• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jags 1-4 vs Bears 3-2

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I wanted to comment on was the huge and I mean HUGE crowd at the stadium in favor of the Bears. Sure, they were the "home team", but London is known as the Jaguars second home for a reason. They've played there way more than any other team - in fact, they remained behind because they're playing another game over there this Sunday. So even tho the Bears were dubbed the home team, I was expecting a large turnout of Jag fans, even a majority wouldn't have surprised me. It was really cool to see all those Bears fans showing up.
yep, it made me think of last year when the Chiefs refused to play the bears in London because even though they would have been the home team, the bears would have had the advantage. Well, that and losing the gate to one of their home games in KC.

Also nice to see Monty get rewarded with almost 19 million more in new money (10. something guaranteed) that keeps him in detroit thru 2027. I bet he gets nominated again this week on angry runs, he already has 2 scepters, and should have had the third when he was carried 10 yards by his offensive line. Maybe swift turned the corner here, but thats a move Poles should have never had to make.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, it made me think of last year when the Chiefs refused to play the bears in London because even though they would have been the home team, the bears would have had the advantage. Well, that and losing the gate to one of their home games in KC.

Also nice to see Monty get rewarded with almost 19 million more in new money (10. something guaranteed) that keeps him in detroit thru 2027. I bet he gets nominated again this week on angry runs, he already has 2 scepters, and should have had the third when he was carried 10 yards by his offensive line. Maybe swift turned the corner here, but thats a move Poles should have never had to make.
He's been a much more effective runner since joining the Lions. I would credit a large part of this due to a far superior OL than the one he ran behind during his stint with the Bears. But I always admired his ability to fight for those extra few yards. I'm glad we have Swift, he's faster and more versatile, but I always did like Monty.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, some crazy stats here, with two of them being pretty embarrasing for our franchise:

3. The Bears scored 5 offensive touchdowns in back-to-back games for first time since 1956​

10. Keenan Allen and Cole Kmet because first Bears duo with 2 touchdowns or more since 1970​

Can't believe it's been 68 friggin' years since we had back-back games with 5 offensive TDs. Not even in the Super Bowl era? I would have lost a bar bet on that one. And no Bears duo each caught two TDs in a single game since '70? Sheesh. Caleb has the record books wide open for him in the coming years. Apparently it won't take much to set a bunch of them.