• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks are looking to dump Snell's and Ilyasova's contracts at draft night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Detroit paid 12-14M for the 30th pick.
pretty much...well, and the difference between Leuer and Snell whatever you value that at.

That deal gave Milwaukee only about 2M in cap relief this year. Next year it gives them about 12-13.........

I guess important to get it off.

But Detroit doesnt make a lot of sense to me.....you could buy a 2nd rounder for like 2-3 millio nat MOST....and not move back too much farther.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much...well, and the difference between Leuer and Snell whatever you value that at.

That deal gave Milwaukee only about 2M in cap relief this year. Next year it gives them about 12-13.........

I guess important to get it off.

But Detroit doesnt make a lot of sense to me.....you could buy a 2nd rounder for like 2-3 millio nat MOST....and not move back too much farther.

Could be an Okeke or Porter gamble if either of them slips to the 2nd round.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the topic of this thread is Snell and Ilyasova

Second, this isn't a matter of opinion. You clearly have no understanding of how NBA economics work and how players are valued. Yet, you try to come on here and insult everybody else calling us stupid, when all we are doing is correcting your blatantly obvious mistakes.

There is no gray area here. This trade proves exactly what we have all been saying about Snell all summer.

Snell is very clearly a better and more useful NBA player than Jon Leuer.

Yet, the Bucks were the ones giving the pick in this deal. Not the Pistons.

There is only one logical conclusion to be made regarding Snell's trade value, and that is that he cost the Bucks an asset to get rid of him because he is a bad contract.

And there is no other legitimate argument to be made on this subject.
Still the subject of this thread is not snell (or ilyasovs for that matter) but the Bucks cap space status with respect to getting rid of the least valuable players out of their (extremely deep and all valuable) roster and improve the team further.

...and still I don't give a dime what you think on Snell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the subject of this thread is not snell (or ilyasovs for that matter) but the Bucks cap space status with respect to getting rid of the least valuable players out of their (extremely deep and all valuable) roster and improve the team further.

i think it was a good move by the bucks because it gets snell of their cap next year. It saves them about 12-13M next year

but it only saves them about 2M this year. Thats good value for the 30th pick in this particular draft.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For buying Snell + the 30th pick, the Pistons have added 4M in their books for this season and 14.5M for next season...

A total cost of 18.5M that the Bucks have shed over this and the next season until now (before they make further use of Leure's contract).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is what you don't get.

It isn't what I think.

It is how we all told you the NBA market would value him.

We were right and you were wrong.

Take your L like a man.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Pistons overpaying for Snell and a pick. Not this year at $4M, but maybe next year if he is still around and doesn't contribute more than he did at the Bucks. But it is likely that he will contribute more as the the Pistons have been desperate for a consistant outside shooter to go along with their big men, Griffin and Drummond. Leuer became expendable when he did not come back from injury and play well and the Pistons picked up Maker from the Bucks last year.

Both teams did well. Bucks dumped a contract they didn't want and the Pistons picked up a needed piece for a piece they didn't need and a draft pick. The draft pick at #30 is of little value unless they get lucky, but they may be able to bundle their two first rounders and move up, then it could be big win.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what you don't get.

It isn't what I think.

It is how we all told you the NBA market would value him.

We were right and you were wrong.

Take your L like a man.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE AN OPINION NO MATTER HOW DIFFERENT TO MINE IT CAN BE...

But it is a disburbed mans tactics to all common sense, if you insist on it all over the place on multiple posts where you mention nothing new...

Therefore the more you do, the more disturbed you prove your self...

It's what your shrink will confirm to you if you ask him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE AN OPINION NO MATTER HOW DIFFERENT TO MINE IT CAN BE...

But it is a disburbed mans tactics to all common sense, if you insist on it all over the place on multiple posts where you mention nothing new...

Therefore the more you do, the more disturbed you prove your self...

It's what your shrink will confirm to you if you ask him.

That is all you have?

After weeks of calling people names who disagree with your delusional homer takes on Snell?

All you can say is that we have a difference of opinion on Snell's value?

Well guess what?

The Bucks, the Pistons and the GMs of the other 28 teams clearly agree with mine. Otherwise, Milwaukee would have received an asset for Snell after days of shopping him. Instead they had to give an asset.

If you would remove your head from your hindquarters and actually go back and review all of the posts on this topic objectively there is only 1 conclusion to make.

But keep it up if you must. Being able to admit when you are wrong is a sign of character. Right now I am questioning yours.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For buying Snell + the 30th pick, the Pistons have added 4M in their books for this season and 14.5M for next season...

A total cost of 18.5M that the Bucks have shed over this and the next season until now (before they make further use of Leure's contract).

It still doesn't help them this year much at all AND they included the draft pick, this is a move mainly for NEXT year so again your opinion on Snell and his contract was wrong, way off actually AND they didn't clear much cap space at all this year LOL. Double whammy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Pistons overpaying for Snell and a pick. Not this year at $4M, but maybe next year if he is still around and doesn't contribute more than he did at the Bucks. But it is likely that he will contribute more as the the Pistons have been desperate for a consistant outside shooter to go along with their big men, Griffin and Drummond. Leuer became expendable when he did not come back from injury and play well and the Pistons picked up Maker from the Bucks last year.

Both teams did well. Bucks dumped a contract they didn't want and the Pistons picked up a needed piece for a piece they didn't need and a draft pick. The draft pick at #30 is of little value unless they get lucky, but they may be able to bundle their two first rounders and move up, then it could be big win.

It is only good for the Pistons bc of the fact the Bucks gave them that draft pick that who knows could turn into a nice rotational player. If Snell does contribute, wouldn't count on it, he will play limited minutes. This was ALL about the draft pick though and taking a bad contract the next two years.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only good for the Pistons bc of the fact the Bucks gave them that draft pick that who knows could turn into a nice rotational player. If Snell does contribute, wouldn't count on it, he will play limited minutes. This was ALL about the draft pick though and taking a bad contract the next two years.
I think it is more than just the draft pick, though it is mostly that. have you looked at the Pistons shooters? I think that Snell will play more minutes than you might suspect if he can hit those 3's; the Pistons are desperate for a warm body that can make an open shot. Blake and Andre get doubled a lot.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both teams did well. Bucks dumped a contract they didn't want and the Pistons picked up a needed piece for a piece they didn't need and a draft pick. The draft pick at #30 is of little value unless they get lucky, but they may be able to bundle their two first rounderes and move up, then it could be big win.

Absolutely agree...

If one thinks about it, Jon Horst and the Bucks FO has done a tremendous job after they took over from the previous managing leadership, to cash the picks that they correctly predicted to be under no 28 for the following years and expell all contracts that were the less valuables to the team, starting from the 15th in value and moving up...

Monroe , Parker, Dellavedova, Maker and now Snell are all gone from the Bucks and Bledsoe, Hill, Mirotic, Lopez and Connaughton have been added...

Now the least valuable contracts on Leure and Ilyasova lie at the bottom of the roster and are both expiring which locks a bright financial future for the team, which will secure a future sustainable and upgradeable roster, even after Giannis resigns!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still doesn't help them this year much at all AND they included the draft pick, this is a move mainly for NEXT year so again your opinion on Snell and his contract was wrong, way off actually AND they didn't clear much cap space at all this year LOL. Double whammy.

I have a feeling Buck is the type of poster who is never going to admit he is wrong no matter what happens.

Hell, it took him like a week to admit he was wrong but on AD, and even then it was with qualifiers.

"Well, how am I supposed to predict the Lakers would overpay by that much?"

Can't reason with this dude.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the definition of "team friendly" get changed from a contract that helps the team to at or close to the max available? I must've missed that memo.

When buck-Alice informed us that we had it all wrong and that a player getting the most money possible for the most years possible is actually team friendly.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more than just the draft pick, though it is mostly that. have you looked at the Pistons shooters? I think that Snell will play more minutes than you might suspect if he can hit those 3's; the Pistons are desperate for a warm body that can make an open shot. Blake and Andre get doubled a lot.
I fully agree (again) with your opinion, it may well be that Snell will be promoted to starter with coach Casey as he fits well will with his style of game...
Quite a valuable addition to the Pistons roster in my opinion, but I would still prefer it if this Snell discussion ends here with all these ingnorant on basketball trolls being around and prepared to argue on the opposite for the next ...century or so!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@buckalis

Are you from Greece? And if so how often are you drunk on ouzo?