• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks are looking to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts at draft night.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks have 62M in cap space available right now and it rises to 80M if they can dumb Snell's and Ilyasova's salary... What'syou problem with this?

...all the rest you mention, are also explained if you bother to look... JRSmith's contract only has (excellent) value for some (few) teams... for the Cavs it only has value if used by a third team...

Milwaukee Bucks 2019-20 Salary Cap

Bucks have $3M in cap space, but $30M in cap holds. If the Bucks dump Hill's contract and Middleton leaves, they can have as much as $40M in cap space. However, you have to figure that they DON'T dump the cap holds of at least Brogdon and Lopez (if they intend to keep them as you have indicated). Gasol's $1.6M cap hold is worth keeping as well, and I'm not sure what Middleton's cap hold would be once he opts out of his final year, but it's likely in the $20M range. In other words, we're right back up to $30M in cap holds, even after renouncing George Hill's remaining year and Mirotic's cap hold. Up to $10M to work with until players start getting re-signed, at which point the cap space quickly vanishes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell on these prognostications by our Greek newcomer. I don't think he'll be happy with the results, but even then the Bucks will still be a top contender (unless for some unknown reason they don't bring players back).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell on these prognostications by our Greek newcomer. I don't think he'll be happy with the results, but even then the Bucks will still be a top contender (unless for some unknown reason they don't bring players back).

Seems like an over-reaction after what happened in the playoffs.
Though, it's crazy what is happening right now with Boston.
And the Sixers could very well be losing their key FA.

This draft could be all over the place with trades, sign and trades, and zaniness.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ a first... Do you have a better suggestion? I'm all ears if you do... and of course don't repeat that foolish "analysts" I was reading on web the other day, who were suggesting the ...Hornets(!!!) as a possible shopper of Smith's contract... because it simply ain't happenning!

For one to take Smith's contract, he must be certain that that Kemba (in the case of the Hornets) resigns... what if he doesn't?

In other words, for the Hornets to give Bayombo and their pick to the Cavs, they would only if Kemba had already resigned... Same with the Heat!

The truth is that JR Smith's contract, is only valuable for teams that have a deal already agreed with another team that wants to dumb a significant amount of sallary... or it has no value at all...Therefore if the Bucks will trade for Smith, it will mean they have another deal already agreed or they won't take Smith if they don't...
Posts like these are why I hope you are never given the boot. Free comedy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was just awesome. It delivered on so many levels.

Not sure what my favorite part was. Maybe it was "JR Smith is a valuable asset but the Cavs will trade it away to get 2 thoroughly replaceable players on bloated contracts". Or maybe it was "Ilyasova and Snell are assets that other teams covet". Or maybe it was "the Bucks will have 80 million in cap space".

So many choices.
And a reason anyone trying to get this guy removed should be removed himself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks have 62M in cap space available right now and it rises to 80M if they can dumb Snell's and Ilyasova's salary... What'syou problem with this?

...all the rest you mention, are also explained if you bother to look... JRSmith's contract only has (excellent) value for some (few) teams... for the Cavs it only has value if used by a third team...
Payroll at 94 mil without Middleton. You think the cap is $150 mil+?

Milwaukee Bucks Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a better suggestion and you quote on a post that requires to provide one, it means that you know better and can provide the alternative.... Otherwise SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH UP! ...stupid troll!
OK, @ChiefsLakers67 I should not have said you had a meltdown.

THAT is a meltdown.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right.

He is worse.

Osman is young and Cleveland wants to develop him a bit.

Snell has 0 upside.
I do think that's what he meant (Snell is better than Osman) but was putting out hope "he ain't Osman" meant he's not as good as Osman but is still serviceable for his sake.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

Well,

You have proven yourself to be stupid time and again.

So I take it as a compliment that a stupid person calls me stupid. That is like some kind of double negative.

And Osman is 23. There is some realistic possibility he continues to improve. What is your excuse for Snell?
This is nuts. Clearly Snell is a borderline star and the only reason he sat nearly all of the playoffs was the Bucks were worried he would suffer an injury and lose his massive trade appeal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you take a timeout and get your emotions in check? You just argue with anyone that doesn't agree with you. Calling folks stupid is childish in my opinion.
Even worse after the comments he makes.

Reactions: GNG

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a reason anyone trying to get this guy removed should be removed himself.

I never understand why people want to ban people like that.

The only people that should be banned are people that are clearly only interested in disrupting discussions.

He may be a goof but he at least talks basketball.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand why people want to ban people like that.

The only people that should be banned are people that are clearly only interested in disrupting discussions.

He may be a goof but he at least talks basketball.

I would have had an issue with this had you said, "debates".......
:D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty clear you meet all kinds on the internet...

course, some seem to communicate from a sanitarium,,,
Even in our little spat while I disagree with what you said it was not kooky talk like some of this has been.

But as I noted.....free comedy.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payroll at 94 mil without Middleton. You think the cap is $150 mil+?

Milwaukee Bucks Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com
Payroll is at 103.5M (107M~ 3.5M of Teletovic) but that includes the PO of Middleton and Hill's non garanteed contract + 1.5M non guarranteed on Connaughton (total of 33M).
It therefore is 70.5M before free agents are resigned and can drop down to 52M if the conctracts of Snell and Ilyasova are removed, thus leaving not a penny less than 80M for the Bucks to work with in this off season's free agency (provided it includes some exeptions the Bucks previous contracts carry).

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payroll is at 103.5M (107M~ 3.5M of Teletovic) but that includes the PO of Middleton and Hill's non garanteed contract + 1.5M non guarranteed on Connaughton (total of 33M).
It therefore is 70.5M before free agents are resigned and can drop down to 52M if the conctracts of Snell and Ilyasova are removed, thus leaving not a penny less than 80M for the Bucks to resign all their free agents and sign contracts out of free agency.
someone is taking Snell/Ilyasova and not giving any money back?

Please never change....ya gotta love this forum, etc.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone is taking Snell/Ilyasova and not giving any money back?

Please never change....ya gotta love this forum, etc.

@buckalis is in no way representative of "this forum"

He is an outlier in every sense