• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops calls out SEC defenses

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 has had at fewest 3 teams in the top 25 (06,10, 12) 06 Ou#11, 2010 TCU#2 Ou#6, 2012 K St #12, ..at most 5 teams in 2011 Ok st #3 Baylor #13.. just in case you were wondering.. and mostly one or no teams in top 5 one or two teams top 10.. doesn't really say much for the big 12 @ all actually

We only have 10 teams!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that Baylor is ranked ahead of Florida I would say pretty well! :nod:

I thought only the SEC claimed the accomplishments of fellow conference teams? Want to list all the SEC teams ahead of them? :whistle:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about national title games. There needs to be a rule that teams can't play for the NC in their home State. You can't tell me it's not a huge advantage when OU had to play Lsu in NO or Florida in Florida. Same with Ohio St. Can you imagine if those games where played in Tulsa or Cleveland?

We didnt have any problems playing in Arizona... as a matter of fact Florida has the best on the road winning perct in the sec at 71% next closest its Bama at 61%

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we will not let you tell us how great Texas Tech(beat someone first), Kansas(no need), West Virginia (30-0 loss Maryland) Okie St (loss to West Va.),Texas (blowout loss to Ole Miss and BYU) ,Kansas St (loss to Div II team),TCU (loss to Texas Tech) ,Iowa St (no need) , and not ready to crown OU (beat bad ND team/played no one) or Baylor (ULM Warhawks best team they've beat) as good yet. Play someone first. Of course playing the conference schedule is not going to create many losses! Damn, did I just list your entire conference? :nod:

Now SEC has Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M (u list as bad but better this year and whipped OU in bowl?), Florida, South Carolina. Jury still out on Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Vandy and Missouri.

Tennessee, Miss St(?) and Kentucky are the bottom feeders right now.

Using that logic, you have Bama (suspect O so far, but likely turning it up, beat a&m who hasn't beaten anyone), LSU (beat TCU, who also lost to above mentioned TT, so LSU needs to beat someone first), Georgia (beat 2 top 10 teams who haven't proven themselves by beating anyone yet), A&M (beat someone first), Florida (hasn't beat anyone), South Carolina (hasn't beat anyone).

Jury still out on Ole Miss (hasn't beat anyone), Auburn (best win is Washington St), Ark (hasn't hardly played anyone, let along beat anyone), Vandypants (beat someone first), Missouri (4-0 but hasn't played anyone)

I like this game:D

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didnt have any problems playing in Arizona... as a matter of fact Florida has the best on the road winning perct in the sec at 71% next closest its Bama at 61%

Yeah but did you play Arizona or Arizona State? That was a neutral game for both teams.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 10 teams!

And your point is? You still can't manage to keep one team in the top 5 or 2 teams in the top 10...or at least almost Half your conf in the top 25. The Sec can..

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but did you play Arizona or Arizona State? That was a neutral game for both teams.

We played Tosu.. what difference does it make it was the NC and we still spanked their ass.. they repky was to when OU had to play Florida IN Florida and it being basically home field advantage.. I say hogwash.. we played tosu in Arizona and no problems

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about national title games. There needs to be a rule that teams can't play for the NC in their home State. You can't tell me it's not a huge advantage when OU had to play Lsu in NO or Florida in Florida. Same with Ohio St. Can you imagine if those games where played in Tulsa or Cleveland?

Are you going to keep whining on that one, Bama went into the Superdome and didnt let LSU cross the 50 but once all night and never let them score. Sometimes you have to manup and play a ballgame, not whine when it doesnt work out for you are where its played. This argument gets old, but in the end, if you can beat a team, it doesnt matter where you play them and thats a fact.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are telling us nothing that we don't know. Big 12 is down this year. Just about every single poster from a Big 12 school that I know of on here has stated the same - even before the season started. Last year, the Big 12 had a huge number of senior qbs and veteran teams. Many teams are back to the building block. Right now, Junior David Ash is the most experienced qb in the Big 12, and even he can't stay healthy.

None of that has anything to do with 2 points: 1) The Big 12 has been the best and deepest conference for the past many years; 2) The SEC has been the most top heavy conference and overrated as a whole.

1. With little to nothing to show for it. 2. Keeps on winning title in spite of the best and deepest conference not being able to manup and play in the title game, usually choking when it counts.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to "live in our bubble" the last 7 NCs prove our defenses are still better then anyone else's "best" offenses. Period.. there is no argument.

boom

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. With little to nothing to show for it. 2. Keeps on winning title in spite of the best and deepest conference not being able to manup and play in the title game, usually choking when it counts.

I think we all disagree based solely on my earlier post that best and deepest cant keep more than one team (2006 no big 12 in top 10) if any in the 5 consistantly or have more than 4 teams in the top 25 year in and year out

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since when did anyone care what Bob Stoops had to say?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all disagree based solely on my earlier post that best and deepest cant keep more than one team (2006 no big 12 in top 10) if any in the 5 consistantly or have more than 4 teams in the top 25 year in and year out

This i agree with wholely, I think the Big 12 is the most overrated conference there is and this takes into account we still have the ACC and B1G that are accounted for yearly until about week 7 or 8. Big 12 football is all flash but no substance when it counts.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2005...Big 12 has had at fewest 3 teams in the top 25 (06,10, 12) 06 Ou#11, 2010 TCU#2 Ou#6, 2012 K St #12, ..at most 5 teams in 2011 Ok st #3 Baylor #13.. just in case you were wondering.. and mostly one or no teams in top 5 one or two teams top 10.. doesn't really say much for the big 12 @ all actually

1) If you want to go solely off of polls, then that is a major flaw. Point in case - Please tell me what in the world aggies and South Carolina have done to be top 12 teams? The fact that these 2 teams are ranked top 10 is an embarrasment to college football.

* S. Carolina - Lost to the only decent team they played, by double digits; Almost let Vandy come back on them and only won by 10 points; Barely beat UCF, by a whopping 3 points. Signature win is UNC (who is 1-3), and they did not look impressive in that win. Please show me some resemblance of objectiveness and tell me you agree this is NOT a top 12 resume. Any team from any other conference has that resume, and they are not in the top 20.

* aggies - Lost to the only good team they played. The rest of this completey ridiculous schedule includes: Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, Arky. Real juggerknot there. Btw - they have the 112th ranked defense in the country. You really want to defend this as a top 9 resume?

These guys deserve to be above teams like UCLA, Oklahoma, Miami? Whom are all undefeated and have wins against ranked opponents? What a fucking joke.