• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn > Missouri?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to blast the SEC

I was blasting the notion that it is impossible to go unscathed in the SEC.

It is actually becoming easier and easier thanks to 14 teams and designated rival cross-division.

Not everyone plays equally tough SEC schedules.

The scheduling imbalance in the SEC is starting to become glaring.

Nick Saban is the only SEC coach who recognizes the need for 9 games.

Don't really need 9 games, just need to get rid of the designated cross-division rival game so that we have 2 rotating games.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn beats Nr 1 Alabama and then Nr 4 Missouri and Ohio State Squeaks by Nr 10 MSU, Auburn deserves the nod. You just can't spend the year playing cup cakes and expect to be rewarded.

this, but you're probably gonna get blasted by the local osu crowd....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you go undefeated 20 years in a row if you don't play a top 20 team.

When we are talking about BCS championships, compare yourself to what other top teams are doing against other top teams. With Ohio State, we have no data points. That's the point. They are like your undefeated TCU, Boise State, Utah, Northern Illinois of recent memory... with more prestige due to name/conference/brand but when you really get down to the resume, not much more (or in at least one case, less) substance.

You have to add Florida St in thar if you talking about schedules, they have a worse one than OSU. So do they not deserve it either? If you go indefeated in a major AQ you will go to the NCG if not more than 2 undefeated teams.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really need 9 games, just need to get rid of the designated cross-division rival game so that we have 2 rotating games.

No skin off our noses. We don't exactly have rivalries with any west division teams.

I would be fine with going to a ninth conference game, as well. Something like a rotating home-and-home with three teams, cross-division, staggered so that you have a new team introduced every year.

Even better, add two more franchises and go to a four-division format. 3 games in-division every year, plus two each from the other three divisions. You'd face everyone else faster that way.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care if you go undefeated 20 years in a row if you don't play a top 20 team.

When we are talking about BCS championships, compare yourself to what other top teams are doing against other top teams. With Ohio State, we have no data points. That's the point. They are like your undefeated TCU, Boise State, Utah, Northern Illinois of recent memory... with more prestige due to name/conference/brand but when you really get down to the resume, not much more (or in at least one case, less) substance.

Aren't you one of those that think the SEC should get a team in the NC game "because they have won the last 7 and deserve to defend''? I bet you are.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you one of those that think the SEC should get a team in the NC game "because they have won the last 7 and deserve to defend''? I bet you are.

no. i think that helps the sec brand nationally, but i think the 2 best teams should play. when ohio state proves they can beat top flight competition, i'll be impressed. they haven't done so yet

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be quiet you have chosen to be an Alabama fan but you don't have the ties and can't understand what games like Alabama vs Tenn and Auburn vs Georgia mean traditionally and historically. You do NOT throw those games away.

If the SEC does this then I want Auburn to be in the East it wasn't right that we lost both the Florida and Tennessee games if they try to take the Georgia game I would assume keep all three and give up Alabama instead.

Ridiculous comment coming from a mercenary 85%er who doesn't understand the traditions he his commenting on. This isn't a computer game its history seriously pick a pro team where things like this don't matter and move on.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all the fluke Auburn highlights ESPN airs repeatedly, I'm putting money on Mizzou. Mizzou's defense is physical and their passing game should have success against a suspect Auburn secondary. If Mizzou strikes early and often it could get ugly.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all the fluke Auburn highlights ESPN airs repeatedly, I'm putting money on Mizzou. Mizzou's defense is physical and their passing game should have success against a suspect Auburn secondary. If Mizzou strikes early and often it could get ugly.
I think the biggest factor is who will be mentally prepared and I see Mizzou having a huge edge on that front.

Too much Auburn talk and after back to back heroic wins emotionally and mentally they have to be drained. If Auburn had a week off they might be able to pull it all back together but I'm extremely pessimistic about winning this game.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree that Auburn went through a lot last week and left it all on the field. It is very, very difficult to be able to expend that much energy two weeks in a row....something most teams never experience. IMO, any team that takes out NR 1 and NR 4 on successive weekends definitely deserves to get the nod over a team that has failed to beat any team inside the top ten....ALL SEASON.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree that Auburn went through a lot last week and left it all on the field. It is very, very difficult to be able to expend that much energy two weeks in a row....something most teams never experience. IMO, any team that takes out NR 1 and NR 4 on successive weekends definitely deserves to get the nod over a team that has failed to beat any team inside the top ten....ALL SEASON.

^^^^THIS

Even though I HATE team SEC, if Auburn wins this game, I have no problem with them jumping tOSU......they've earned it. NO TEAM should be rewarded for playing a crap schedule

That said, even if they don't jump with a win....I'm not going to be heartbroken over it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be quiet you have chosen to be an Alabama fan but you don't have the ties and can't understand what games like Alabama vs Tenn and Auburn vs Georgia mean traditionally and historically. You do NOT throw those games away.

If the SEC does this then I want Auburn to be in the East it wasn't right that we lost both the Florida and Tennessee games if they try to take the Georgia game I would assume keep all three and give up Alabama instead.

Ridiculous comment coming from a mercenary 85%er who doesn't understand the traditions he his commenting on. This isn't a computer game its history seriously pick a pro team where things like this don't matter and move on.

I can see that you would need further convincing...but if the SEC went to 16 teams/4 divisions, you could keep MORE of the traditional cross-division games rather than less of them. It would only mean giving up an annual game with one of the Mississippi schools or LSU, which you may not be as attached to as the Georgia, Bama, or Florida games.

Div A: Mizz, A&M, LSU, Arkansas
Div B: Carolina, Florida, Georgia, some ACC poached team
Div C: Ole Miss, MSU, Bama, Auburn
Div D: Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky, some other poached team

with a nine-game schedule, you would face Bama, Ole Miss, MSU every year. (Or whomever is in there, I just made this up as a starting point...use LSU and Arkie if you want.)

You'd get two games apiece against the other three divisions, meaning you would play all four of each division every two or three years. You could have a permanent rival from each of the other three divisions, with one rotating game. That way, you could assure that you'd get Florida and UT every year, and Georgia every second or third year; or make sure that UF and UGa are in different divisions and make them your permanent rivals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^THIS

Even though I HATE team SEC, if Auburn wins this game, I have no problem with them jumping tOSU......they've earned it. NO TEAM should be rewarded for playing a crap schedule

That said, even if they don't jump with a win....I'm not going to be heartbroken over it.

I don't have a problem with it either. But what I am curious is, why should an undefeated team get jumped if they haven't screwed up and why should that team jump an undefeated team if they have 1 loss?? Does that loss mean less than going undefeated??

I know tOSU hasn't had a tough schedule. I know they aren't the best team, but why should they be penalized for beating everyone on their schedule of there are no more undefeated teams competing for that 2nd spot. It doesn't make sense even with the disparity in SOS. A loss is a loss; early or late. If this was a late loss they won't have a chance to pass OSU.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that you would need further convincing...but if the SEC went to 16 teams/4 divisions, you could keep MORE of the traditional cross-division games rather than less of them. It would only mean giving up an annual game with one of the Mississippi schools or LSU, which you may not be as attached to as the Georgia, Bama, or Florida games.

Div A: Mizz, A&M, LSU, Arkansas
Div B: Carolina, Florida, Georgia, some ACC poached team
Div C: Ole Miss, MSU, Bama, Auburn
Div D: Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky, some other poached team

with a nine-game schedule, you would face Bama, Ole Miss, MSU every year. (Or whomever is in there, I just made this up as a starting point...use LSU and Arkie if you want.)

You'd get two games apiece against the other three divisions, meaning you would play all four of each division every two or three years. You could have a permanent rival from each of the other three divisions, with one rotating game. That way, you could assure that you'd get Florida and UT every year, and Georgia every second or third year; or make sure that UF and UGa are in different divisions and make them your permanent rivals.
No! We have played Georgia for 115 years straight either put us in the East and give us back our rivals or keep it like it is.

No ONE has given up more than Auburn during expansion and the Georgia game is the our line in the sand this doesn't happen. Let's just add 6 more teams and the original SEC members can play each other in a 9 team round robin and the expansion teams can do the same in another division and we will just meet in a championship game.

I really don't give a crap if we play South Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A&M and who ever we can steal from the B12 or ACC. But I want my historical rivals back not more taken.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

I really don't give a crap if we play South Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas A&M and who ever we can steal from the B12 or ACC. But I want my historical rivals back not more taken.

Then put those traditional rivals all in the same division.

The "head in the sand/up the ass" division: All-Barn, UT, Flard-duh, U-Gay

Edit: i still don't think you understand how four divisions would help you keep more of your traditional rivalries.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it I'd just assume Auburn move to the ACC and start playing Georgia Tech who is a bigger historical rival for us then LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.

Miss State, Alabama and Georgia are the only three historical rivals we have on our schedule anymore and no one gives a shit about State.

Alabama has Ole Miss, LSU, Tenn, Auburn and Miss State the only one they have lost is Vandy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing historic rivals really sucks. The only team I even remotely care about hating in the SEC is Arkansas and we'll almost never play them

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then put those traditional rivals all in the same division.

The "head in the sand/up the ass" division: All-Barn, UT, Flard-duh, U-Gay

Edit: i still don't think you understand how four divisions would help you keep more of your traditional rivalries.
Call it what you will but I grew up playing:

Tennessee
Miss State
Florida
Georgia
Alabama

That was every year. Now I have to wait 10 years to see a Tenn or Florida game that isn't right. Those games meant something and now our children don't even understand why Auburn hates Florida so much and think they are the biggest cheaters on the planet.

That's wrong small children should always know that the Gators pay off refs at home or our very culture is at risk.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing historic rivals really sucks. The only team I even remotely care about hating in the SEC is Arkansas and we'll almost never play them

GASP! You mean you have no affection for the "Mayor McCheese" Trophy?

:Cry:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect that Kansas and you guys need to play its wrong not to.

How else can we teach our kids how to cleanly hate another person? There are some life skills that only experience can teach you.