• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn > Missouri?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Mizzou have the same shot of going to the National Title. Florida St and Ohio St win, 0% shot. One of them loses….100%

sorry bro. if auburn blows out missouri, they have a better chance of getting there than if missouri does. still a longshot, but they have a better chance. i'm surprised you would debate this. it's accepted as fact.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, in the event of an ohio state loss, auburn is 100% to get in and i think missouri is more like 90%. one would think missouri would pass alabama in most of the computers and the human polls with an SECCG win, but it is not as sure a thing as auburn who is already ahead of alabama in all the polls and computer average.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Mizzou have the same shot of going to the National Title. Florida St and Ohio St win, 0% shot. One of them loses….100%
With a mizzou win and a osu loss bama will jump right up there. You watch and see.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry bro. if auburn blows out missouri, they have a better chance of getting there than if missouri does. still a longshot, but they have a better chance. i'm surprised you would debate this. it's accepted as fact.

I've had just about enough out of you. Go the fuck away.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Good lord man, give Mizzu a little credit. Aub is not clearly the better team with a better resume. Ark had you beat, do I need to say Ark again. I think you will find out that Mizzu has learned over the last several years how to play against teams like Aub, that type offense is nothing they haven't seen a hundred times, if I was Aub I would be very worried.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blown coverages by Auburn against Bama makes me wonder if they'll be able to cover Mizzou's receivers enough to keep Mizzou from running them out of the stadium.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord man, give Mizzu a little credit. Aub is not clearly the better team with a better resume. Ark had you beat, do I need to say Ark again. I think you will find out that Mizzu has learned over the last several years how to play against teams like Aub, that type offense is nothing they haven't seen a hundred times, if I was Aub I would be very worried.

i'm giving missouri credit. i absolutely think we could lose the game to missouri. could very well be a 50-50 shot.

but the fact is both auburn and missouri have wins over georgia and texas a&m but it is auburn that has the win over alabama which is a feather in their cap. auburn has a better chance at jumping ohio state in some computers and they are already closer to ohio state in the polls as well. i'm not saying auburn will win the game, or that they are the better team... simply that they are in better position to jump ohio state should ohio state win an ugly game and auburn win in blowout fashion than if missouri were to win in blowout fashion. similarly, there is no chance alabama jumps auburn into the NCG should ohio state lose and auburn win. there is at least some chance (even if it is miniscule) that alabama would remain ahead of mizzou in the event of a missouri win in the championship game. i'm just giving you the reality of the situation. not hating on mizzou at all. they are a very dangerous and worthy opponent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blown coverages by Auburn against Bama makes me wonder if they'll be able to cover Mizzou's receivers enough to keep Mizzou from running them out of the stadium.
The two big weak points seem to be Auburn's defense and Mizzou's kicking game. As long as the game doesn't get tight, I think Mizzou has the advantage. Auburn obviously has a lot of experience with tight games and they would get the edge if it comes down to a clutch kick here or a clutch kick there.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri played OU in 2 or 3 Big XII title games and the Sooners always put in on them pretty good. And I don't think this Missouri team is as good as those teams where. But this is the Sec so expect Missouri to win.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm giving missouri credit. i absolutely think we could lose the game to missouri. could very well be a 50-50 shot.

but the fact is both auburn and missouri have wins over georgia and texas a&m but it is auburn that has the win over alabama which is a feather in their cap. auburn has a better chance at jumping ohio state in some computers and they are already closer to ohio state in the polls as well. i'm not saying auburn will win the game, or that they are the better team... simply that they are in better position to jump ohio state should ohio state win an ugly game and auburn win in blowout fashion than if missouri were to win in blowout fashion. similarly, there is no chance alabama jumps auburn into the NCG should ohio state lose and auburn win. there is at least some chance (even if it is miniscule) that alabama would remain ahead of mizzou in the event of a missouri win in the championship game. i'm just giving you the reality of the situation. not hating on mizzou at all. they are a very dangerous and worthy opponent.

Well, you can speculate all you want but it won't do any good as long as FSU and OSU win. No way Aub or Mizzu jump either of them.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very nervous this does not set up well for Auburn especially after back to back emotional games and them not having the underdog card to play.

I won't be surprised if we drop this game and have focus problems.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this as well but do think Auburn has an outside shot of jumping OSU but it would be a long shot but > 0%. For the record I think Missouri would have along shot of jumping OSU also but it would be extremely tough as well.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn beats Nr 1 Alabama and then Nr 4 Missouri and Ohio State Squeaks by Nr 10 MSU, Auburn deserves the nod. You just can't spend the year playing cup cakes and expect to be rewarded.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can speculate all you want but it won't do any good as long as FSU and OSU win. No way Aub or Mizzu jump either of them.

false. there is a path for auburn. it is unlikely, but a better chance than mizzou has.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn beats Nr 1 Alabama and then Nr 4 Missouri and Ohio State Squeaks by Nr 10 MSU, Auburn deserves the nod. You just can't spend the year playing cup cakes and expect to be rewarded.

as long as you come from a power conference, even if the conference sucks, you evidently can.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as you come from a power conference, even if the conference sucks, you evidently can.

What they don't seem to understand is playing in the SEC is difficult to run the table when having to play several strong teams through out the year. The past tells us running the SEC table is extremely rare. A team can't be on top of their game every game and as we have seen; shit happens. Also, stronger teams playing in a weak conference only play their top guys half the game and are subject to less injuries. Both Ohio State and FSU have had the luxury of saving their players and both teams only had to focus on just a couple of opponents; the rest were just too weak to compete. The playoff is going to solve a lot of problems.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Ohio State and FSU have had the
luxury of saving their players and both teams only had to focus on just a couple
of opponents; the rest were just too weak to compete.

Missouri up 23 at half, versus an okay Vanderbilt team
Missouri up 18 at half, versus the then injury ravaged and horrible Georgia
Missouri up 10 at half, versus a (5-7) garbage Florida team
Missouri up 21 at half, versus a (5-7) garbage Tennessee team
Missouri up 25 at half, versus a (2-10) garbage Kentucky team
Missouri up 14 at half, versus an okay Ole Miss team

1. The notion that it is impossible to skate through the SEC is false.
2. The notion that the elite SEC teams get beat up because everyone gives them a game is false.

Those notions might be true if the SEC only had 10 teams and 9 league games.
The SEC has an 8 game schedule with 14 teams.

It happens every year that at least one SEC team barely gets challenged thanks to scheduling quirks.

Until they go to 9 games, there will be a Missouri type run every season.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC is the best league.

But the strange way it does scheduling seems to always produce:

certain SEC teams playing draconian schedules
certain SEC teams playing creampuff schedules

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri is a mid-level B12 team. There is no way they can compete in the SEC.

Auburn all the way.

its nice that a mid level B12 team can reach the conference champ game in its seconds year in the league, playing against all of those amazing SEC teams...just thing what the top level B12 teams would do in the SEC!