• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Mizzou not accepted the SEC offer WVU is in the SEC, simple as that.

The ACC will have no choice but take WVU once the domino's start rolling. Christ you clowns let Louisville in, yet you think there's no chance WVU gets in?

Get real turkey.

Why would they have no choice? The way I see it, if Texas ended up joining the ACC and converting the LHN into the ACC network, Notre Dame wouldn't be far behind officially joining for football, thus making 16 teams. WVU would not be needed. WVU would either have to then beg either the SEC or B1G to let them in, stay where they are and hope things get better (not likely since I doubt Oklahoma, OK St or Kansas would stick around after Texas departs) or go to the AAC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it gets bad enough and both are unhappy (its not for now) then I could see OU and WVU making propositions to the SEC for their new west and east members. I don't think OSU is a serious option, no need for 2 teams from Oklahoma for the SEC and WVU was close to being a member of the SEC last go round anyway.
Kansas makes more sense than WVU due to the population size of the state. I don't see WVU ever being invited into the SEC it just doesn't make financial sense.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they have no choice? The way I see it, if Texas ended up joining the ACC and converting the LHN into the ACC network, Notre Dame wouldn't be far behind officially joining for football, thus making 16 teams. WVU would not be needed. WVU would either have to then beg either the SEC or B1G to let them in, stay where they are and hope things get better (not likely since I doubt Oklahoma, OK St or Kansas would stick around after Texas departs) or go to the AAC.

There is no reason to think Texas will join the ACC. I was assuming this and that the ACC will lose 4 schools (2 each) to the B10 and SEC. WVU would absolutely be in play then.

WVU will never be able to join the B10 because of the AAU status.

The SEC, while making sense would look to the states Virginia and North Carolina first to add (again assuming the B1O does this too.

However at the end of the day, Texas ain't going anywhere because Texas can only be Texas in the B12. Plain and simple.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 will be the conference to fold. Texas will have to go somewhere. OU will go to the Pac.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already have what KU would bring as far as tv market in Mizzu. Not a fit.
Nope Mizzu is in Missouri and Kansas is in the state of Kansas so two different markets. It's not the eyeballs on the screen it's what you can charge for the network and that is usually 1.50 to 2 dollars per set in the states where you have teams.

Probably won't have that many more watching the games but will reap millions in additional revenue.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope Mizzu is in Missouri and Kansas is in the state of Kansas so two different markets. It's not the eyeballs on the screen it's what you can charge for the network and that is usually 1.50 to 2 dollars per set in the states where you have teams.

Probably won't have that many more watching the games but will reap millions in additional revenue.

That's why I think the ACC is doomed, Virginia and North Carolina are huge markets for the SEC and BIG. Weren't you the one that posted an article saying the only way the SEC can raise the payout per team is adding schools in these states?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think the ACC is doomed, Virginia and North Carolina are huge markets for the SEC and BIG. Weren't you the one that posted an article saying the only way the SEC can raise the payout per team is adding schools in these states?
The ACC isn't going to fold anytime soon.

The SEC is not going to proactively expand but will reactively expand if the opportunity came that they couldn't pass up.

The Big 12 is most likely to fold of the P5 and the PAC is most likely to be proactive on expansion.

All the tea leaves point to the PAC taking Texas and OU if anything happens.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC is not going to proactively expand but will reactively expand if the opportunity came that they couldn't pass up.

The Big 12 is most likely to fold of the P5 and the PAC is most likely to be proactive on expansion.

All the tea leaves point to the PAC taking Texas and OU if anything happens.

Only problem is Texas and OU like money, and the PAC 12 network doesn't make enough.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is Texas and OU like money, and the PAC 12 network doesn't make enough.
As it is structured now but if they gave up equity (like the B1G and SEC) there is plenty of money on the table.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the tea leaves point to the PAC taking Texas and OU if anything happens.[/QUOTE]

This is just a matter of time.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma is not going to the SEC.

That is the 4th choice of the Oklahoma people (Boren despises the SEC and Stoops hates it as well).
And OU is maybe the 2nd or 3rd choice of the SEC (as Virginia and North Carolina are culturally and financially better states)

Unless, they get rejected by the PAC, Big 10, ACC, and the Big 12 is horrible....they are not going SEC.

Boren and Stoops would both have to be gone first, before OU considers that option.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the 4th choice of the Oklahoma people (Boren despises the SEC and Stoops hates it as well).
And OU is maybe the 2nd or 3rd choice of the SEC (as Virginia and North Carolina are culturally and financially better states)

Unless, they get rejected by the PAC, Big 10, ACC, and the Big 12 is horrible....they are not going SEC.

Boren and Stoops would both have to be gone first, before OU considers that option.
LOL...OU wouldn't go to the SEC because it would guarantee no playoff birth for at least a decade.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course the big thing before Texas goes to another conference is what would any conference interested in taking them do about the LHN?

But do you really think any of the VA or NC schools are going to leave the ACC?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the big thing before Texas goes to another conference is what would any conference interested in taking them do about the LHN?

Question for the Texas posters...what is Texas's revenue when combining the conference payout and the LHN? I don't know that I've seen a number.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Virginia Tech certainly would leave immediately. They have no long standing attachment to the ACC (2004??).
They totally fit the SEC culture as a southern football first big state school.

NC State would be a tougher pull as the Tobacco Road power would block it.
Plus, NC State still feels more like an urban basketball first school....depending on how you view Raleigh.

I don't see the SEC doing anything anytime soon. There is zero rush.

But, when they do.....it wont be Texas or Oklahoma.
It will be the NC and VA regions.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is, Texas would have to walk away from 15mil a year and no conference network is making anything close to that right now, and with espn cutting costs I doubt any network will.

That depends, the ACC makes the least amount of money, going to the BIG or SEC would be a HUGE monetary jump for any ACC school. In the BIG they could also keep rubbing elbows with other great schools.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the Texas posters...what is Texas's revenue when combining the conference payout and the LHN? I don't know that I've seen a number.

Honestly I'm not sure, but every other Nebraska poster on here should be able to tell you. Nobody keeps up with UT stuff like the husker fans on these boards.