• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks are looking to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts at draft night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay the Brogdon deal at 20m per if that's what it needs to be. I wouldn't pay the 5 year 191m for Middleton...if somebody wants to pay that 4/150 for him...good for them...but I just don't see the value at $38m per year...that is just to much for the 2nd banana...

As stated above, I'd pay that happily vs Middleton's max...gleefully

Either way, neither of those deals seem all that "team friendly" to me...what about y'all?

Here is the problem though.

You develop a good young core, then you got to pay to keep them.

Middelton isn't necessarily worth 38 million a year, but unless the Bucks use that money to sign somebody better (unlikely) they are almost obligated to pay it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a terrific player. Great defender also.

But that is too much for me. Also don't think the Bulls have the cap space to make that offer.

Brogdon is a role player. One of the very best player role players in the NBA, but it is hard to build a winning roster with that much money tied up on role players (unless you are already there, like the Bucks are).

Just to be clear, my point isn't that he is or is not worth that contract. My point is that it is possible that some team might offer the max contract.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, my point isn't that he is or is not worth that contract. My point is that it is possible that some team might offer the max contract.
IF he will ever enter free agency that is... But will he?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he will ever enter free agency that is... But will he?

They only way he won't enter FA is if he gets a contract offer from the Bucks that he can't say no to.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only way he won't enter FA is if he gets a contract offer from the Bucks that he can't say no to.
The only way he doesn't enter free agency, is if he is offered a contract from the Bucks and signs it...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a terrific player. Great defender also.

But that is too much for me. Also don't think the Bulls have the cap space to make that offer.

Brogdon is a role player. One of the very best player role players in the NBA, but it is hard to build a winning roster with that much money tied up on role players (unless you are already there, like the Bucks are).
Only disagreement is you can win with a signing like that if it's his original team signing him as they are over the cap and have no other options looking to remain a contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only disagreement is you can win with a signing like that if it's his original team signing him as they are over the cap and have no other options looking to remain a contender.

I agree totally.

The Bucks already have a winning roster, so resigning him is worth it.

My comment is more directed at teams overpaying a player like Brogdon to try to get him away from the Bucks.

Because make no mistake. To get an RFA that the original team wants to keep, the other team has to overpay him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally.

The Bucks already have a winning roster, so resigning him is worth it.

My comment is more directed at teams overpaying a player like Brogdon to try to get him away from the Bucks.

Because make no mistake. To get an RFA that the original team wants to keep, the other team has to overpay him.
Yep...this is often how teams get in trouble with bad contracts.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thannasis Antetokounmpo joining the Bucks next to his bro Giannis, strongly suggests that Pat Connaughton or (less likely) Sterling Brown will be packed with Leure and will be traded this season.

Thannasis is more athletic than Connaughton (yes, there are players that are more athletic than super~Pat) and taller, with significantly wider wingspan too... a superb defender with excellent foot work and a guard that can play ...above the rim!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not prediction stupid... it's all over the news... just google it.

Prediction is that the Bucks will be upgrating the roster further this season which I've said from day~1 here....

Prediction of mine also was that the Bucks will concentrate to move Snell and Ilyasova this season...

Another prediction of mine is that JR Smith's contract will prove to be very valuable this season.

Swing and a miss...twice. That very valuable JR Smith contract was just waived.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swing and a miss...twice. That very valuable JR Smith contract was just waived.

It did... because the Cavs proved to be greedy and stupid! They payed JR Smith an extra 0.5K to extend the trade period for another two weeks, thinking that they could get back what they were looking for... How stupid of them to not get back what the Bucks had to offer...

It really proves you an A-hole and an idiot calling that "hit and miss", since it was the Cavs that ended up with their pants down...

The Bucks did tried to convince them what the best for them would be during draft night...