• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL Post-Draft Analysis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General Thoughts

- This draft was pretty loaded at the top and there were few surprises early. League has come a long way from the days of Chris Markey and PJ Hill. Round 1 went as predicted.

- There were a ridiculous number of enticing players from one team last year. I don’t remember exact statistics but I think the main reason the first round was so strong was because that team could only keep two.

- The SportsGuru-JonBlaze turn wasn’t as disastrous as expected. Thought we’d be on Round 7 around now.

- As someone noticed there were a lot of runs on positions. Like QBs in rounds 2 and 5 and very few taken in between. I think I ended up on the front end of 1 or 2 and the back end of 1 or 2.

- Good that we had almost everyone back.

Analysis of Own Team

First off I had to make the decision between Bryce Young and Brennan Armstrong. Most rankings and such have Young higher than Armstrong. With Young its definitely just one more year. Maybe Armstrong plays two more. I like his schedule and he returns his WRs which Young does not. Maybe he’ll run a bit more in new offense. I know they won’t throw quite as much. As far as the draft, I knew I needed stronger WRs than last season. Biggest swing pick was 4th round Ibrahim vs Mingo, A lot depends on Spencer Sanders. I think he’s numbers can improve Year 1. Took mostly QBs who will put up some meaningful running numbers. At RB, the strategy was for the bellcows. Thomas, Garwo, Ibrahim and Bigsby should all get good # carries for their teams. At WR, not as strong as I’d like, Cedric Tillman should not bust if healthy but maybe Hutchinson was too early. They have so few weapons that I figure he gets a lot of targets again. Beyond that, tried to take a few low floor guys on decent offenses to make up for the disaster last year having WRs like Bo Melton, Cam Johnson, Ty Fryfogle on miserable offenses. Feel decent about the team if Armstrong/Sanders stay healthy.

Favorite Picks of Own Team

• Round 5 – Spencer Sanders – I think he is primed for improved stats this year. He runs a lot so upside is there. Defense should not be as good and games he plays in should be higher scoring.
  • Round 10 – Joseph Ngata – Clemson’s passing game has to improve somewhat. Dabo seems to want this guy to succeed. His numbers are unimpressive in his first few years. If the passing game improves, someone should be a starting-quality WR. I also like some of the ACC opponents he will play as defenses.
Least Favorite Picks of Own Team

• Round 3 – Xavier Hutchinson – From other mock drafts I’ve seen I guess he’s going later. Perhaps the feeling is his upside is limited and the new QB will struggle. My thinking is that Purdy wasn’t really that good and the other main weapons at RB and TE are gone. If ISU’s offense is still decent, Hutchinson should be a Soul-starter quality player. Probably a too-safe pick for Round 3.
  • Round 9 – Michael Mayer – Weird for me to take a TE cause that’s not my thing. All I’m looking for is last year’s numbers again but that might be asking too much for a TE. With a new QB perhaps his numbers fall and also with a new coaching staff. I would definitely have taken Theo Wease above him if I thought of it.
Favorite of Other Team Picks

• Round 3 – Drunk Jocks – WR Zay Flowers – This is one of those guys I really wanted but draft position didn’t allow it. Woulda been too early at pick 15 and he didn’t make it to my pick in Round 3. If Jurkovec stays on the field, he should be much more successful and in some high scoring ACC games. Read they will still be looking to get him the ball.
  • Round 4 – Drunk Jocks – WR Jonathan Mingo – Another Drunk Jock WR. He seems to be the next great Rebel WR if he can stay on the field. I wonder if it actually ends up being one of the transfers and that’s what led me to take Ibrahim over him. May regret it though.
  • Round 9 – Orgy of Evil – RB Eric Gray – Maybe he lives up to his billing this year. The OC usually spreads ball around to many RBs and that’s why I passed on him in the couple rounds prior to this pick. But in Round 9 to get the guy who will probably be OU’s top rusher is good. Also the QB shouldn’t steal many carries/TDs.
  • Round 9 – End Zone Divas – WR Theo Wease, Oklahoma – When reading more into it I couldn’t figure out how we let this guy get this far down. Maybe it doesn’t work out and maybe he doesn’t stay healthy but Oklahoma doesn’t seem super-deep at WR and only real proven guy is Mims. Wease could certainly turn out to be their WR1. Just has the feel of a guy who could potentially be a top 5 WR if things go right.
  • Round 12 – Heisman Hopefuls – QB Hunter Dekkers – I don’t think I realized he ran the ball as much as he did in HS. I put him too far down on my list then really didn’t think about him again. But Iowa State’s gonna need to score a bit and I don’t think they’ll have the same running game to rely on. He may end up being a nice pass-rush balance guy who runs in some scores at his size. For Round 12, he seems to have legitimate starter potential.

Others Receiving Votes: Round 4 – End Zone Divas – RB Dominic Richardson; Round 5 – Waxy Frogs QB Jordan Travis; Round 11 – Drunk Jocks – WR Lorenzo Styles; Round 12 – Smurf Turfers - QB Payton Thorne; Round 21 – Skeet Shooters - RB Jalin Mitchell

Least Favorite Picks of Other Teams
  • Round 2 – Winsley’s Warriors – QB Aiden O’Connell – Ton of yards passing last year but a QB who doesn’t run at all and loses his top 3 wide receivers concerns me this earlier. A pretty tough defensive schedule in the B1G West. I don’t have him much above some of the Round 5 type QBs that can run.
  • Round 3 – Waxy Frogs – RB Chase Brown, Illinois – Yes, Illinois will run but they are pretty deep at RB and Brown didn’t get in end zone often last year. Seemed inconsistent. Don’t dislike the player but in early 3rd I had him rated more closely to some of the Round 5-7 RBs.
  • Round 3 – Smurf Turfers – WR De’Zhaun Stribling – I understand that he’s in the position that you want a WR for that offense but the QB is new and I’m not confident enough this is the guy on the offense for a Round 3 pick. I guess upside is here but there’s also the potential he’s not the No.1 guy here after all.
  • Round 4 – Dawgfathers – WR Keyteon Thompson – Odd that Billy Kemp went like 18 rounds later. We know some of these UVA targets are going to have reductions in numbers with less passing and Davis returning. I’d think Thompson would be toward top of the list. Unique player that new coaching staff might not use in same way.
  • Round 11 – Skeet Shooters – RB Dontae Smith – I want nothing to do with this Georgia Tech team. To make matters worse, Blaze took another GTech RB in Round 13. GT RB is not the position I’d be loading up on, even in the middle rounds.

• Others Receiving Votes: Round 2 – Dawgfathers, QB Devin Leary , Colorado; Round 4 – California Raisins, WR Mitchell Tinsley; Round 6 – Heisman Hopefuls – WR Broc Thompson; Round 11 – Waxy Frogs – RB Ramon Brown; Round 16 – Drunk Jocks – Drew Allar

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis of Other Teams

Asian Alley Cats – Coming off of a rare down season, the Cats went very heavy with players on strong offenses. Only maybe one or two players drafted throughout the entire draft on lesser teams. QB position has the potential to be a strength unlike last season. Cardwell will have to become the RB2 here which involves some risk. Knighton is interesting because the Hurricanes should run the ball more effectively but Knighton was terrible late in the season. My favorite unit here is the wide receiver group. Surprised Cats took a chance on Mims again after he was burned last year by this same player but I like the pick. Honestly, about 4 or 5 WRs here I know very little about. This team really honed in on Oregon, North Carolina and Miami with three players each.

Most Important Player: QB Anthony Richardson – Just so much gap between floor and ceiling here. Gabriel we probably know what he will be but Richardson could be top 5 or really struggle.

Heisman Hopefuls – Brian John didn’t start out in the best situation with one mediocre keeper and another weak one. I like the early round picks. Gibbs to me is a risk because he hasn’t shown he can carry a full workload. I think the QBs are a strength. I like each one of them where he got them. The RB position is relying on Peat stepping into the role that recent Mizzou starting RBs have had. The potential weakness seems to be RB quality depth here. Boutte was very nice value in Round 2 – I didn’t think he’d be there. I thought Robinson was a smidge early although we have seen Kentucky lead WRs targeted a lot. We know what Brian John’s gonna do with mid and late round WR picks. It’s the same thing every year. The Oklahoma State WR thing is a little weird. Brandon Weeden is not walking through that door. Biggest issue here is in-season management. This is the owner who infamously started Spencer Sanders over Quentin Harris in the championship game. If the Hopefuls can make the right lineup decisions, this team could contend in the Fuller division.

Most Important Player – WR Tayvion Robinson – Could go a few directions with most important guy but with so many unproven WRs, Robinson will be starting from the outset for the Hopefuls. If he’s not WR1 on Kentucky then he could become an unstartable player midway through the year. If he can be another Wandale Robinson then he’s a good 1-2 punch with Boutte.

Orgy of Evil – Too bad this team couldn’t keep 8 players from last year and could only keep 2. I like both the QBs and WRs here. He should have Williams, Ward and the Texas Tech QB. I’m not quite as high on Ward since he doesn’t really run. The RBs are good. The Baylor RB pick has a lot of potential. Just a lot of questions at WR. Even the #1 WR is a speculative selection. After that, the WRs just haven’t proven themselves yet. If this team hits on 1 or 2 of those WRs then I like them as a contender.

Most Important Player – RB Taye McWilliams – Because Edwards and Gray are likely to share carries in committee backfields, McWilliams has the chance to be the other workhorse alongside Henderson.

California Raisins – I like the Israel Abikanda pick.

Most Important Player – QB Jaxson Dart

Winsley’s Warriors – Tremendous top-end talent with Bijon and Smith-Njigba. I didn’t like what was done at the 2-3 turn really and I think O’Connell was a little early there. Added some low upside QBs who can fill into start in Clifford and Bennett. I’d think Montrell Johnson might play ahead of Evan Hull. At WR, the freshman from Mizzou and Bryce-Wheaton will battle for #2 spot. I don’t think many of the late round picks will work out. Something that needs to be considered for this team is that the team owner is employed now for the first time in four years. So instead of poring over Maryland-Indiana boxscores, he will actually be contributing to society like the rest of this. That may impact mid-season roster moves.

Most Important Player – RB Travis Dye. Could also go with Burden here but I think the upside for Dye is higher. With Bijon already in the mix, the potential for a very strong 1-2 is there if he gets most of the work for the high-scoring Trojans.

Dawgfathers – Keepers were not strong here but first round pick in Vaughn was dynamite. McLellan might be one of the weirdest keepers I can remember. The issue with the QBs after Jefferson is that none of them run. I don’t think Leary can throw for that many TDs again. British Brooks has to be RB#2 here. One of Haselwood or Collins might have to step up as WR2. Probably a team fighting to be middle of pack.

Most Important Player – RB British Brooks – If he’s not RB2 for this team, who is? Critical player to have in there next to Vaughn. If he grabs the starting role, we know how productive UNC RBs have been recently.

End Zone Divas
– I like some things bout this team. Hooker was a great place to start. All like all of the top three RBs picked here, especially Richardson. I think Wease may be a steal and Downs is likely to have a lot of targets again.

Most Important Player – QB Quinn Ewers – Hooker is a must start even against the Georgias and Alabama. When the 3rd and 4th string are as questionable as Sims and Penix, it puts even more pressure on Ewers to be productive.

Smurf Turfers – The thing that jumps out at me here is how unproven the top 3 WRs are. Transfers or guys projected to make a big jump. Should have a very solid RB unit 1 through 3 or 4. At QB, Stroud will obviously be one of the top guys. Hopefully Buchner wins and keeps that job. De Laura and Thorne are fine depth to plug in here or there.

Most Important Player – QB Tyler Buchner – Similar to with Ewers, the 3rd and 4th QBs are probably not guys you wanting starting each week. With Buchner’s mobility, its possible that he does well in Soul.

Skeet Shooters – The ACC is a great place to pile up QBs. Not sure that either Cunningham or Hartman will match last year’s numbers, but they don’t have to to be very good. RB group is good. There’s a lot of raw talent at WR but unproven. If things go wrong, finding 3 starters each week at WR might be a challenge. Even the lead guy at WR is a risk (albeit a good one). With those top two QBs the potential for a division champion is here but the WRs will have to pan out (at least one or two of them).

Most Important Player – WR Quentin Johnson – When the 2nd WR isn’t taken until Round 5, that’s a lot of pressure on the star WR. Sky is the limit for Johnston. He needs to be consistently good because both Demus and Harrell will have competition for targets.

Drunk Jocks – This might be my favorite team. As noted above, love what they did with the receivers in the first half of the draft. Will be interesting to see who QB2 is on this team. I think its Jurkovec but could see Daniels being good enough in pass-happy offense to start. I see 4-5 RBs that could play a role here. Even if one of the top WRs bust, there’s still interesting options further down. Feels like this Wisky RB pick will go better than the last couple.

Most Important Player – RB Chris Tyree – Probably has the best chance of being RB next to Allen. I woulda said Jurkovec but the third and fourth QBs from WVU and Baylor may be good enough to weather a bad season or injury from Jurkovec.

Waxy Frogs – I am into the top 3 QBs. Travis has a lot of upside and Thompson should throw enough to play a role. I don’t get the RB thing. Literally every RB on this roster is on a bad offense. There will be guys who are startable but don’t see the upside. I’m even worried about Tucker with that new offense. I like the WRs. Maybe the QBs and WRs are good enough to pull along the mediocre running backs. I think that is quite possible. Also, what’s the point of taking Tanner McKee?

Most Important Player – QB Jordan Travis – I have Travis as the QB with the highest upside outside of Young here. Don’t see a RB with that type of upside but if Travis plays well enough to keep up with Young, there could be a lot of points coming from that position.

2022 Bet Rivers Soul 12 Championship Odds

• 9-2 Drunk Jocks
  • 5-1 Asian Alley Cats
  • 6-1 Orgy of Evil
  • 7-1 End Zone Divas
  • 8-1 Winsley’s Warriors
  • 10-1 Skeet Shooters
  • 12-1 Paper Tigers
  • 12-1 Smurf Turfers
  • 15-1 Heisman Hopefuls
  • 18-1 Waxy Frogs
  • 25-1 Dawgfathers
  • 30-1 California Raisins

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Steven- I will add my thoughts later. Hope others will as well.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner McKee is pretty much purely a “safety net”. He should be Stanford’s QB all year barring injury. Might not put up Heisman level stats but I didn’t want a repeat of last year where all my QBs got hurt and I was fishing Duke QBs from free agency mid season because I didn’t draft enough secure starter depth.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest regret was not getting more Mississippi state receivers…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First injury of the season goes to @TonyStavoli

WR Antoine Green broken collarbone. Doesn’t appear to be season ending at least.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second guessed so many of my picks this year. Seems like every pick I was debating between two or more players with real similar stats. I feel like I may have drafted towards the situation rather than the individual player. A couple "tie-breakers" were the QB they play with or just the system they were in. Time will tell if it works out or not......

and spot on with my second keeper pick Paper. It was Jace or Jo'......I think he will bounce back nicely from his injury and he's only a junior :)

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like overall everyone did a good job. The top of the draft was much better this year then last year and nobody did anything crazy early on. I felt like while the top of the draft was much better this year the RB and QB depth in the mid rounds really tailed off and it was important to use projection and careful thought on these RB"s. Very hard to do with the RB position when are unproven or likely to share carries. I felt off on RB a little bit this year but I didn't want to reach and I felt I did the best I could there without getting wild early on. Early on in this draft I didn't feel real good about my team due to my RB situation but I felt there wasn't much I could do about that while passing over good value for RB's I was iffy on. As the draft got deeper I felt better because I feel I am pretty strong in overall depth but RB will still have me a little bit nervous here.

I drafted a little different then last year. Last year I was pretty conservative (and injury prone) and banked too much on drafting QB situations over actual good/proven QB's. I never expected I would end up with Dillon Gabriel but after last year's QB issues and with him sitting there for me in round 2 it was a no brainer for me with him on the board. I kept thinking back to how poor my QB situation was last year. Basically I had 4 QB situations in which both QB's played due to injury or shuffling around QB's. I would get a 34 out of Casey Thompson one week then a 9 out of him the next two weeks. Similar to de Laura but he averaged more but didnt have as big of games as Thompson. Shough (mostly injured) and the Texas Tech QB situation was just a disaster for me last year as was their RB situation.

Picks I liked.

Quentin Johnston- I had Johnston as a possible end of RD 1 pick. He was the one person I thought about passing on Dillon Gabriel for but I couldn't help but see those dud QB's I had on my roster last year throwing the football. QB in one of the first few rounds was screaming my name this year after last year. I had my worst QB situation in Soul 12 history last yar (BY FAR). The issue with Johnston here is durability. That was the one other drawback I had on him. I remember last year he would miss games with mystery injuries.

Zay Flowers- Was set to take him fell short one pick before me. I love Mims and hope he rebounds as I think he will but Flowers was too good to pass had he made it back to me. I had the sour taste of Mims in my mouth from last year so wasn't going to pass Flowers up but once he went my true love for Mims spoke to me again.

Raheim Sanders- I don't think Sanders was a fancy pick by any means but that is what makes the value here. Sanders should get a heavy workload this year. I know they have a few RB's they like here but I think he has the ability to be one of the better RB's in college football. My question is will he score a lot? Will Jefferson poach his TD's near the GL to make him a good fantasy back?

Jonathan Mingo- Had him last year and I think before his injury he was on his way to being Ole Miss's go to WR. The offense changes a bit this year which made me re-select my boy Mario Williams one pick ahead of him this year. I love both of these guys and it was a tough decision. I was super excited about Mario last year and figured in the Lincoln Riley offense and in his SOPH season he would bust out and show me why I was so excited last year about him. I feel the safer pick was Mingo here and I love both after selecting both last year. Really came down to Mario having the more proven and stable QB but I really like what I saw of Mingo last year early in the season before his injury. He was a HUGE loss for my team last year after starting off well. I feel like his injury lost the locker room and then everything and everyone went downhill from their. ;)

Bryce Ford-Wheaton- Always been a fan of this guy and I think he busts out this year.

Jabari Small- Tiyon Evans is gone and while they have other backs there as long as he stays healthy his carries will only go up. Durability was my concern with him.

Gavin Williams- Boring but quality pick here IMO... Sneaky good because I think people are looking at Tyler Goodson from last year and thinking Williams is no better, less thought of... I personally think Williams is a much better RB for Iowa's sytem and their OL will be better this year with more experience. Iowa typically has one avg OL cycle very 4th year or so and then the next year those guys turn into high draft picks. If you watched Iowa last year you would have seen how much better the offense ran when Gavin Williams was in the game. No dancing, just pure smash mouth football. Goodson is fine and all but he was over used at Iowa last year. Gavin should have gotten more carries last year. The offense was much better suited for his style.

Eric Gray- Kennedy Brooks is gone and Oklahoma's OL will be better. Watching Gray at Tennessee he showed me special RB ability. Last year was weird. Felt everytime I watched Okie he couldn't score near the GL and then Kennedy Brooks started doing well and he just fell out of favor. He won't get all the carries but he should get the bulk and if he does well early on he will move forward this year as oppose to backwards. I really liked Gray at Tennessee.

Rara Thomas- Myself and Q took a stab at unproven Miss State WR's and while they could have more upside Rara Thomas posted some good numbers late in the season last year. It was like everyone was taking shots on Miss State WR's but the one who played the best down the stretch last year was waving his hands screaming "WHAT ABOUT ME" and D Hooey was listening.

Kaden Prather- I ask myself if maybe I am too high on Ford-Wheaton and this is the guy to have? I think both will put up good numbers as long as Daniels can stay healthy. If not then the WV offense may take a bit to get rolling with new people behind the wheel.

Israel Abankidanda- This guy did more with less last year. If you look at his numbers with low volume it is pretty impressive. Pickett is gone. Pitt runs Abankidanda a lot this year IMO... Last year they really road the shoulders of Pickett and neglected running the ball. While I still have hope for Slovis they need to keep him healthy and Pitt has been good about using their strong points. Last year it was Pickett this year they will be more balanced and rely on their running game more as they have a good one back there.

Other picks I liked: Jarek Broussard, Elijah Higgins, Loic Fouonji, Jared Wayne, Elijah Canion

Pick I didn't like

Devin Leary, QB, NC State- I didn't think he would go this high. I liked a few other QB's there better. He is coming off a great year though and NC State's RB situation doesn't exactly wow me with Person and Knight gone. He loses his top WR but I do like some of the young guys there. Two which were drafted and one that was not drafted. So in reality... I probably like this pick more then I thought I think he could have possibly waited though. However, if you want someone and you have that good feeling/projection go get them. Maybe I am just not a big Leary believer and he will prove me wrong.

Chase Brown, RB, Illinois- I like the player fine but Illinois really hasn't run the ball well consistently for years and Joshn McCray was pretty good last year in limited reps. Not sure that offense will score enough and you have two pretty good RB's there so I don't see Brown scoring a ton of short TD's as that might be split a bit.

Evan Hull- Guessing with Cam Porter healthy if anything they will share a lot. Something Northwestern hasn't really done but I think they are going to have to with these two. If Porter wasn't back this pick would be fine.

Caleb Ducking- Look, Ducking could be a star. My issue here isn't that the player sucks or anything like that. It was a panic move by Q and he knows it. Once I took Harmon he HAD to grab Ducking right away because he was so hurt by losing Harmon. I think he could have waited about 5 rounds. Could pay off for him though. We will see. Just maybe not the smartest where he took him but I understand not wanting to risk it. Felt like a move where Q said "I HAVE TO HAVE AN UPSIDE MISSISSIPPI STATE WR AND I DON'T CARE WHO ELSE IS AVAILABLE" I have to get one!!! I think it allowed him to sleep better.

Dontae Smith- I think McDuffie may start over him. He did grab both though.

7 McGee- I do like him just was really surprised he went before Troy Franklin and even ahead of Thornton. He could be a high catch guy though I suppose.

I need to cut this short..

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record. I like a lot of picks. So if you don't see one of your guys listed on here don't take it the wrong way. I just skimmed through the draft real quick and added a few. I can find a lot more picks that I like then I don't like and when I say I don't like them it likely means they went earlier then I would have taken them. That is all! Carry on!

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite pick of my own-

Kendall Milton. I had Zamir White the last two years so I am aware of the low carry possibilities. However, I think the RB room is a little more clearer for Milton to pick up higher volume and I see this as a break out season for him. I don't think the D will score or dominate as much this year so they will have the ball a bit more. Last year their D was so good they would be up 31-0 quickly on opponents and most of those were off turnovers. I think we see a little fantasy kick on the Georgia offense this year.

Least favorite pick of my own-

Chris Tyree- I was a little unsure what to do there. Seemed like we were in the middle of a RB run and I like the upside here. Just not sure what Notre Dame will do at RB but I felt confident enough because he doesn't seem to have a lot behind him. Just not sure if he will be a big carry guy.

I will try to do one/two for each team in this category

Favorite Picks from others-
Asian Alley Cats- Emory Jones. He doesn't need to pass the ball much as long as ASU keeps him as the starter and he keeps running. Not a great QB but could be a very good fantasy QB.

California Raisins- Israel Abanikanda- Basically, same as what DC said above.

Dawgfathers- Beaux Collins- Clemson will pass the ball much better this year in my opinion and this guy should be able to post consistent numbers.

Heisman Hopefuls- Will Levis- I debated him over JT Daniels. He can run and his passing was pretty good last year too.

Winsley's Warriors- Cameron Rising. I think he will poach some TD's away from Thomas and his passing will improve.

Waxy Frogs- Jordan Travis- Was pretty darn good fantasy wise last year and I think the offense will be better this year. He doesn't have Corbin which could hurt of help him. I do think he has much better WR's this year so maybe he adds a little more as a passer. Either way the guy can run.

End Zone Divas- Dominic Richardson- I think this guy is the real deal. Oklahoma State ran the ball very well last season and I think they don't miss a beat with Richardson taking over here.

Orgy of Evil- Taye McWilliams- See above. Same as Dominic Richardson.

Smurf Turfers- Payton Thorne- He was very impressive last year. Posted some big numbers. I think he becomes more consistent this year and MSU will pass more this year with no Kenneth Walker.

Skeet Shooters- (Doesn't have his roster filled out) but from what he does I will go with Dontay Demus. Health is a concern here but he appears to be doing well and he broke out last year before his injury.

Paper Tigers- Chandler Morris- He looked good last year and with Dykes at the helm he should be a good fantasy QB.

Picks I wasn't so fond of:

Asian Alley Cats- Damien Martinez- I am not going to lie. I never heard of him until he was drafted. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough.

California Raisins- Jirehl Brock- Maybe he will break out and maybe Breece Hall just kept him sleeping at the wheel because he got all the action but Brock never really has gotten much action at ISU yet. I wonder if he is even the guy there?

Dawgfathers- Jalen Berger- Remember I took Berger #2 overall last year. So I am angry with him. I read a lot of stuff about him after he busted last year and it sounds like the guy doesn't like contact and may lack the drive to be great... I would have taken Broussard before Berger.

Troy Omeire- Texas has a lot of weapons and this guy seems like damaged goods.

Heisman Hopefuls- Caleb Ducking- Too early

Tony Mathis- WV passes the ball more this year. Not too excited about their run game as a unit this year.

Winsley's Warriors- Sean Clifford- Not a fan. Part of why I took Allar later is because of maybe needing a keeper option at QB next year... However, I tried to combine it with a QB I could see taking some snaps this year because the guy ahead of him isn't showing any improvement. If Allar starts coming around and Clifford struggles I wouldn't be shocked if PSU makes a change there for the better of the future.

Waxy Frogs- Jacob Cowing- Not sure he posts great numbers to go as high as he did.

End Zone Divas- Ja'Corey Brooks- Little early in my opinion for a WR situation in which you are basically throwing darts at.

Orgy of Evil- Cameron Ward- Not big on Washington State this year. Not sure they muster up a good offense this year. I had Ward rated around the same range of Jurkovec and Spencer Sanders level at best.

Donovan Edwards- I guess Corum and Haskins each put up numbers at times last year in the same game. Maybe that is the hope here? I see some high and low games here. May be hard to know when to start him. Haven't looked at their schedule but maybe they get Illinois and Rutgers this year.

Smurf Turfers- De'Zhaun Stribling- Not a fan of the offense and there is no WR that really sticks out to me on that team to take early. I think Renard Bell based off experience would be the first one I would take a shot on.

Skeet Shooters- DJ Uiagalelei- I don't think he keeps the starting job this year.

Paper Tigers- Pat Garwo- If Jurk stays healthy, I think Garwo's numbers and volume goes down a lot.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper's Round 25 Mock Draft

If we get a 12-0 vote to keep this I will allow for these guys to be on the predicted teams practice squad.
Mel based this mock off current or past year tendencies.

Round 25

289. Winsley's Warriors- Keagan Johnson, WR, Iowa
290. Skeet Shooters- Antonio Williams, WR, Clemson
291. Waxy Frogs- Jonah Coleman, RB, Arizona
292. Dawgfathers- Tahj Washington, WR, USC
293. Heisman Hopefuls- Blaine Green, WR, Oklahoma State
294. Drunk Jocks- Anthony Grant, RB, Nebraska
295. Asian Alley Cats- Arian Smith, WR, Georgia (Mel searched hard for an Arizona State WR here but nothing came up)
296. California Raisins- Jalil Farooq, WR, Oklahoma
297. Paper Tigers- Drake Stoops, WR, Oklahoma
298. Orgy of Evil- JJ Sparkman, WR, Texas Tech
299. Smurf Turfers- Emmanuel Henderson, RB, Alabama
300. End Zone Divas- Zach Calzada, QB, Auburn

Draft Note Discovery-

Navin only drafted two players from the Pac-12. That might be the most amazing thing about the draft this year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite pick of mine: Gavin Williams & Kayshon Boutte- I almost took him on the prior turn, was really happy that he got back to me. Iowa is a solid RB job and he should be a plug and play guy for me.

I was thrilled Boutte fell to me.

Least favorite picks of mine: Caleb Ducking, Marshawn Lloyd, and Will Levis: I wanted to wait on Ducking, but after Harmon and Ra ra Thomas both went, I figured it was time to take a swing. I don't see this much different than the Prather pick either.

Levis was fine value, just felt like more of an obligation pick due to the QB run than anything else.

I hate the Lloyd pick because I took him away from JB, his adopted father. And I hating breaking up families.

Favorite picks of other teams:

Dominic Richardson was a good pick. Going QB instead of taking him might be a mistake.

De'Zhaun Stribling, - I think Ward is an upgrade at the QB spot and he should be the beneficiary of that. I don't think he would've gotten past me on my next pick like 10 picks later.

Kendre Miller - some really good analytics, and won't share time with a 5 star stud now. Good offense. Could be a lot of fun.

EJ Smith - if Thompson didn't get back to me I was 100% taking him.

Cam Rising - probably a comparable value to the guys who went in round 5, but 4 rounds later. Maybe a tick less upside, but 4 rounds later.

Theo Wease - Mims as the #1 isn't a guarantee. Solid gamble here.

Emory Jones - better fantasy QB than real QB, but previous QBs at ASU put up numbers and Jones is better than them.

Noah Cain - could be the next Broussard who comes out of nowhere to take that job.

Cedric Tillman - how did you idiots let Stevie get him in round 2? You should all be banned for letting it happen.

Least favorite:

Chase Brown - i like the guy, but damn, almost 70% of his yards came in 3 games. That's tough to be a bye week filler type in round 3.

DJ Uiagalelei - i think he's riding pine pony by Halloween

Evan Hull - i hate this more for not handcuffing him with Porter than just the pick itself.

Isaiah Neyor - OB and I are usually two sides of the same coin, but this one we are apart. With Bijan getting a load and Worthy the clear stud, I'm not sure what Neyor's volume will be.

Spencer Rattler - I'm just not sure what to expect from him after bombing out with a loaded team at Oklahoma.

Alex Fontenot - Calling Colorado a dumpster fire is an insult to dumpster fires, no one should've been drafted from there.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Team:

If my draft had a theme this year it was redemption. Slovis, Berger, Haselwood, Omeire, are gonna have big roles in new places or coming back from injury. It wasn't planned at the beginning but I feel like the value was there for these guys. It was a risk/reward on those guys. They have the talent, just need to execute, football 101.

I probably got sucked into the position run vortexes a few times and reached on some guys. It's real easy to talk yourself into players....maybe my downfall. Time will tell. Good luck guys!

Players I wanted but didn't get:

Devon Achane, End Zone Divas. Dude is gonna be a work horse. Wasn't really in a position to snag him but great end of the 1st pick

Kayshon Boutte, Heisman Hopefuls. Offense is going to be better. Healthy Kayshon= big numbers

Travis Dye, WInsley's Warriors. Thought I would have a shot at him. I love his situation and it will be a little easier to root for him now that he's not a Duck.

Pat Garwo, Paper Tigers: Picked up Garwo late last year, real solid pick. Should get the lots of carries.

Jalen McMillan, Paper Tigers. Tried to pick him.......I was 3 rounds too late.

Eric Gray, Orgy of Evil. Main back in the Oklahoma offense, surrounded by weapons, what's not to love?!

Payton Thorne, Smurf Turfers. How the heck did this guy fall to the 12th round! Steal of a pick

Arik Gilbert, California Raisins. IF and it's a big IF, this guy has his head on straight, he's an incredible talent.

Favorite late round pick:

Kobe Lewis, Waxy Frogs. Great value for the 23rd round.

Favorite Roster:

Drunk Jocks. A little thin at QB IMO. Great stable of RB's and top notch receivers at the top.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper's Round 25 Mock Draft

If we get a 12-0 vote to keep this I will allow for these guys to be on the predicted teams practice squad.
Mel based this mock off current or past year tendencies.

Round 25

289. Winsley's Warriors- Keagan Johnson, WR, Iowa
290. Skeet Shooters- Antonio Williams, WR, Clemson
291. Waxy Frogs- Jonah Coleman, RB, Arizona
292. Dawgfathers- Tahj Washington, WR, USC
293. Heisman Hopefuls- Blaine Green, WR, Oklahoma State
294. Drunk Jocks- Anthony Grant, RB, Nebraska
295. Asian Alley Cats- Arian Smith, WR, Georgia (Mel searched hard for an Arizona State WR here but nothing came up)
296. California Raisins- Jalil Farooq, WR, Oklahoma
297. Paper Tigers- Drake Stoops, WR, Oklahoma
298. Orgy of Evil- JJ Sparkman, WR, Texas Tech
299. Smurf Turfers- Emmanuel Henderson, RB, Alabama
300. End Zone Divas- Zach Calzada, QB, Auburn

Draft Note Discovery-

Navin only drafted two players from the Pac-12. That might be the most amazing thing about the draft this year.

I woulda taken a WR :D

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulda taken a WR :D

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever toss around the idea of 1 Group of 5 player?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever toss around the idea of 1 Group of 5 player?

You assholes won’t even let me have UConn back in as Eliglbe lol

And we didn’t even give teams line ucf or cincy a year head start to allow them to be potential keepers

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCONN is on an all time block. That is to keep the league competitive. We have seen what you do with the Oklahoma State WR’s I can’t imagine what you would do with UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.