• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops calls out SEC defenses

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i called this last year. it's the simple answer.

Either a rookie QB and a rookie coach are somehow made of magic.... or "SEC Defense" is mostly hype.

What's the simple answer?

aTm is made of magic? or SEC Offense blows and their 'Defensive superiority' is mostly hype?

Florida shut down JF.. with a decent defense last year.. idk what the hell stoops is talking about..

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Stoops isn't afraid to poke the bear. And he's right! The Sec all of a sudden has 4 Nfl quarterbacks and now the Sec defenses are bad. Welcome to Big XII life the last 5 years!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida shut down JF.. with a decent defense last year.. idk what the hell stoops is talking about..

He is just trying to pump up his team... he knows the truth.

Kiffin did the same thing at Tenn saying how they would beat Florida...blah, blah...

This is a tactic by a coach who sees weakness in his team... nothing more.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Stoops isn't afraid to poke the bear. And he's right! The Sec all of a sudden has 4 Nfl quarterbacks and now the Sec defenses are bad. Welcome to Big XII life the last 5 years!

Hopefully OU gets a parity SEC team in a bowl game.. even a bad SEC defense is generally light years ahead of the B12 defenses...

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i called this last year. it's the simple answer.

Either a rookie QB and a rookie coach are somehow made of magic.... or "SEC Defense" is mostly hype.

What's the simple answer?

aTm is made of magic? or SEC Offense blows and their 'Defensive superiority' is mostly hype?

I disagree about the sec defenses blowing.. however I would agree that this, year with a lot of inexperienced people on teams ..just how strong they are is somewhat debatable.. but I will still take Florida, Bama, Georgia,Scar Lsu defenses against the rest.. and those high scoring offenses will not be so high scoring

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully OU gets a parity SEC team in a bowl game.. even a bad SEC defense is generally light years ahead of the B12 defenses...

And generally Big XII offenses are light years ahead of Sec offenses. Not sure your point here.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize OU's defense held UF's offense to 20 points less than it's scoring average too...

But Urban Meyer doesn't keep running his mouth about Big 12 defenses and what does how OU's defense did, have to do with the SEC defenses, Stoops called out?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how A&M was a middle of the pack Big XII team and the minute they get to the SEC they light everybody up. Hmmmm

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And generally Big XII offenses are light years ahead of Sec offenses. Not sure your point here.

You mean like the OU offense in 2008?

The B12 offenses are generally a function of the shit defenses they play against... so no, not quite the same point.

Remember when the B12 was on top of the world with Texas, OU, and Texas Tech being tied for the best the B12 had to offer... OU was scoring 70+, Texas Tech was on a roll, etc..

Miss (yes Miss... Ole Piss) came in and completely shut down Tech in the bowl.

Florida shuts down OU...

Defenses matter... the speed of the SEC ends and line have been the big difference in most of the NCGs over the last 6 years...

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your offenses could be light years ahead.. but if your not scoring because of our defenses we win.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how A&M was a middle of the pack Big XII team and the minute they get to the SEC they light everybody up. Hmmmm

Really? A mediocre Florida team beat them last year.

Don't confuse the hype for Johnny Football with State being a good team.

Also, TAMU has a shit defense ... if their D was good, they would be competing for a NC. So you bring up a good point...

Hell, Arkansas...one of the worst teams in the SEC who almost lost to Samford and did lose to teams like Rutgers in the last year, etc.. almost beat TAMU this past weekend..

It was a scoring fest with NO defense on either side.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because they aren't as good this year, it's somehow evidence they haven't been good in recent years?

As for Alabama vs A&M, Alabama allowed 14 points and then went on a 42-7 tear. The score was 42-21 going into the 4th quarter, which actually puts A&M in what is technically considered garbage time. Alabama scored 7 more, while A&M scored 21 in the 4th quarter.

Personally it didn't feel like garbage time to me, but the guy who was covering Evans got injured for the 2nd half(Belue) and was out with turf toe. After they put him on Evans he didn't do too much. Additionally, Alabama was playing a lot of new starters as it was only our 2nd game of the year, and our best corner may end up being a true freshman.
-

Despite all this, Alabama still managed to hold A&M to only 1 point more than Oklahoma managed last year at the end of the season with all their defensive players having the year of experience, and last year Alabama held A&M to only 29 points, 12 less than Oklahoma. As well, LSU held A&M to only 24 and Florida held them to only 20 points. Even Ole Miss held them to only 30 points.

So how did A&M average all that offense? Because they left Manziel in for 5 and 6 TD's in games against the bottom SEC teams and non conference games. Something I've pointed out for the past years in terms of Manziels stats being hyped.

Seems like Stoops is running his mouth yet again.
-
So the defense of being called a bad defense is to compare yourself to one of Stoop's worst defenses. Interesting defense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't light everyone up. Their stats were inflated while playing lower competition and leaving JFF in for 5 and 6 TD's a game.

Against the better defenses, they never scored more than 30 points.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, let them live in their Sec bubble.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
So the defense of being called a bad defense is to compare yourself to one of Stoop's worst defenses. Interesting defense.

I didn't tell him to run his mouth about other defenses.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority of OU fans that actually like Stoops it seems. I'm not sure what context this quote was taken from but it's pretty clear SEC offense has caught up to the defenses and there's nothing wrong with that. SEC homers bragging about the D's in that conference is way late, kinda like 20 year olds that are steeler and cowboys fans bragging about rings those teams won well before they were born.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, let them live in their Sec bubble.....

We don't have to "live in our bubble" the last 7 NCs prove our defenses are still better then anyone else's "best" offenses. Period.. there is no argument.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to "live in our bubble" the last 7 NCs prove our defenses are still better then anyone else's "best" offenses. Period.. there is no argument.

You have had great one or two teams at the top. Nobody disputes that. Big I'm not going to sit here and let you tell me how great Vandy, Kentucky, Arky, Tenn, Miss St, A&M, Miss St. defenses are.