
6. USC

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total points so far:

1. Georgia (30 points)
2. Ohio State (25 points)
3. Michigan (18 points)
4. TCU (16 points)
5. Tennessee (11 points)
6. USC (3 points)
7. LSU & Clemson (1 point)

We all agree with Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, TCU and Tennessee being in the top 5 (some have a different order), but that 6th seed we have USC, LSU and Clemson.

What does Tennessee, USC, LSU and Clemson have to do to get into the top 4?

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Game: mich. hasn't been as dominating as the final score appears. at halftime of the majority of their games the scores haven't been impressive. and in a one, losing. Do that against an actual good team and it won't go well. this weekend against a terrible nebraska team it was only 14-3 at the end of the 2nd quarter, till they put a FG on the board with 1 sec. left. A good team is going to put some points on the board in the first half and limit them more. They'll be trying to dig out of a hole in the 2nd half. Every single B1G game half time score. What do you think a top 5 team is going to do to them by halftime?

Wasn't OSU losing 2 games at halftime and tied at halftime in another?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to submit a ballot? The point of the thread is to submit your top 6 and have a discussion.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. spare me. Go compare half time scores, OSU was dominating. not even remotely comparable.

yes, ND 7-10 at the half to #5.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the current CFP rankings
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Michigan
4 TCU
5 Tennessee
6 LSU
7 USC
8 Alabama
9 Clemson

Imagine the fun if...
1) Michigan loses to OSU
2) TCU loses to Baylor or in the CCG
3) USC loses to ND or UCLA or CCG
4) UGa loses to LSU in CCG.

Now, the only undefeated team would be OSU followed by (in SOME order)
Georgia 12-1 with 5 Top 25 opp and 2 Top 2 opp (lost CCG)
Michigan 11-1 with 2 Top 25 opp and 2 Top 10 opp (lost last game and no CCG)
TCU 12-1 with 3 or 4 Top 25 opp and 0 Top 10 opp (lost last game or CCG)
Tennessee 11-1 with 4 Top 25 opp and 3 Top 10 opp (won last games)
LSU 11-2 with 7 Top 25 opp and 3 Top 10 opp (won CCG)
USC/Utah/Oregon 11-2 with at best 3 Top 25 opp and 0 Top 10 opp (whoever wins will knock other team out of Top 10)
Alabama 10-2 with 5 Top 25 opp and 2 Top 10 opp
Clemson 12-1 with 3 Top 25 opp and 0 Top 10 opp

Let the fireworks begin!!

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the current CFP rankings
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Michigan
4 TCU
5 Tennessee
6 LSU
7 USC
8 Alabama
9 Clemson

Let the fireworks begin!!
I would argue that Clemson should be ranked ahead of LSU. I say this for a few reasons. First and foremost, the common opponents. LSU lost to FSU. Clemson beat FSU and on the road. LSU has two losses and Clemson only has one. Also, you a 27-point loss vs. a 21-point loss. LSU was playing at home against Tennessee. Clemson was playing on the road. To me, Clemson should be 6th or 7th on the list. I am giving USC the higher ranking due to their ceiling being higher.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im an SEC guy, meaning my team is in the SEC. Im not sure why the SEC is getting all of the flowers again this year. I could see it in years past but it really is a down year for the conference. Top heavy - yes. Dont get me wrong here - UGA is amazing but why does SEC have to have 2.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im an SEC guy, meaning my team is in the SEC. Im not sure why the SEC is getting all of the flowers again this year. I could see it in years past but it really is a down year for the conference. Top heavy - yes. Dont get me wrong here - UGA is amazing but why does SEC have to have 2.
Well, Tenn got a win over a pretty highly regarded Pitt team, and it was only by 1 pt, but Bama's win over Texas was still a win, and Ole Miss throttled Georgia Tech, not a good team, but they are also not a horrible team, and GT's beating Pitt is possibly the main reason why Pitt isn't still highly regarded right now.

This may not seem like an amazing resume for a conf, but when you compare it to the Pac or the ACC's ooc resume, it's more impressive. Combine this with Georgia's totally throttling Oregon and Georgia not beating most SEC teams in similar fashion and it makes the SEC as a whole look like it's usual top Conf self. Yes, you are right, it's a little more top heavy this year as compared to years past, so it may not get as many into bowl games or it may not win a ton of bowl games, but it will do well in the games that matter. I see Georgia beating OSU, but OSU will keep it close. Tenn will probably win it's NY6 bowl game as well, but it depends of course on who they get matched up against.

Sure the SEC has highly rated teams, but they only have 5 in the Top 25, they usually have more. That's what happens when they get top heavy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just hard for me to put in a conference non champ over a conference champ with equal losses.

To me Oregon was set. Beat Wash , Beat Utah, Beat Oreg. St , Beat USc in the champ game. Of course they screwed that up. So now i look at USC. If they beat UCLA , ND , and Utah/ Oregon winner in championship - they should go.

Just my opinion