• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

August, the Orioles, and the Trade Deadline all arrive: BAL @ TEX 8/1-3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn’t be interested in getting an additional SP to add to Gray and hopefully Perez to start the season off with a decent 1-3?
I wouldn't mind signing one really good pitcher and if we can get one, a very short term pitcher. The really good pitcher would be Perez unless we can get a better pitcher.

Or, if we can trade for a decent pitcher with a year of control remaining, to serve as a bridge I am fine with that too, instead of signing the short term guy.

I have no problem with Gray, Perez, Dunning, Ragans, and a short term acquisition in the rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zavala has a HR & a 2B tonight.
Crim is 2-2 with a HR as well

Bubba Thompson is 2-2 with a 3b and a SB

Carter is 2-4 with a 2B and 3 RBI

Zavala ended up with another 2B
Crim another HR
Ornelas a 3 run HR
Acuna 2 BB

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind signing one really good pitcher and if we can get one, a very short term pitcher. The really good pitcher would be Perez unless we can get a beer pitcher.

Or, if we can trade for a decent pitcher with a year of control remaining, to serve as a bridge I am fine with that too, instead of signing the short term guy.

I have no problem with Gray, Perez, Dunning, Ragans, and a short term acquisition in the rotation.

I wouldn’t mind a short term 2 year deal for Kershaw lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Howard and Hearn would make good bullpen arms?
It is worth a shot. Dunning too, eventually. Maybe Ragans as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it goes according to plan, we could be set up for a long run of contention. hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
Houston was the doormat of the league for a few years but good picks, trades and signings paid off over time. I hope we have the same skillsets to build this team back from the ashes too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zavala ended up with another 2B
Crim another HR
Ornelas a 3 run HR
Acuna 2 BB
They are all catching a second wind. Lol

Although, Ornelas never really slowed down.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t mind a short term 2 year deal for Kershaw lol
I am not going to hope for that again. If it happens, great.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to hope for that again. If it happens, great.

Think Kershaw knew the Rangers were a lot further away from contending than he wanted to be. The Dodgers are just too stacked to walk away from, no matter where home is.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind signing one really good pitcher and if we can get one, a very short term pitcher. The really good pitcher would be Perez unless we can get a better pitcher.

I don't think the transition to future rotation is going to be as smooth or as quick as that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a lot of improvement. However, until pitching is improved drasticly from top to bottom, nothing else will make much difference. We have tools to improve with help from our prospects and one or two future FA's. Fix the pitching and every thing else will follow straight into contention. My perspective.

Pitching is really important but take a look at the lineups that the Dodgers and Padres run out there daily and will have in the playoffs. The Rangers may never have a lineup like that. Closest was the 2010 and 2011 rosters and those lineups. Point is the Texas Rangers are going to need about 5-6 more studs in the lineup besides the pitching additions to contend (not just a WC berth) for a WS.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching is really important but take a look at the lineups that the Dodgers and Padres run out there daily and will have in the playoffs. The Rangers may never have a lineup like that. Closest was the 2010 and 2011 rosters and those lineups. Point is the Texas Rangers are going to need about 5-6 more studs in the lineup besides the pitching additions to contend (not just a WC berth) for a WS.

Yeah the Rangers will definitely need a better lineup than the current one, but definitely doable and most likely will happen. Also doesn’t have to be as potent as the Dodgers..
Look at the Braves and the Rays..
we currently have 5 players with an OPS+ above 100.
Heim 119
Lowe 122
Seager 125
Adolis 110
Leody 136- small sample-
Semien right at 99 but had a horrific start and has been great since June 5th
Hopefully Jung comes in and plays really well at 3B and one of our guys comes through and plays LF/DH/1B at a good rate.
Add one big bat to LF/DH/1B and the lineup is looking good.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Rangers will definitely need a better lineup than the current one, but definitely doable and most likely will happen. Also doesn’t have to be as potent as the Dodgers..
Look at the Braves and the Rays..
we currently have 5 players with an OPS+ above 100.
Heim 119
Lowe 122
Seager 125
Adolis 110
Leody 136- small sample-
Semien right at 99 but had a horrific start and has been great since June 5th
Hopefully Jung comes in and plays really well at 3B and one of our guys comes through and plays LF/DH/1B at a good rate.
Add one big bat to LF/DH/1B and the lineup is looking good.
Most of this lineup you post played today and faced a SP pitcher with an era over 7. They managed a run in 5+ innings. This lineup is far from looking like a playoff caliber lineup. Sorry just not a good enough hitting group to win their own division.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this lineup you post played today and faced a SP pitcher with an era over 7. They managed a run in 5+ innings. This lineup is far from looking like a playoff caliber lineup. Sorry just not a good enough hitting group to win their own division.
“the Rangers will definitely need a better lineup than the current one”

Yeah they definitely need to have a guy or 2 step up and another guy added.

I agreed

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the transition to future rotation is going to be as smooth or as quick as that.
So, you don't think by Opening Day 2024 that even one of Winn, White or Leiter will be ready to replace the one guy that I gave a time frame for?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Matt Bush got off on the wrong foot. In 1 inning gave up 3 hits and 2 runs.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't think by Opening Day 2024 that even one of Winn, White or Leiter will be ready to replace the one guy that I gave a time frame for?

I don't. None of those 3 will pitch a full MLB season until 2025. They'll have an innings limit in 2024 should they make the Opening Day roster.

The Rangers will need to sign a proven starter who can be here in 2023 and 2024 this offseason, in addition to signing Perez to a multi year deal. When the young guns are ready, bring them up. The most tradable commodity in baseball is starting pitching, so you trade the vets when the youngsters arrive. But you can't plan on when that will be.