• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks are looking to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts at draft night.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... lets see then... if Snell and I lyasova are removed the Bucks are ONLY left with Hill, DDV, Brown, Conn, Mirotic & DJ Wilson coming from bench... correct? + another 4 roster spots to fill correct? LOL... that's not the deepest roster in the league! ...it's the deepest in the universe!
Not the universe. The Monstarrs are way deeper

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, that can't be correct. JR Smith's contract has to be waived before July 1st to have value, otherwise it's guaranteed. As far as the value of JR Smith's contract, that isn't exactly your prediction alone, but common knowledge.
JR Smith's contract becomes guaranteed after July the 2nd.
It is valuable for the few teams that can add a valuable player on it (like Mirotic, or like Bledsoe) and drug an All Star out of a team that wants to save some 20M of cap space as to avoid paying lux tax + repeaters tax... It has no value for other teams... Certainly not for Charlotte...

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the news... it's this draft night, with this pick... That is besides Snell and I lyasova NOT being bad contracts for some teams...
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks will have 80M to spend if they can achieve to dumb Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts... Plenty to resign all and even have some 15M for more...

If it is with the Cavs however and the Bucks will buy the rights of JR Smith's contract, it will then mean that they can attach JR Smith's contract to Mirotic or Bledsoe and land another All Star to the roster.

Ok.

But what are the Bucks giving the Cavs for that contract swap?

Because Smith's contract has some value. The 2 Bucks listed are negatives.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

But what are the Bucks giving the Cavs for that contract swap?

Because Smith's contract has some value. The 2 Bucks listed are negatives.

Even if the Cavs were to take those two horrible contracts...which really isn't crazy they have nothing to offer. Nobody wants the fucking 30th pick or a future late round pick lolzzz

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon man.

You don't think the Cavs give all of Culver/Hunter's minutes to Tony Snell?

Make sense to me.

Snell could someday develop into a guy who averages 10 points a game for a bad team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason why the Cavs are now doing it... So that you have the max possible capital to work with, when your time comes...

Point is,

To stay above the cap floor you do it by overpaying somebody on a 1 year deal.

Like the 6ers did with Reddick.

That is the play.

Preserve future cap space and get a useful player.

You don't sign replacement level guys to multiyear deals for $12 million per.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not prediction stupid... it's all over the news... just google it.

Prediction is that the Bucks will be upgrating the roster further this season which I've said from day~1 here....

Prediction of mine also was that the Bucks will concentrate to move Snell and Ilyasova this season...

Another prediction of mine is that JR Smith's contract will prove to be very valuable this season.
JR's contract "very valuable" but the Cavs will unload it for Snell and Ilyasova?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is,

To stay above the cap floor you do it by overpaying somebody on a 1 year deal.

Like the 6ers did with Reddick.

That is the play.

Preserve future cap space and get a useful player.

You don't sign replacement level guys to multiyear deals for $12 million per.
This isn't the point...it never was the point...

You stay near and just under the lux tax roof even if you have to sign bad contracts, because then, you expand the capital you work with, even if it means stretching one or more (depending on how much cash you want to create) out of the contracts you have expendable... But usually it's a pre~planed process, where you are careful to have your expirings coincide with your contract renewals...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the point...it never was the point...

You stay near and just under the lux tax roof even if you have to sign bad contracts, because then, you expand the capital you work with, even if it means stretching one or more (depending on how much cash you want to create) out of the contracts you have expendable... But usually it's a pre~planed process, where you are careful to have your expirings coincide with your contract renewals...

LOL.

Teams that are worried about the cap floor are not also worried about luxury tax.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was just awesome. It delivered on so many levels.

Not sure what my favorite part was. Maybe it was "JR Smith is a valuable asset but the Cavs will trade it away to get 2 thoroughly replaceable players on bloated contracts". Or maybe it was "Ilyasova and Snell are assets that other teams covet". Or maybe it was "the Bucks will have 80 million in cap space".

So many choices.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR's contract "very valuable" but the Cavs will unload it for Snell and Ilyasova?
+ a first... Do you have a better suggestion? I'm all ears if you do... and of course don't repeat that foolish "analysts" I was reading on web the other day, who were suggesting the ...Hornets(!!!) as a possible shopper of Smith's contract... because it simply ain't happenning!

For one to take Smith's contract, he must be certain that that Kemba (in the case of the Hornets) resigns... what if he doesn't?

In other words, for the Hornets to give Bayombo and their pick to the Cavs, they would only if Kemba had already resigned... Same with the Heat!

The truth is that JR Smith's contract, is only valuable for teams that have a deal already agreed with another team that wants to dumb a significant amount of sallary... or it has no value at all...Therefore if the Bucks will trade for Smith, it will mean they have another deal already agreed or they won't take Smith if they don't...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has 1M guaranteed in his contract... Yes, he would accept a Vet. Min to stay... but the Bucks will pay him more... Some 3/4M I guess...

You'll heart your head if you keep smacking it like that... Better check before you post having all the wrong conclusions in your mind...

Hill won't get more than 5~6 M if he hits free agency, but he prefers to stay with the Bucks even if it is for a VetMin.

Guess it depends if he's all business and can accept to sign to the team that cost him 14 million

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ a first... Do you have a better suggestion? I'm all ears if you do... and of course don't repeat that foolish "analysts" I was reading on web the other day, who were suggesting the ...Hornets(!!!) as a possible shopper of Smith's contract... because it simply ain't happenning!

For one to take Smith's contract, he must be certain that that Kemba (in the case of the Hornets) resigns... what if he doesn't?

In other words, for the Hornets to give Bayombo and their pick to the Cavs, they would only if Kemba had already resigned... Same with the Heat!

The truth is that JR Smith's contract, is only valuable for teams that have a deal already agreed with another team that wants to dumb a significant amount of sallary... or it has no value at all...Therefore if the Bucks will trade for Smith, it will mean they have another deal already agreed or they won't take Smith if they don't...

Yes almost any other option. The Cavs can do better than a 30th overall pick hahahaha that isn't appealing at all.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was just awesome. It delivered on so many levels.

Not sure what my favorite part was. Maybe it was "JR Smith is a valuable asset but the Cavs will trade it away to get 2 thoroughly replaceable players on bloated contracts". Or maybe it was "Ilyasova and Snell are assets that other teams covet". Or maybe it was "the Bucks will have 80 million in cap space".

So many choices.
The Bucks have 62M in cap space available right now and it rises to 80M if they can dumb Snell's and Ilyasova's salary... What'syou problem with this?

...all the rest you mention, are also explained if you bother to look... JRSmith's contract only has (excellent) value for some (few) teams... for the Cavs it only has value if used by a third team...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes almost any other option. The Cavs can do better than a 30th overall pick hahahaha that isn't appealing at all.

I'm not really sure what the Cavs could realistically get for Smith. That 30th pick has value but not if they are going to be stuck with 2 bad contracts for a couple of years.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a better suggestion and you quote on a post that requires to provide one, it means that you know better and can provide the alternative.... Otherwise SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH UP! ...stupid troll!