• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 20, PLAYOFFS, Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Raymond James Stadium, Divisional Playoff Weekend, Sunday, 01/23/22 12:00PM PST

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, kinda a related story....

My SIL and his College buddies have a group of 8 Season tickets, really nice seats too!

But one of those dudes is a diehard 49ers fan, a little Asian guy, super cool, and loves good football so he enjoys watching the Mc Vay led Rams since they moved to LA with his College buddies.

For the Wild Card game last week everyone was drunk, and he got into a little scuffle which brought attention to him, and of course this dummy was wearing Red, so the mob mentality took over as the Rams fans accused him of being a Cardinals fan.

:lol:

Long story short, the mob forced him to take off his red shirt, and someone threw him a Rams jersey, and they made him wear it for the rest of the game!

It's going to be interesting to see if he has the balls to wear his SF jersey next week!

If he does, I'll have my daughter take a pic, and I'll post it in the game thread!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the Rams fell or fall asleep with a big lead. Kupp messed up big too with the fumble. These players have to stay focused and learn how to put these teams away. That’s coaching but you also have to hang on to the dam ball
My head was shaking with that last TO right before Tampa tied it up with their last TD, and maybe McVay saw something and felt he needed to call the TO there, but it gave the booth time to look at the down marker and possible move the LOS from a 4th down & inches to a 1st and Goal!

Also the Stafford fumble, I had no idea why we were in the shotgun. I guess if Stafford is not ready he could have fumbled it behind Center there too, but the Rams were in FG range, and ended up being lucky they didn't give up a scoop and score!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My head was shaking with that last TO right before Tampa tied it up with their last TD, and maybe McVay saw something and felt he needed to call the TO there, but it gave the booth time to look at the down marker and possible move the LOS from a 4th down & inches to a 1st and Goal!

Also the Stafford fumble, I had no idea why we were in the shotgun. I guess if Stafford is not ready he could have fumbled it behind Center there too, but the Rams were in FG range, and ended up being lucky they didn't give up a scoop and score!
That fumble was not Stafford, but Brian Allen. The Rams had been giving Stafford Lions flashbacks with how much they let him down in that game. Glad he came through clutch at the end, because had they lost that game nobody would want to mention he had 0 turnovers, but his teammates lost 4 fumbles, it somehow still would have been his fault.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to come on here after that game and be excited about the Rams chances moving forward, but not one game this weekend was easy.

Sure the Rams had the best chance of doing just that, but they beat the World Champs in Tampa and now are just two home games away from winning it all!

That fact alone should be enough to get any Rams fan excited.

So with that I am going to make a few statements...

• McVay - He is a keeper. Sure he gives us all those head shaking moments, or as bunc puts it 'WTF counts', but I'm gonna say high 20s as the answer to the question ... 'How many NFL fan bases would easily trade away their No 1 talent to get Sean as their HC?' Sean turned around the Rams from decades as the NFL's punch line to a perennial winner and in the conversation as a legit SB winner!
  • Stafford - Showed his worth with the 47s remaining in 4th quarter to win it yesterday! Not gonna gonna question the value of the trade ever again.
  • Cam - Two huge turnovers yesterday, but with that, I'm stunned he is even playing at all, hopefully that is it for shaking all the rust off!
  • 49ers - I called it after the SoFi loss in Week 18 and here we are needing to get over the hump with these guys in the real game that counts! FWIW - I also called a Rams win too!
  • 2 Home Wins - Just two home wins away from hoisting the Lombardi Trophy! A crazy lucky scenario for a 4 Seed! That has to be the Football Gods smiling down upon the Los Angeles Rams!!
REJOICE MY RAMS' BRETHREN!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fumble was not Stafford, but Brian Allen. The Rams had been giving Stafford Lions flashbacks with how much they let him down in that game. Glad he came through clutch at the end, because had they lost that game nobody would want to mention he had 0 turnovers, but his teammates lost 4 fumbles, it somehow still would have been his fault.
Never said it was Stafford's fault, but it goes in the books as a Stafford fumble.

And I disagree with you about blaming him if the Rams lost. Had they lost there were plenty of hero to goats in yesterday's game and none of them wore a No 9 Jersey!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was Stafford's fault, but it goes in the books as a Stafford fumble.

And I disagree with you about blaming him if the Rams lost. Had they lost there were plenty of hero to goats in yesterday's game and none of them wore a No 9 Jersey!
Maybe my view of him taking the blame is skewed by a few in the NFL forum trying just that. Looking back through those it seems like it was mostly one dude with most disagreeing with him. So I was probably wrong there.

The fumble did actually go down as a Brian Allen fumble in the books. I do wonder in a botched snap how they decide who in the exchange is at fault.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my view of him taking the blame is skewed by a few in the NFL forum trying just that. Looking back through those it seems like it was mostly one dude with most disagreeing with him. So I was probably wrong there.

The fumble did actually go down as a Brian Allen fumble in the books. I do wonder in a botched snap how they decide who in the exchange is at fault.
Yeah the crowd noise about NFL QB value/worth can be deafening at times..

This was the exact impetus that engendered our infamous or famous thread (However you see it) here on the Rams board aka 'THE MASTER VENT THREAD'.

So if any team board here on the Hoop gets it, we get it.

As far as the fumbled shot gun snap goes, it seems like those always go to the QB, but might be given to the last person to touch or likely posses the ball.

Either way, I was looking for big game wins by Matt and he gave us mixed reviews in the regular season with losses that he played his worst and wins were he played his best. Once he got the monkey off his back regarding big wins last week, the Stafford talent vs team debate, as far as this Rams fan is concerned, is over!

He has answered his two question marks that began after the trade regarding the trade value proposition.
  • Durability - 17 Regular Season starts and 2 Post Season starts answers that question.
  • Post Season/Big Game Ability - Won 2 games vs the GOAT, and split with Murray, lost another but besting KM in the Wild Card Weekend turned his critics to crickets!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play where the ball was hiked without Stafford even setting the play wasn't a Stafford fumble. Who knows why Allen hiked the ball. Brain fart I guess. That is not on Stafford in any way. Matt was looking over the defense his hands were not in position to catch the ball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O boy did Tom get pissed with the split lip.
The penalty was fun to watch at my house.

That was great. He gets flagged after saying recently that he gets away with abusing the refs. That'll teach you to flap your gums to the media, lol.