• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops calls out SEC defenses

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Define most years? Oklahoma has traditionally been known for stout defenses. It's only been in the last few years that they've gotten away from that with venebles as DC. The 2000 nc team had an exceptional defense and this was pretty true up till about 7-8 years ago. Now that they've brought mike stoops back, they seem to be getting back to it.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define most years? Oklahoma has traditionally been known for stout defenses. It's only been in the last few years that they've gotten away from that with venebles as DC. The 2000 nc team had an exceptional defense and this was pretty true up till about 7-8 years ago. Now that they've brought mike stoops back, they seem to be getting back to it.

you have to cut some of these youngsters some slack as their knowledge of CFB seeminlgly only goes back about 7 or so years....:L

Coincidence?????

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 310,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I still don't know how (Texas) A&M was third in the country in total offense and scoring offense playing all those SEC defenses. I have no idea how that happened," Stoops said. "Oh, they got a quarterback. That's right."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's some high quality trolling by Big Game Bob. Fuck all you SEC bitches with their jimmies rustled. :finger: :laugh3:

I have to concur, that will certainly rile some jimmie-swangers. But South Carolina's defense has looked like ass for most of the year, even with the media-annointed best defensive player in the country. The only thing saving their season to this point was the much-improved play of Connor Shaw and the Lattimore-esque effort from Mike Davis. Shaw is supposed to start against Kentucky, but if he takes another hit to the throwing shoulder, his career might be done. (As much as I like the kid, he ain't playing on Sundays.)

If they can't start clamping down on some SEC offenses, it's Music City bowl time for the Gamecocks.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bob, here's an Idea.......
Until you can stop an SEC team from shoving your shit in, Shut Your Fucking Mouth.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If you want to go solely off of polls, then that is a major flaw. Point in case - Please tell me what in the world aggies and South Carolina have done to be top 12 teams? The fact that these 2 teams are ranked top 10 is an embarrasment to college football.

* S. Carolina - Lost to the only decent team they played, by double digits; Almost let Vandy come back on them and only won by 10 points; Barely beat UCF, by a whopping 3 points. Signature win is UNC (who is 1-3), and they did not look impressive in that win. Please show me some resemblance of objectiveness and tell me you agree this is NOT a top 12 resume. Any team from any other conference has that resume, and they are not in the top 20.

* aggies - Lost to the only good team they played. The rest of this completey ridiculous schedule includes: Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, Arky. Real juggerknot there. Btw - they have the 112th ranked defense in the country. You really want to defend this as a top 9 resume?

These guys deserve to be above teams like UCLA, Oklahoma, Miami? Whom are all undefeated and have wins against ranked opponents? What a fucking joke.

Schedules this time of year are subjective for all teams. Do you think OU is a top 12 team based on their schedule so far? What about Oregon or tOSU...for that matter, should tOSU be in the top 15 at all the entire year with their schedule? How about we let the games get played and stop whining about who is ranked where. I remember a team a few years ago that had a 99th ranked defense in the country and wss top 4 and they played in the Big 12, so its not a far stretch to see it, if you just open your eyes.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With little to nothing to show for it. 2. Keeps on winning title in spite of the best and deepest conference not being able to manup and play in the title game, usually choking when it counts.

Dude, are you not getting the point? Did you miss the part where I said SEC is the most top heavy conference? I simply said that the conference "as a whole" is overrated. If you can't even understand this point without getting your panties in a wad, then you have some serious defensiveness going on.

Point is, teams like Bama, LSU, and Florida have been very good in the last few years (staying away from the Auburn subject). Because of this, the media has jumped all over sucking sec dick - and your bottom feeders are undeservedly benefiting from it with stupid poll rankings.

Top heavy, and as a whole. Pay attention to those terms. Unless you really think the parts are bigger than the whole?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bob, here's an Idea.......
Until you can stop an SEC team from shoving your shit in, Shut Your Fucking Mouth.

A voice of reason in Big 12 country, who'd a thunk it? Kudo's brother for having the balls to say it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good enough to beat Bama the last 2 times thet played and plz, don't come with the standard we sucked back then routine....

And dont whine about where a game is played because you lost, like most OU fans do. Beat them if you can, but lose graciously and move on. Take us on now, if you dare.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2005...Big 12 has had at fewest 3 teams in the top 25 (06,10, 12) 06 Ou#11, 2010 TCU#2 Ou#6, 2012 K St #12, ..at most 5 teams in 2011 Ok st #3 Baylor #13.. just in case you were wondering.. and mostly one or no teams in top 5 one or two teams top 10.. doesn't really say much for the big 12 @ all actually
-
I would think 5 of 10 teams being ranked would be a hell of an accomplishment. Not sure any conference has ever had half of its teams ranked at the end of a season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A voice of reason in Big 12 country, who'd a thunk it? Kudo's brother for having the balls to say it.

The same thought went through my head to be honest. I love this young Oklahoma team, and I think they're capable of something special. Why don't you focus on them. If you face an sec team in a bcs bowl or even get lucky enough to get in the ncg talk shit after you've won. I just don't get this.

I will say I think sec defenses are facing better offenses than they ever have and the whole "SEC defenses are better thing" was bolstered by a couple of elite ones at the top. SEC defense does look down this year, but if you wanna shut people up, you gotta knock em off.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And dont whine about where a game is played because you lost, like most OU fans do. Beat them if you can, but lose graciously and move on. Take us on now, if you dare.

Would love to see you in the ncg. :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, are you not getting the point? Did you miss the part where I said SEC is the most top heavy conference? I simply said that the conference "as a whole" is overrated. If you can't even understand this point without getting your panties in a wad, then you have some serious defensiveness going on.

Point is, teams like Bama, LSU, and Florida have been very good in the last few years (staying away from the Auburn subject). Because of this, the media has jumped all over sucking sec dick - and your bottom feeders are undeservedly benefiting from it with stupid poll rankings.

Top heavy, and as a whole. Pay attention to those terms. Unless you really think the parts are bigger than the whole?

If by top heavy you mean top 5 or 6 teams then that is most conferences. We have to throw in SC as of late, Georgia as they have recently been heavy hitters in terms of wins. Top to bottom the SEC is no different than most conferences, so no I dont buy the "as a whole, overrated" argument as its complete bullshit compared to other conferences. All conferences have top teams fluctuate from middle to top and all conferences have teams that fluctuate fro bottom to middle with an isolated case coming into contention from time to time. Its the nature of the beast and if you cant see that, then i am sorry for you.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob just cant help it. There is truth to the SEC over-rated defenses claim, but not enough to make noise. At the end of the day, the current Big 12 is probably the weakest edition in the past 5 yrs. I would wait at least until next yr to talk smack.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma had the best Defense in the country too when we played teams with no offense in the Big8/Big12.

It's not hard to comprehend.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thought went through my head to be honest. I love this young Oklahoma team, and I think they're capable of something special. Why don't you focus on them. If you face an sec team in a bcs bowl or even get lucky enough to get in the ncg talk shit after you've won. I just don't get this.

I will say I think sec defenses are facing better offenses than they ever have and the whole "SEC defenses are better thing" was bolstered by a couple of elite ones at the top. SEC defense does look down this year, but if you wanna shut people up, you gotta knock em off.

Bama, on paper, has the best stable of offensive players it has had in many years, but it doesnt translate on the field. The offensive line play is our problem right now but as far as skill players, they are the deepest they been probably ever(on offense). This is true of many SEC teams and you are seeing the shift to a more offensive league brought on by trends in college football, not because we let two Big 12 teams invade our conference. Anyone who says different is blinded. I am not a team SEC kinda guy, i root for Bama and watch other games, but I dont root for any other teams to win unless i hate one of the teams thats playing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good game and I would pray for Big Game Bob to show up one more time:lol::suds:

I don't think bob is the one we'd have to worry about. It's heupel. :L

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about national title games. There needs to be a rule that teams can't play for the NC in their home State. You can't tell me it's not a huge advantage when OU had to play Lsu in NO or Florida in Florida. Same with Ohio St. Can you imagine if those games where played in Tulsa or Cleveland?
Just a note for what it's worth. Under Stoops OU has played in 4 nat title games with all 4 opponents being in their home state. He'll USC was in their home stadium. If you don't think that is an advantage your kidding yourself.
:agree:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 310,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, on paper, has the best stable of offensive players it has had in many years, but it doesnt translate on the field. The offensive line play is our problem right now but as far as skill players, they are the deepest they been probably ever(on offense). This is true of many SEC teams and you are seeing the shift to a more offensive league brought on by trends in college football, not because we let two Big 12 teams invade our conference. Anyone who says different is blinded. I am not a team SEC kinda guy, i root for Bama and watch other games, but I dont root for any other teams to win unless i hate one of the teams thats playing.

Word. Offense is hot all across football now. But defense still wins championships, and the team in the title game who plays the best defense THAT NIGHT will win. It might be Oregon, who picks off a Tahj Boyd pass as time expires in a 63-56 game, but it'll still be defense.

Game has changed a bit, and Stoops has a point: a crop of good offensive QB's have made the SEC defenses look less than dominant.