• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn > Missouri?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be quiet you have chosen to be an Alabama fan but you don't have the ties and can't understand what games like Alabama vs Tenn and Auburn vs Georgia mean traditionally and historically. You do NOT throw those games away.

If the SEC does this then I want Auburn to be in the East it wasn't right that we lost both the Florida and Tennessee games if they try to take the Georgia game I would assume keep all three and give up Alabama instead.

Ridiculous comment coming from a mercenary 85%er who doesn't understand the traditions he his commenting on. This isn't a computer game its history seriously pick a pro team where things like this don't matter and move on.

go fuck a pig barner.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go fuck a pig barner.
Go play with your computers and find another pass time. People like you that want changes only because it makes sense to them from a sports perspective have no business offering opinions. There is tradition and history that you obviously do not or can not understand so either make an effort to learn about it or move on.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me. Auburn is a blight on the SEC anyway.
Now you are showing ignorance but what else is there to expect from an 85%er.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you will but I grew up playing:

Tennessee
Miss State
Florida
Georgia
Alabama

That was every year. Now I have to wait 10 years to see a Tenn or Florida game that isn't right. Those games meant something and now our children don't even understand why Auburn hates Florida so much and think they are the biggest cheaters on the planet.

That's wrong small children should always know that the Gators pay off refs at home or our very culture is at risk.

LOL...FWIW, I'm teaching my children how bady UF, UGa, and Auburn all cheat.

If we went to 16/4 you could play all five of them, every year, depending on how the divisions were broken out, or at the very least you would only have to wait two years between playing a team instead of a decade. The only expense would be that you would stop playing some other teams annually, which wouldn't bother you in the first place.

Screw it, let's set it up like the NFL, where teams aren't solely divided by geography. You could have one team from each sub-region in the same division:

Auburn, UT, Georgia, Florida (Aub/Bama as perma-rival)

Bama, Vandy, Arkie, Mystery team #1

Miss State, Carolina, A&M, Missouri (MSU/Auburn perma-rival)

Ellis Yew, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mystery team #2

Last edited by a moderator:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go fuck a pig barner.

u mad

i love when bammers act like auburn is nothing but trailers and farms when tuscaloosa county has more livestock and trailers than lee county (and it isn't really that close).

then again, tuscaloosa has more crime, crappier schools, a less educated population, lower median home values, lower median income, and a higher % of people living underneath the poverty line than auburn.

auburn occasionally pops up on "best places to live" "best places to raise a family" "best place to start a business" etc. etc.

i don't ever recall seeing tuscaloosa on those types of lists.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect that Kansas and you guys need to play its wrong not to.

How else can we teach our kids how to cleanly hate another person? There are some life skills that only experience can teach you.

Word. Mizzou-Kansas needs to be held on Rivalry Weekend, like Carolina-Clemson, Georgie Tech-Georgia, Florida-FSU, etc.

Make it happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go play with your computers and find another pass time. People like you that want changes only because it makes sense to them from a sports perspective have no business offering opinions. There is tradition and history that you obviously do not or can not understand so either make an effort to learn about it or move on.

Oh look, Auburn wins a football game and now their ignorant fans suddenly believe they are above everyone else and run college football.

I didn't ask for 12 teams. I didn't ask for 14 teams. No matter if you like it or not, things are changing and traditions eventually end. But less is often times more, and less games would actually enrich the rivalry.

Furthermore, I don't give a shit about the business of football outside what it takes to be successful on the field. However, apparently the people who actually do care about the business and money of things don't seem to give a fuck about history and tradition.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are showing ignorance but what else is there to expect from an 85%er.

Oh, here we are with that 85%er stuff again. Like I said, Auburn wins a single football game and suddenly they think they are above everyone else. Because only people who went to a college can be real fans of the team.

Go fuck yourself.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...FWIW, I'm teaching my children how bady UF, UGa, and Auburn all cheat.

If we went to 16/4 you could play all five of them, every year, depending on how the divisions were broken out, or at the very least you would only have to wait two years between playing a team instead of a decade. The only expense would be that you would stop playing some other teams annually, which wouldn't bother you in the first place.

Screw it, let's set it up like the NFL, where teams aren't solely divided by geography. You could have one team from each sub-region in the same division:

Auburn, UT, Georgia, Florida (Aub/Bama as perma-rival)

Bama, Vandy, Arkie, Mystery team #1

Miss State, Carolina, A&M, Missouri (MSU/Auburn perma-rival)

Ellis Yew, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mystery team #2
I would be in at this point but you better put LSU with Bama or you give them the easiest path every year.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, here we are with that 85%er stuff again. Like I said, Auburn wins a single football game and suddenly they think they are above everyone else. Because only people who went to a college can be real fans of the team.

Go fuck yourself.
No go educate yourself and you might learn some things like:

1. What tradition means.
2. What historical rivalries mean.
3. What are the historical rivalries in the SEC.

BTW: You can be a real fan but to be a real fan you have to understand more than just what Alabama has done on the field the last 5 years and how many national championships they claim. You need to learn about the culture, the history of the university and those of the teams they play.

It wouldn't hurt to actually visit some of these places but I think I saw where you have never even been to a college football game before so it is kinda pointless to suggest a road trip if you don't even have the decency to go see your own team.

Try pro football it is much better suited for you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No go educate yourself and you might learn some things like:

1. What tradition means.
2. What historical rivalries mean.
3. What are the historical rivalries in the SEC.

BTW: You can be a real fan but to be a real fan you have to understand more than just what Alabama has done on the field the last 5 years and how many national championships they claim. You need to learn about the culture, the history of the university and those of the teams they play.

It wouldn't hurt to actually visit some of these places but I think I saw where you have never even been to a college football game before so it is kinda pointless to suggest a road trip if you don't even have the decency to go see your own team.

Try pro football it is much better suited for you.

Been a fan for over 30 years and know more about the history and culture than most. But like I said, Auburn wins a football game and suddenly Auburn fans think they are better than everyone else. First it was "85%er" and now it's the accusations I'm a bandwagon fan.

Auburn cares about the Iron bowl so much because without Alabama, Auburn is nothing.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan for over 30 years and know more about the history and culture than most. But like I said, Auburn wins a football game and suddenly Auburn fans think they are better than everyone else. First it was "85%er" and now it's the accusations I'm a bandwagon fan.

we don't think we are better than everyone else. just better than alabama. we proved it on saturday.

and not that i know anything about you or your allegiances or why you like alabama, but 85%er and bandwagoner are not mutually exclusive. not even close.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't think we are better than everyone else. just better than alabama. we proved it on saturday.

and not that i know anything about you or your allegiances or why you like alabama, but 85%er and bandwagoner are not mutually exclusive. not even close.

You did huh?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn cares about the Iron bowl so much because without Alabama, Auburn is nothing.
Your comments prove otherwise:

1. You chose to ignore significant historical rivalries when it suits you for no valid reason.
2. You seem to think this is the first time Auburn has done anything and that is absolutely false.
3. You seem not to understand this is about expansion and to that end Auburn has gotten the short end of the stick more so than anyone else in the SEC.

If you have been a fan for 30 years then you should be EMBARRASSED that you don't know the above and ASHAMED at your comments particularly throwing away the Alabama vs Tenn game.

It means nothing to you because you have never been to the game or stepped foot on the grounds of either campus. I have been to Tenn vs Alabama games at both campuses and at Legion so I know what it means to the true fans of those schools.

This isn't just a TV or internet sport so seriously go find another past time if you are not going to put the effort in.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comments prove otherwise:

1. You chose to ignore significant historical rivalries when it suits you for no valid reason.
2. You seem to think this is the first time Auburn has done anything and that is absolutely false.
3. You seem not to understand this is about expansion and to that end Auburn has gotten the short end of the stick more so than anyone else in the SEC.

If you have been a fan for 30 years then you should be EMBARRASSED that you don't know the above and ASHAMED at your comments particularly throwing away the Alabama vs Tenn game.

It means nothing to you because you have never been to the game or stepped foot on the grounds of either campus. I have been to Tenn vs Alabama games at both campuses and at Legion so I know what it means to the true fans of those schools.

This isn't just a TV or internet sport so seriously go find another past time if you are not going to put the effort in.

I ignore the rivaly games because college football is getting to be more national and less regional and these set rivalry games don't really serve the teams in that manner. The set rival game makes the games rotate slower so it's even longer before other games get played, and the teams end up getting periods of time with lower SoS than other teams as a result. Where as it can still happen with 2 teams being rotated, but it will happen less often.

I didn't ask for the SEC to expand, but it did. Like it or not we have more teams to fit into the rotation. Going to a 9 game SEC schedule leaves only 3 OOC games on the entire year and that sucks. If we do not play OOC games, then it's impossible for the conference strength to be shown against other conferences. The better solution is to stay at 8 games and rotate the schedule more often. Cross-division rivalries will still exist, and less can actually be more because it won't be played as often putting more important on the game of that year.

So take your stupid shit and shove it back up your ass where it came from. Auburn wins a single fucking game and you all become 1000 times more unbearable. For someone who claims that Auburn has done so much in the past, you sure as hell never act like it.