• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears 4-2 @ Washington 5-2

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing no one else wanted to start a thread,Im retired and bored as hell,so I guess Ill do it.....

I had this game circled as a win in my 10 win prediction,but now it has me scared......
Even tho,our team is playing better than beginning of the season,we are hurt and not looking good yet as them being healthy enough to make it back Sunday.........
The opponents we have faced and beat has been the Titans( gift wrapped int for the win),Rams ( without Kupp and Nacua),Jags and the Panthers......
Washington is better than I oriiginally thought,and Daniels has the earlier lead for ROY(which CW has closed the gap),and he has that offense humming......
I really want JD to play for the reasons of a legit win(ne excuse of injured qb and CW out play him to keep pundits saying we may have taken the wrong qb.......

I think this game was originally a noon game and flexed to 3:25,but I could be wrong.......and its ok by me,I like playing in 2nd half of the day.

Got my fingers crossed:
Bears 32 - 27

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing no one else wanted to start a thread,Im retired and bored as hell,so I guess Ill do it.....

I had this game circled as a win in my 10 win prediction,but now it has me scared......
Even tho,our team is playing better than beginning of the season,we are hurt and not looking good yet as them being healthy enough to make it back Sunday.........
The opponents we have faced and beat has been the Titans( gift wrapped int for the win),Rams ( without Kupp and Nacua),Jags and the Panthers......
Washington is better than I oriiginally thought,and Daniels has the earlier lead for ROY(which CW has closed the gap),and he has that offense humming......
I really want JD to play for the reasons of a legit win(ne excuse of injured qb and CW out play him to keep pundits saying we may have taken the wrong qb.......

I think this game was originally a noon game and flexed to 3:25,but I could be wrong.......and its ok by me,I like playing in 2nd half of the day.

Got my fingers crossed:
Bears 32 - 27
Unless there's beeen an medical update, the Commanders had three starters as of yesterday who did not practice, compared to our two. And one of theirs was QB Jayden Daniels, so at this point I'd say if anything they're worse off from a health perspective.

We should obviously take every team seriously and the Commanders are no exception. They've been playing great football and at this point deserve to be in the conversation for postseason play. But you say we've been winning because we've faced inferior competition. But so have the Commanders, yet you didn't touch on that. They've beaten the Giants, the Bengals (who were not at full strength at the time they played them), the Cardinals, the Browns, and the Panthers. Not one of those wins were against a team with a +.500 record. And three of them have to this date only two wins or less. Their two losses? Against the Ravens and Bucs, both clubs with winning records.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score just reported that Brisker and Gordon are not playing......bummer

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's beeen an medical update, the Commanders had three starters as of yesterday who did not practice, compared to our two. And one of theirs was QB Jayden Daniels, so at this point I'd say if anything they're worse off from a health perspective.

We should obviously take every team seriously and the Commanders are no exception. They've been playing great football and at this point deserve to be in the conversation for postseason play. But you say we've been winning because we've faced inferior competition. But so have the Commanders, yet you didn't touch on that. They've beaten the Giants, the Bengals (who were not at full strength at the time they played them), the Cardinals, the Browns, and the Panthers. Not one of those wins were against a team with a +.500 record. And three of them have to this date only two wins or less. Their two losses? Against the Ravens and Bucs, both clubs with winning records.

That is true.......

But we played some horrible teams as to where the Bengals are far better than any team we beat,as the Cardinals,one week they look great,next week they play horrible.....

All these talk shows I watch everyday,they do not believe in us......one even called the teams we played and beat "tomato cans"......lol
And its all 3 that Ive watched.....

They have even gone on to say the schedule makers have gifted us the begining of the season.......and wait till week 10.

I like to be a realist instead of me looking at our team with rose colored glasses on and am kinda buying into that.....
Id like to see more,but you play vs what they gave us......and right now its been punching bags.....

I think beating Washington will wash some of that thought away.......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisker and Gordon make it easier, but right now they are so deep they can't even get to the point of activating Steward or Speed onto the active roster.

Tough game to call, due to not knowing which QB we are getting. Maybe with the Washington running game Sanborn might play a few more snaps before they go nickel.

On a side note, Tua is declining the guardian helmet cover due to personal reasons. I sure hope he learned how to slide.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn reportrd that Daniels practiced,although reports say he didnt.....
Quinn went on to say Jayden pushed it and he will be a game time decision......
Jaydens interview he said he wants to play,but its not up to him.....
And they wanna see how he progresses after todays practice next 48 hrs.......

Sounds to me Quinn is still not wanting to showhis hand.......

I believe he is not.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn reportrd that Daniels practiced,although reports say he didnt.....
Quinn went on to say Jayden pushed it and he will be a game time decision......
Jaydens interview he said he wants to play,but its not up to him.....
And they wanna see how he progresses after todays practice next 48 hrs.......

Sounds to me Quinn is still not wanting to showhis hand.......

I believe he is not.....
Here's the thing...

It really doesn't matter, in terms of game planning. He can play tricks with the injury report/news all he wants.

I am not saying that Marcus Mariota = Jayden Daniels. However, they're both mobile QB's that get out of the pocket and play a similar style. Preparing for one isn't all that different from preparing for the other. Both run the same offense, in a similar way and the playbook is available to them in the same ways. Sure, it seems (early on) that Daniels does everything Mariota does "better"... but it's not like we're preparing for an entirely different offense. In the case that one plays instead of the other.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which QB won't much matter if we take away their run game. The key here is their run game. Stop it and we win. I hope it's the focus.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Bears win if Mariota starts, despite how he looked last week in their win over the Panthers.

If it's Daniels? Tossup.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which QB won't much matter if we take away their run game. The key here is their run game. Stop it and we win. I hope it's the focus.
The only problem is underestimating Mariota in the run game. He is still 4.5 speed who was clocked at 21 mph in his pro debut. I also heard on the radio he was clocked at 23 since then. We hear that more about baseball players running the bases because I am sure there are bear defenders that can get there too, but its not like this guy is not going to take off too.

10-11 on the drives last week that ended in TD passes with a 132 QBR last week, even though it was against the Panthers, but hey, our fans had put our QB in the HOF after the carolina game.

So its not saying Mariota can beat us by himself, its saying the bears cant sleep on his ability.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Bears win if Mariota starts, despite how he looked last week in their win over the Panthers.

If it's Daniels? Tossup.
Disagree. Bears are the better team. We have to start winning these road games to prove it to the world. I think were better in all 3 phases.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Bears are the better team. We have to start winning these road games to prove it to the world. I think were better in all 3 phases.
Objectively speaking these 2 teams are pretty similar and close in talent.

Why I said the Bears win if Mariota plays.....I doubt he can repeat that performance.

But, if Daniels plays....and is healthy? It's a tossup, could go either way IMO.

I do agree they need to show they can win on the road. But, 2 losses by a combined 11 points so it hasn't been bad road losses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Objectively? We got a top 3 defense and a offense with much better weapons and our STs have been great. We are on the road and this is not a gimme game I know. But we are clearly not similar in talent. Outside of good looking rookie QBs there is a world of difference in these teams as a whole..

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why I said the Bears win if Mariota plays.....I doubt he can repeat that performance.

But, if Daniels plays....and is healthy? It's a tossup, could go either way IMO.

I do agree they need to show they can win on the road. But, 2 losses by a combined 11 points so it hasn't been bad road losses.
I think the bears are probably better in talent, I think the Commandos have better coaching on all phases.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels expected play......yes. :yes:

Should be a fun game to watch.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the Bears are gonna have to do it themselves because we ain’t getting sh*t for help in the other games 8 weeks in.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude…This team is never ready quarter 1. It’s infuriating.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not theowing to the sticks on 3rd down will always grind my gears.