• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hear anyone in the SEC, ACC, B1G or PAC bitching about this stuff as everyone is on bd with the program. You might here some bitching about more money but not inequality.

Out of all the other P5 schools only the ACC had one defection, Maryland, and no one gave a crap about that one. The Big 12 has had 4 defection with 2 of them being major players in the league.

You're toxic bro and it's time to look in the mirror.

It is actually a poison pill. It is a major reason there is a Big 12 today. Outside of that is virtually meaningless. In reality LHN is actually making OU, WV, and Kansas more money than a conference network. I can not prove that, but their payouts are higher currently than what I believe a Big 12 network would bring in. I have continually said the Big 12 has fundamental issues that go well beyond a conference network. The reason we talk about LHN is because that is easy to understand and people love to hate the rich. Makes for good media. Talking about having the smallest population footprint is boring. Talking about how 70% of that footprint is in 1 state is met with a snore. Talking about 40% of the league being non-flagship schools induces a yawn. Does anyone know how to fix the fact that 20% of the league is small private schools? Recruiting grounds are Texas and not much else, but how wants to talk about that?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not one adds any real monetary value for a conference network

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 useless schools who add zero academics, zero recruiting, and zero revenue.

Take those 25 shit schools and stick them up your ass Boren.

The freaking Board at Oklahoma thinks you are an idiot your lone wolf idiotic expansion ideas.

You will get your wish soon and be out of the Big 12. Oklahoma's Board will fire you soon.

You don't have complete power and speak for Oklahoma as some crazy random voice.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 useless schools who add zero academics, zero recruiting, and zero revenue.

Take those 25 shit schools and stick them up your ass Boren.

The freaking Board at Oklahoma thinks you are an idiot your lone wolf idiotic expansion ideas.

You will get your wish soon and be out of the Big 12. Oklahoma's Board will fire you soon.

You don't have complete power and speak for Oklahoma as some crazy random voice.

I don't want any of those deadbeats either, man, but calm down. Here are recent statements by Boren.

"It's going to take a unified action by the conference," Boren told reporters after Oklahoma's regents meeting. "This is the kind of decision that has to be reached by consensus. It's not the kind of decision where we can say it was 8-2 or something. Consensus will be formed, or it won't.

"And the consensus could be we do nothing."

"I'm not out to get Texas. If we did something, you've got to make Texas financially whole. You can't expect them to give up $15 million ... unless [they're] compensated for that. Somehow, the conference has to get that $15 million back to them," Boren said. "You've got to devise a revenue distribution that lets them get paid back for the $15 million a year they're giving out."

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissolving the Big 12 would be good for college football in the long run. They have been on life support for 6 years. Let these B12 teams go to conferences where they have a fighting chance of succeeding.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we're toxic. WE'RE TOXIC OH NOES, OH NOES

What I see are a bunch of whiny, jealous babies. And it's rolling downhill: first it was Nebraska and the Aggies, then it fell to Missourians (Colorado is an outlier, not sure what their problem was/is) and now since they're all gone, now Oklahoma is feeling the toxic burn...

Give me a friggin break.

like I said before, go ahead an blow this bitch up, Oklahoma. Then you can sit around the camp fire with the Huskers, Ags and Missourians and talk about the hard days of being under Texas' thumb.

I mean, seriously. Texas is the boogyman, they are more powerful than NEBRASKA AND OKLAHOMA..? Give me a BREAK. I just cant believe the seriousness of this.

Texas should just walk away, to hell with this. Walk away, go somewhere else where we can find a new group to Lord over. What a joke.

This is the perfect idea.

Then we get A&M back, OU cant leave, and maybe even have Nebraska in the region. That would be priceless.

You are leaving out Arkansas

How the Texas Longhorns Diminished College Football in Texas

The Real Killer of the Southwest Conference

Wow, rumors of OU leaving the Big 8 to join the SEC.

WHAT IF ARKANSAS LEAVES? SOUTHWEST CONSIDERING OPTIONS TO REMAIN STRONG

COLLEGE FOOTBALL '90 : Pain Deep in Heart of Texas : College football: The loss of Arkansas to the Southeastern Conference has Texas and Texas A&M looking elsewhere and leaves the Southwest Conference a very worried one-state league.

tidbit from 1990

The presidents of both schools announced late last week that Texas and Texas A&M would remain in the SWC and were "committed to doing everything possible to strengthen the conference and make it successful."

How did that work out?

1990 A&M was thinking of going SEC also.

Arkansas: Sec's 11th Member

Wait... SEC gave an ultimatum to Texas and A&M back in 1990

SEC officials have given Texas and Texas A&M a deadline of October to decide if they want to join the conference, The Dallas Morning News reported today. And Cotton Bowl officials already are considering severing their ties with the SWC and becoming an open bowl.

Hmmm, there sure seems to be a lot of drama even before the Big 12 was even formed.

Guess who is involved?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without poaching a top tier program like FSU there would be NO INTEREST in a B12 network. Not sure why people don't grasp this.

The ONLY way to expand is to go after the big fish.....but I don't think we have the people in place with big enough balls to do it.
Without a conference network, programs like FSU have no interest in the Big12. No LHN means Big12 network.

Big12 network = greater interest from schools like FSU which has no conference network. Teams like FSU in the Big12 means more money from having a Big12 network.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any of those deadbeats either, man, but calm down. Here are recent statements by Boren.

"It's going to take a unified action by the conference," Boren told reporters after Oklahoma's regents meeting. "This is the kind of decision that has to be reached by consensus. It's not the kind of decision where we can say it was 8-2 or something. Consensus will be formed, or it won't.

"And the consensus could be we do nothing."

He backpedaled like a politician.
He thought he had far more power and influence. He honestly believed he called the shots by himself.
Hopefully, this lone wolf rogue craziness streak in him has discovered how silly it was....

Texas, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, and his own board of directors at Oklahoma told him to STFU.
If all four Texas schools PLUS Oklahoma are not in favor of something, it is silly to try and force it.

We can get back to normalcy again now that Boren put down the bottle.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a conference network, programs like FSU have no interest in the Big12. No LHN means Big12 network.

Big12 network = greater interest from schools like FSU which has no conference network. Teams like FSU in the Big12 means more money from having a Big12 network.

the deal is, who's gonna pay for a Big12 network? Espin, Fox?

Only way there is even a glimmer of someone forking over money for a network, the conference is going to need to poach some BIG NAMEs, and I don't see that happening. Cant get a network, and then hope someone comes...don't see that happening either.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are leaving out Arkansas

How the Texas Longhorns Diminished College Football in Texas

The Real Killer of the Southwest Conference

Wow, rumors of OU leaving the Big 8 to join the SEC.

WHAT IF ARKANSAS LEAVES? SOUTHWEST CONSIDERING OPTIONS TO REMAIN STRONG

COLLEGE FOOTBALL '90 : Pain Deep in Heart of Texas : College football: The loss of Arkansas to the Southeastern Conference has Texas and Texas A&M looking elsewhere and leaves the Southwest Conference a very worried one-state league.

tidbit from 1990

The presidents of both schools announced late last week that Texas and Texas A&M would remain in the SWC and were "committed to doing everything possible to strengthen the conference and make it successful."

How did that work out?

1990 A&M was thinking of going SEC also.

Arkansas: Sec's 11th Member

Wait... SEC gave an ultimatum to Texas and A&M back in 1990

SEC officials have given Texas and Texas A&M a deadline of October to decide if they want to join the conference, The Dallas Morning News reported today. And Cotton Bowl officials already are considering severing their ties with the SWC and becoming an open bowl.

Hmmm, there sure seems to be a lot of drama even before the Big 12 was even formed.

Guess who is involved?

that one article by that esteemed publication, Bleacher Report, says that the SMU death penalty was basically big bad Texas getting rid of an opponent. Said SMU with their powers could have been a counter to Texas. What a load of unmitigated bullshit.:trash:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMU and the 'governor' were cheaters. CHEATERS. Lying cheaters.

University of Texas had nothing to do with them being CHEATERS.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMU and the 'governor' were cheaters. CHEATERS. Lying cheaters.

University of Texas had nothing to do with them being CHEATERS.

It is very cute that you feel that way.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't necessarily agree with all the points, but I thought this was an interesting article to read:

Texas Should Join The Big Ten

I like it: The West would have Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska. I'd vote for that in a heartbeat.

Give it a go against the old powers that be in OSU, Michigan, MSU

That would be one helluva 16-member conference with an amazing geographic/population/timezone footprint, and would probably generate a shit-ton o' money, especially if 10 conference games were played (5 home & 5 away), consisting of 7 divisional games plus 3 crossovers. The Red River Shootout would of course be played on the final week of the regular season (Thanksgiving weekend). Yowser!

B1G - new members in BOLD CAPS

WEST
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
OKLAHOMA
TEXAS

Wisconsin

EAST
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

Let's get this done!

:thumb:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red River Shootout would of course be played on the final week of the regular season (Thanksgiving weekend).
Mt. Everest will be a mole hill before that happens. Now if you had said Nebraska-Oklahoma for the final week I think you would have every Nebraska and Oklahoma fan on board.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the deal is, who's gonna pay for a Big12 network? Espin, Fox?

Only way there is even a glimmer of someone forking over money for a network, the conference is going to need to poach some BIG NAMEs, and I don't see that happening. Cant get a network, and then hope someone comes...don't see that happening either.
We'll get a little better idea after Navigate makes their presentation later this month. that's what will tell the tale imo. Boren said he " has a hunch" that the results will show that a move would be worth our while but it is just a hunch at this point, we'll see.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When pressed about the viability of a Big 12 Network even being a possibility, a current conference Network insider and power player had this to offer:

"I believe the days of conference networks have kind of come and gone for the most part," the insider said. "The SEC Network feels like the last one to me. No cable or satellite distributor wants to pay for another network, not in this environment."

Yeah, Texas is going to leave 15 million on the table for the riches of a Big 12 Network.
And there is a bridge for Brooklyn for sale.

Yup. Anyone with half a brain knows tejas isn't giving up their plantation. Same reason they'll never join another conference.
It's always been an empty threat and it's cost the Big 12 footprint in Colorado and Missouri. It cost the Big 12 nationally in Nebraska, and A&M. Those 4 schools all benefited their respective conferences footprints for their networks.

Next up are the beautiful flights of national brands Oklahoma and Kansas.

Hence.....The new SWC

South

Texas
Baylor
UTEP
Rice
Houston
Texas St
Texas San Antonio

North

TCU
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St
Kansas St
Iowa St
SMU
North Texas

Tic-Toc, Tic-Toc

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Anyone with half a brain knows tejas isn't giving up their plantation. Same reason they'll never join another conference.
It's always been an empty threat and it's cost the Big 12 footprint in Colorado and Missouri. It cost the Big 12 nationally in Nebraska, and A&M. Those 4 schools all benefited their respective conferences footprints for their networks.

Next up are the beautiful flights of national brands Oklahoma and Kansas.

Hence.....The new SWC

South

Texas
Baylor
UTEP
Rice
Houston
Texas St
Texas San Antonio

North

TCU
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St
Kansas St
Iowa St
SMU
North Texas

Tic-Toc, Tic-Toc

Red_Alert and I just love throwing gasoline on the fire.

Where did West Virginia go?

I will disagree, Texas will demand that OSU be in the same division, because, well, it was that way when it was in the Big 12. Texas and Oklahoma(state of) in the same division.

I think Texas will demand OSU and dump UTEP, because Stillwater is closer than El Paso and with Texas it is always about allowing mommas to see their boys play.