• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Okie reportedly interested in joining SEC ....

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee - that's a well thought out observation.

How?
So tv rights power these conferences and schools. People watch the best games on tv and the best games are gonna be viewed nationally instead of regionally. Its almost a given that Bama gonna play primetime no matter what. They have earned that. More SEC schools play on primetime than any other conference in football. LSU VS Oklahoma will get more viewers than Ohio St. Vs Michigan. That's why the OSU/Michigan game is not a night game. Its about ratings and money. The SEC is a money making machine. What conference puts out the most top 10 picks each season? Do the math. If you want more money and better competition you make the move. In basketball this is gonna be HUGE...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tv rights power these conferences and schools. People watch the best games on tv and the best games are gonna be viewed nationally instead of regionally. Its almost a given that Bama gonna play primetime no matter what. They have earned that. More SEC schools play on primetime than any other conference in football. LSU VS Oklahoma will get more viewers than Ohio St. Vs Michigan. That's why the OSU/Michigan game is not a night game. Its about ratings and money. The SEC is a money making machine. What conference puts out the most top 10 picks each season? Do the math. If you want more money and better competition you make the move. In basketball this is gonna be HUGE...
You didn't answer my question...

they shouldnt have let the other teams leave.

How?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aTm sucked it up I guess. Prolly just didn't want to look scared.

Their daddies (SEC and ESPN) slapped them around and told them to STFU.

I also heard that part of them saying yes was to make sure they dont have to play OU every single year. I know rumors are rumors but thats the big rumor mill on that one considering people have stated that sources with the SEC discussed using the PODs system and put OU, UT, Mizzou, and ARK in the same pod, allowing AtM to not have to play OU every year and could revive their UT rivalry.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would hilarious if the SEC voted yes for Oklahoma and voted no for Texas…that would be the ultimate troll job.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching OUs board meeting, they are voting unanimously at this point.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU board has voted unanimously to join the SEC, expect the announcement to come soon.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its been said that Texas AD does not want to change. They are still doing things the Mack Brown way. OK will go outside of texas and recruit. Texas is stuck in that grassroots type of recruiting. You have to change the pond you fish in sometimes. Until Texas does this, they will forever be on the outside looking in.
I believe you will see an improvement in recruiting under Sarkisian & company. They will go after the best players, no matter where they are located. I think a lot of the players UT has recruited in recent years had elevated grades just because Texas was one of the schools recruiting them. And few of them managed to develop much once they arrived at UT. That will change under Sarkisian (but not necessarily in Year One).

There's a lot about the Longhorns program he's going to have to fix. Luckily, he's got four years to do so before things get a lot tougher.

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you will see an improvement in recruiting under Sarkisian & company. They will go after the best players, no matter where they are located. I think a lot of the players UT has recruited in recent years had elevated grades just because Texas was one of the schools recruiting them. And few of them managed to develop much once they arrived at UT. That will change under Sarkisian (but not necessarily in Year One).

There's a lot about the Longhorns program he's going to have to fix. Luckily, he's got four years to do so before things get a lot tougher.
I hope you right, It wasn't that long ago when Bradford, Mcoy, Graham, Reesing, and Daniels were trying to outdo one another each game by putting up 300 or better thru the air. That needs to come back.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from 2018 but the 2006 tOSU vs. scUM has the 2nd most regular season viewers in the last 25 years.