• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion - Translating Boren's comment

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be argumentative, but I think this is far too simplistic. UCF is 1 of 5 DI football programs. FSU and Florida are already establish in the market. Miami is not a slouch either. That is a tough road to overcome. CSU only has Colorado. Money and a conference are not going to magically get them on par with Florida and FSU. They will need the money and a once in a generation type coach. I think I would rather bet on population trends and pu tmy money of CSU. They just have to compete with Colorado. It does not seem the President has athletics as a priority

THANK YOU, shoot CSU can take over there state in the 1st year, its not like CU has a grip on that fanbase.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but their state is WORTHLESS

Colorado is growing in population, with your logic we should just add Houston. 5th biggest program in the state, in a talent rich area, only difference is we won't have to pay so much for our volleyball team to travel.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1998, the year after Dr. Tom retired:

teja$ 169 - 82

NU 158 - 76

THAT WAS DURING THE GOLDEN AGE FOR teja$. And you only won 11 more games over 18 years. LOL at teja$...

And I am sure you don't want to talk about the last 6 years, you know, since Mack Brown retired.

teja$ 41 - 35

NU 53 - 27

Nebraska has won 12 more games than teja$ has in the last 6 years. Let me state that again. Nebraska has won 12 more games than teja$ has in the last 6 years. Do you see where I am going with this?
LOL at teja$... again...

Sorry guy, the Oughts and Brown aren't coming back.:pound:

Thank the lucky stars Nebraska played in the shitty Big 12 North and the shitty B1G West....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but their state is WORTHLESS

I wanted a push for Florida, when FSU had a wondering eye. It would have been great to offer FSU, UCF, USF, and Miami. That would have been meaningful, but Deloss was holding out for ND.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then what is the excuse for teja$? Pick of the litter in the state, tons of money. I guess teja$ just sucks...:pound:

Coaching has been the problem. Refer to Miami and USC.....Plus, when you pussies left, you took away our guaranteed win....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umass and New mexico probably breathing a sigh of relief since this might help them get into a conference that gets raided.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Florida schools? This is simple.

UCF is the LARGEST SCHOOL IN THE STATE. There is no comparison here.......I'd take that over BYU or Cincy in a heartbeat.

MUCH easier to build that program up. Too many built in advantages that the others simply don't have.

We're placing a bet on futures.......UCF with P5 money is a safer bet than anything else I've seen.

Yeah, it's uh...it's a big commuter school

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 2¢. I am deeply concerned that the national economy is going to tank in the not too distant future and stay sick as a poisoned pup for an extended period of time. U.S. fiscal policy is doomed to fail and our politicians/Janet Reno should be held criminally liable for what they are doing to this country. In short, it's going to get really shitty and when that happens revenue for all universities is going to suffer along with everything else. That is going to affect college athletic departments too. I can only see serious problems for a conference that would be depending on small, weak new members to "develop" their athletic programs with what I see coming. We need to stay at 10 schools and David Boren can go fuck himself. If OU wins enough games we're in the playoff without all this drama.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 2¢. I am deeply concerned that the national economy is going to tank in the not too distant future and stay sick as a poisoned pup for an extended period of time. U.S. fiscal policy is doomed to fail and our politicians/Janet Reno should be held criminally liable for what they are doing to this country. In short, it's going to get really shitty and when that happens revenue for all universities is going to suffer along with everything else. That is going to affect college athletic departments too. I can only see serious problems for a conference that would be depending on small, weak new members to "develop" their athletic programs with what I see coming. We need to stay at 10 schools and David Boren can go fuck himself. If OU wins enough games we're in the playoff without all this drama.

Get ready Goldbug. There will be a second round of ARM loans that will be defaulting at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017. The housing market is about to get extremely shitty once again. Why Bill Clinton has not been imprisoned for being responsible with his bullshit bill of how "every American should be able to own a home" that he signed back in the mid 90's, is beyond me.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready Goldbug. There will be a second round of ARM loans that will be defaulting at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017. The housing market is about to get extremely shitty once again. Why Bill Clinton has not been imprisoned for being responsible with his bullshit bill of how "every American should be able to own a home" that he signed back in the mid 90's, is beyond me.

We now fund a lot of our deals with private equity. It is daunting the amount of money that has been given to bad deals over the past few years by private equity investors. Now the private equity firms are scrambling to invest in companies that actually make money even if we don't always align with their precious social/political agenda. But it's too late for the economy as a whole; there has been too much damage already done to the system. And you are absolutely right, Exes; the ARM's will soon start going teats up and the real estate market will stick its ass in the air again. And the Big 12 thinks now is the time to take a flyer on some athletic gnats? LMAO! Boren's not on drugs; he's just too damn old and stubborn to have this much influence on decisions he won't have to live with for the next 25 years.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If USC, Texas, OU, tOSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida State, joined BYU as independents and agreed to play each other every year in football...there might be just a little bit of demand for watching those games.
This just might be the face of the next round of "expansion".

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which sounds to me like they just want to move to a new conference.
Not sure how many "great" teams they would play just by changing conferences. If they go B1G, they could renew the rivalry with Nebraska, and have great teams like tOSU and Michigan. Some good teams like Sparty and Wisky. They'd also have Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, etal. Hell, they already play ISU, Kansas and Tech...which are essentially the same. Same with the PAC. The SEC has less of 'em...especially the West.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they don't have to share with coat tail hangers. Only problem is they won't qualify for the playoffs because they don't have any Kansas, Oregon State, Pudues, etc to play and they will probably all have 3-4 losses!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they don't have to share with coat tail hangers. Only problem is they won't qualify for the playoffs because they don't have any Kansas, Oregon State, Pudues, etc to play and they will probably all have 3-4 losses!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a national reporter talking today. Said he wonders if Texas is starting to get tired of always being in the place of helping smaller programs reach success, referring to some things they've done for schools like Baylor, TCU and others.

He then talked about how Texas is not going to be the one to block anyone such as Houston from joining. This is where I heard the first talk of the rumors swirling that it's the other schools in the state, i.e. Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, who dont want Houston coming into the conference.