• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jags 1-4 vs Bears 3-2

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time you've had one since Jim McMahon?

Caleb is definitely someone to get excited about with the way he's playing...
Cutler gave me some QB boners. Hell, even Mitch in that 2018 season had a 6 TD game and two other 4 TD games, I believe.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:
*Offense continues to grow & gel. It's beginning to look like what we imagined prior to the start of the season.
*Defense really stood up considering we were missing two key starters in the secondary and that the Jags seemed to find their groove last week.
*Williams was really threading the needle on some of his passes. And when the pass blocking collapsed, he pulled several Houdinis getting out of trouble.
*Speaking of Caleb, he accounted for 278 yards of offense, 56 of which were on the ground. Oh and 4 TD passes. Yep, 4 TD passes.
*And isn't it nice to have a QB that goes thru his reads without panicking?
*Two of those TD passes were caught by Keenan Allen, the other two by Kmet, including that 31 yard dazzler by Williams (play of the game).
*And speaking of Kmet, he gets the nod for NFL long snapper of the week, having been pressed into rare duty from that position.
*D'Andre Swift is showing why Poles inked him to a contract. 91 yards rushing on 17 attempts and another 28 from 4 catches.
*Our boyz 9th straight game going back to last season where the opponent has been held to under 21 points. We have a pretty damn good D.

The bad:
Another slow start by the offense. Obviously it didn't affect the outcome, but when we face better teams, we'll need to get off to quicker starts.
The OL by no means played poorly and the run blocking was spot on. But they're still not giving Caleb enough time.

The ugly:
That floating INT Caleb threw. Holy shit, was it Moore who was open by a mile? Just a normal throw would have meant another 6 points.

Game balls - offense:
Caleb Williams (duh)
Cole Kmet
D'Andre Swift
Keenan Allen

Game balls - defense:
TJ Edwards
Kevin Byard
Kyler Gordon - at least while he was still in the game
Demarcus Walker
Montez Sweat
The Jags receivers

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game balls - offense:
Caleb Williams (duh)
Cole Kmet
D'Andre Swift
Keenan Allen

Ronald Darby*

His ability to extend that drive to make it a 3 score game right after the Jags cut it to 11 was huge. Two third down "conversions" where he couldn't keep his hands off the receiver.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronald Darby*

His ability to extend that drive to make it a 3 score game right after the Jags cut it to 11 was huge. Two third down "conversions" where he couldn't keep his hands off the receiver.
Yeah, gotta say defensive penalties did help kill the Jags today. But that's also a testimony to the Bears receivers juking the secondary, forcing them to hold or cause PI.

One thing I should have included for the game positivesfor the Bears was a refreshing lack of penalties. I think it was one motion and a false start? Can't remember, but the result was only 2 for 10 yards, which is the fewest we've had in a loooooooooong time.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, gotta say defensive penalties did help kill the Jags today. But that's also a testimony to the Bears receivers juking the secondary, forcing them to hold or cause PI.

One thing I should have included for the game positivesfor the Bears was a refreshing lack of penalties. I think it was one motion and a false start? Can't remember, but the result was only 2 for 10 yards, which is the fewest we've had in a loooooooooong time.

Absolutely. The WRs helped cause them, but those penalties were HUGE for that drive.

The lack of penalties was great, I wasn't watching closely on the illegal motion but it didn't even look like it was that blatant of a penalty either

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...The rest of the division could start losing a little bit. Just sayin'. Conference too, while I'm at it.
Yeah we’re 4-2 and tied for last place in the division…

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. The WRs helped cause them, but those penalties were HUGE for that drive.

The lack of penalties was great, I wasn't watching closely on the illegal motion but it didn't even look like it was that blatant of a penalty either
Agreed, and the announcers agreed as well. They commented on several occasions how the Jags D kept the Bears O on the field thru penalties, with that one drive in particular.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot duh behind Kmets name.......lol

He had a whale of a game.......including from the ls position.....
Fair enough: Kmet (duh)

You're right, he did have himself a whale of a game. Yeah he had some receptions and a couple of TDs, those were definitely cool. But to come thru in an emergency like he did with the long snapping was in and of itself worthy of a game ball.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, he did have himself a whale of a game. Yeah he had some receptions and a couple of TDs, those were definitely cool. But to come thru in an emergency like he did with the long snapping was in and of itself worthy of a game ball.
Kmet is a great player, but he does need to cut the pre-snap penalties waaay down. He's good for a minimum of two a game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even begin to tell y'all how fucking excited I am about Caleb Williams. So much talent, so much moxie, so fucking heady. This kid is special af.

Benching Davis was a godsend. Kinda fucking worries me that our coaches didn't see it sooner, but I digress. Swift had been great, but his after contact yards are still annoying af. If there is no space, he is basically nothing.

I cannot stress enough how awesome that back-shoulder TD throw to Allen was. BIGTIME BIGTIME BIGTIME fuckin throw. He played exceptional today.

I like the bye time, in that we have some injuries, but I also hate to see the momentum stalled.

I know it's been two pretty crappy teams, but we bitch-slapped those crappy teams, and that's all you can hope for. Can't wait to see it grow.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler gave me some QB boners. Hell, even Mitch in that 2018 season had a 6 TD game and two other 4 TD games, I believe.

Smokin' Jay had his moments man.

Crazy...Both Justin and Mitch played 12 games in their first seasons, respectively. They both had 7 passing TD's in those seasons.

Caleb has 9 in his first 6.

How does it go? Ball don't lie.

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even begin to tell y'all how fucking excited I am about Caleb Williams. So much talent, so much moxie, so fucking heady. This kid is special af.

Benching Davis was a godsend. Kinda fucking worries me that our coaches didn't see it sooner, but I digress. Swift had been great, but his after contact yards are still annoying af. If there is no space, he is basically nothing.

I cannot stress enough how awesome that back-shoulder TD throw to Allen was. BIGTIME BIGTIME BIGTIME fuckin throw. He played exceptional today.

I like the bye time, in that we have some injuries, but I also hate to see the momentum stalled.

I know it's been two pretty crappy teams, but we bitch-slapped those crappy teams, and that's all you can hope for. Can't wait to see it grow.

I'm not excited about our post-Davis O-line just yet until more results are seen against better opponents...but that Pryor dude is big and scrappy. Sometimes you gotta let those unknowns have a chance. If a player is sucking, move on. We rode Davis WAY too long because of his contract. F*ck that sh*t. Davis didn't deserve the leash he was given. That's the kind of leash you give to an aging player that has been exceptional for your team...not an overpaid free agent that had a handful of good games. Good grief.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya,that first td breaking a tackle or two and stretching for that td was spectacular........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,577.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know it's been two pretty crappy teams, but we bitch-slapped those crappy teams, and that's all you can hope for. Can't wait to see it grow.

Youre right,thats what your suppose to do vs these lesser teams......Not win ugly with a gift wrapped pick six like Levis handed us.....

And yes,Im glad that bye showed up,our dbacks along with a couple olineman ready to come back is well needed......