• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks are looking to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts at draft night.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was a good move by the bucks because it gets snell of their cap next year. It saves them about 12-13M next year

but it only saves them about 2M this year. Thats good value for the 30th pick in this particular draft.
Snell's contract for next season, was far more important than dumping Ilyasova's salary this season, simply because the Bucks have now created huge cap space as to extend Giannis...
In fact, the Bucks may not want to move Ilyasova anymore this season, but keep him and play him as a back up "big" in the rotation as they did last season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell has to be better than Bruce Brown at least. I will give him that.

He will get a decent amount of minutes in all likelihood sadly enough.

Basically replacing Bullock and some of Browns minutes (who is a good defender but horrible player offensively)

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now taking applications for person to respond to every@buckalis with one of these gif. If anyone has others to add to this list please, please let me know

giphy.gif

tumblr_o3oipnqiZR1qzpn6vo2_540.gif

giphy.gif

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting to see if the Pistons can move Reggie Jackson's expiring with a few teams possibly looking for a PG.

Would almost rather they try to move him and roll the dice with Ish Smith and draft a PG at 15

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Pistons overpaying for Snell and a pick. Not this year at $4M, but maybe next year if he is still around and doesn't contribute more than he did at the Bucks. But it is likely that he will contribute more as the the Pistons have been desperate for a consistant outside shooter to go along with their big men, Griffin and Drummond. Leuer became expendable when he did not come back from injury and play well and the Pistons picked up Maker from the Bucks last year.

Both teams did well. Bucks dumped a contract they didn't want and the Pistons picked up a needed piece for a piece they didn't need and a draft pick. The draft pick at #30 is of little value unless they get lucky, but they may be able to bundle their two first rounders and move up, then it could be big win.

Pretty much this.

For all the flack Snell has got he would definitely get more minutes with Detroit

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more than just the draft pick, though it is mostly that. have you looked at the Pistons shooters? I think that Snell will play more minutes than you might suspect if he can hit those 3's; the Pistons are desperate for a warm body that can make an open shot. Blake and Andre get doubled a lot.

I'm sorry man but if you think Snell is going to serve more than a bench role than I don't know what to say. You can find shooters off the bench for less than this. Like I said, decent player off the bench but they did for the pick. Does it really matter? Pistons are swapping bad players (took one more year with Snell) for draft picks bc they know they won't contend for the next 2 years. It's what the Cavs are doing, it's smart. I wouldn't count on Snell playing meaningful minutes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this.

For all the flack Snell has got he would definitely get more minutes with Detroit

Well that is kinda difficult to do when he basically didn't play in MIL the last year lol. He will serve a bench player role with limited minutes but without that draft pick attached the Pistons aren't making this move.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry man but if you think Snell is going to serve more than a bench role than I don't know what to say. You can find shooters off the bench for less than this. Like I said, decent player off the bench but they did for the pick. Does it really matter? Pistons are swapping bad players (took one more year with Snell) for draft picks bc they know they won't contend for the next 2 years. It's what the Cavs are doing, it's smart. I wouldn't count on Snell playing meaningful minutes.

They started Bruce Brown 56 times. He was the worst offensive player in the league with that many starts

Snell is no doubt a below average SG but he's not the worst in the league at least lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is kinda difficult to do when he basically didn't play in MIL the last year lol. He will serve a bench player role with limited minutes but without that draft pick attached the Pistons aren't making this move.

Well yea the pick definitely is the deciding factor

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said that the Bucks would be interested on buying Smith, only if the had a major trade preagreed and locked coming up until the 1st if July...

Now the Bucks have shed the entire 12.5M of Snell's 20/21 salary off their books and have additionally shed 2.5M off this season.

Luere and Ilyasova add up to 16.5M of expiring salaries for this season (Ilyasova's 3rd season isn't guaranteed) which makes them perfect "salary fillers" if used on another (or two) trade(s) at anytime and not necessarily until the 1st of July, as it would be the case if they would buy JR Smith...

It rather means that the Pistons value Snell quite more than you think if they've invested on him while over the cap... doesn't it?
Please never ban this guy.....ever.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you are dense.

Leuer has absolutely zero production value on the court. Snell maybe has a little.

The Bucks had to give Detroit a 1st round draft pick for Detroit to take Snell in exchange for a guy who has appeared in 49 games and averaged about 4 points and 2 rebounds over the last 2 seasons and is clearly a worse player than Snell.

Detroit does not "value Snell". They offloaded an inconsequential player with an expiring deal and basically bought a draft pick by being willing to take on Snell's deal.

Now, you might see Detroit make a similar move next summer where they trade Snell for another longer term bad contract and add another asset.

This is how NBA trades works. A player's trade value completely depends on their contract. Snell has negative value and this deal is definitive proof.
Problem is you made this post filled with facts as though he might actually say, "wow...didn't know this. Thanks for filling me in and helping me learn something."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons didn't buy Snell to trade him... It therefore looked good value for them adding 14M in their books (Snell + the pick's salary) for strengthening their roster up.

Now what they do next season with Snell, that's a completely different subject... They'll trade him if they can end up even better, or keep him and extend him (most probably for less than he now makes) depending on Snell's contribution to their roster, this season!
I played about as much as Snell in ECF. He's not even a dime a dozen player.

Pistons bought a pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part is how the Pistons have "invested" in Snell.
so much to choose from. If we go to beginning of all things Snell it might be how OKC was gonna ask for him in a deal for PG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For buying Snell + the 30th pick, the Pistons have added 4M in their books for this season and 14.5M for next season...

A total cost of 18.5M that the Bucks have shed over this and the next season until now (before they make further use of Leure's contract).
I think the deal makes sense for the Bucks. No doubt......but you had dreams of Snell being used in order to get PG13.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Buck is the type of poster who is never going to admit he is wrong no matter what happens.

Hell, it took him like a week to admit he was wrong but on AD, and even then it was with qualifiers.

"Well, how am I supposed to predict the Lakers would overpay by that much?"

Can't reason with this dude.
He goes beyond the irrational of most.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the deal makes sense for the Bucks. No doubt......but you had dreams of Snell being used in order to get PG13.

Not one person would be talking about this deal if he wouldn't have blown Snell's contract out of proportion. Either way this deal was done bc the Pistons are not afraid to take a bad contract and take that extra year and they want another draft pick to get a young player that could potentially help them in the future.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one person would be talking about this deal if he wouldn't have blown Snell's contract out of proportion. Either way this deal was done bc the Pistons are not afraid to take a bad contract and take that extra year and they want another draft pick to get a young player that could potentially help them in the future.
Yup. As you said earlier, this trade doesn't get done without the pick. And they keep their fingers crossed that Snell can add some shooting off the bench.