• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn > Missouri?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama > LSU > awwbun > Bama

:dizzy:

Auburn fans think it proves they are the better team.

The rest of the country thinks it proves Auburn got lucky.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ignore the rivaly games because college football is getting to be more national and less regional and these set rivalry games don't really serve the teams in that manner. The set rival game makes the games rotate slower so it's even longer before other games get played, and the teams end up getting periods of time with lower SoS than other teams as a result. Where as it can still happen with 2 teams being rotated, but it will happen less often.

I didn't ask for the SEC to expand, but it did. Like it or not we have more teams to fit into the rotation. Going to a 9 game SEC schedule leaves only 3 OOC games on the entire year and that sucks. If we do not play OOC games, then it's impossible for the conference strength to be shown against other conferences. The better solution is to stay at 8 games and rotate the schedule more often. Cross-division rivalries will still exist, and less can actually be more because it won't be played as often putting more important on the game of that year.

So take your stupid shit and shove it back up your ass where it came from. Auburn wins a single fucking game and you all become 1000 times more unbearable. For someone who claims that Auburn has done so much in the past, you sure as hell never act like it.
This whole post is the problem it proves your fandom is based on numbers and perceived facts but there is no real heart in it.

You have no true "relationship" with your university at all you just root for a football team that generates stats for your computer.

You have never visited the quad, heard Denny Chimes, eaten at Dreamland, had a paint bucket at Harry's, walked down sorority row by the stadium, tail gated or felt the crowd roar as the team comes on the field.

In short there is no real passion for the things that truly matter about college football all you have are emotionless numbers. I'm actually feeling sorry for you now because the University of Alabama has some awesome things to experience and if you truly loved it nothing could keep you from it.

I guess this is why so many Alabama fans don't understand how tragic the poisoning of the Toomers Oaks were because all they understand is winning or losing ball games but never feel any of the real passion of what it means to be a true fan of college football.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a tOSU fan by any stretch. Not even going to say they are "better" all around than any of the top 4 or even 5 SEC teams. But if they beat MSU by one point they deserve to be in the NCG.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole post is the problem it proves your fandom is based on numbers and perceived facts but there is no real heart in it.

You have no true "relationship" with your university at all you just root for a football team that generates stats for your computer.

You have never visited the quad, heard Denny Chimes, eaten at Dreamland, had a paint bucket at Harry's, walked down sorority row by the stadium, tail gated or felt the crowd roar as the team comes on the field.

In short there is no real passion for the things that truly matter about college football all you have are emotionless numbers. I'm actually feeling sorry for you now because the University of Alabama has some awesome things to experience and if you truly loved it nothing could keep you from it.

I guess this is why so many Alabama fans don't understand how tragic the poisoning of the Toomers Oaks were because all they understand is winning or losing ball games but never feel any of the real passion of what it means to be a true fan of college football.

There you go again, keep on making assumptions to fit your own narrative. My reason for not going to games is because I couldn't afford to go when I was younger. My parents didn't have the money to take me and my brothers to games. When I did start making the kind of money to where I could afford to go to games, I lived nearly 3000 miles away in California and had lived there for the past decade. I've been back in the area for less than a year now. Just shut your ignorant mouth up because you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

It has not a damn thing to do with my "relationship" with the university or my passion. Nor is any of the stuff you are mentioning going to change my opinion about what is best for the future of the team.

The Oaks at Toomers Corner were already dieing. Updick just gave Auburn someone to blame, but they were already dieing due to the chemicals being used to have to clean up the mess from your stupid tradition.

Just go fuck yourself. Same ole same ole with how intolerable Auburn fans get because they manage to beat Alabama. Auburn needs Alabama, and that's why the ideas upset you.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn fans think it proves they are the better team.

The rest of the country thinks it proves Auburn got lucky.

you can make an argument auburn got lucky against georgia (in reality it was just a really poor play by Georgia's DB's)

no such argument can be made for alabama. auburn just lined it up and ran it down your throat.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can make an argument auburn got lucky against georgia (in reality it was just a really poor play by Georgia's DB's)

no such argument can be made for alabama. auburn just lined it up and ran it down your throat.

You won obviously, but you didn't at any point show to be the better team by a long shot.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, keep on making assumptions to fit your own narrative. My reason for not going to games is because I couldn't afford to go when I was younger. My parents didn't have the money to take me and my brothers to games. When I did start making the kind of money to where I could afford to go to games, I lived nearly 3000 miles away in California and had lived there for the past decade. I've been back in the area for less than a year now. Just shut your ignorant mouth up because you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

It has not a damn thing to do with my "relationship" with the university or my passion. Nor is any of the stuff you are mentioning going to change my opinion about what is best for the future of the team.

The Oaks at Toomers Corner were already dieing. Updick just gave Auburn someone to blame, but they were already dieing due to the chemicals being used to have to clean up the mess from your stupid tradition.

Just go fuck yourself. Same ole same ole with how intolerable Auburn fans get because they manage to beat Alabama. Auburn needs Alabama, and that's why the ideas upset you.
All that is an excuse the fact is you are not a real fan and don't understand the traditions in place because you are separated from it that is why you have no problem ditching a historical rivalry because you feel it has become a "national sport". This fits your TV viewing life and who gives a damn about the blood, sweat and tears of those that put the time and effort in to really support and build the program.

I sir have:

- Rolled Tommer's Corner
- Partied in Athens
- Eaten Gumbo in Baton Rouge
- Strolled the grove
- Watched the Vol navy float in
- Eaten at the Varisty (in ATL and Athens)
- Thrown a football on the quad and heard Denny Chimes
- Seen the South Carolina train cars (that I really don't understand but I've seen them)
- Watched Tenn run through the T
- Gotten a headache from cowbells being rung in my ears
- Been cursed at by drunk cajuns

I've also experienced:
- Tallahassee
- Chapel Hill
- Austin
- Morgan Town
- Sugar Bowl
- Cotton Bowl
- Peach Bowl
- Capital One Bowl
- Outback Bowl
- Music City Bowl

I even got to go to a signing day party with the coaches at FSU a couple years back which was really awesome.

So yeah that does make me a better college football fan than you, more passionate about it and gives me the damn right to call you out when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You have read about things I have lived them and there is a huge difference.

If you can't afford to do these things then that is fine I can also appreciate that but don't act like you understand things when you do not. You can't know what it is like to be at a Tenn vs Alabama game unless you go and you can't just say the game doesn't matter if you haven't been.

It is that simple.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won obviously, but you didn't at any point show to be the better team by a long shot.

how about every time the special teams units stepped on the field?

oh, and the scoreboard disagrees.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20... as soon as something is born, it is dying.

auburn cleans up the toilet paper, and has been for years if not decades, with water... not some horrible chemicals.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that is an excuse the fact is you are not a real fan and don't understand the traditions in place because you are separated from it that is why you have no problem ditching a historical rivalry because you feel it has become a "national sport". This fits your TV viewing life and who gives a damn about the blood, sweat and tears of those that put the time and effort in to really support and build the program.

I sir have:

- Rolled Tommer's Corner
- Partied in Athens
- Eaten Gumbo in Baton Rouge
- Strolled the grove
- Watched the Vol navy float in
- Eaten at the Varisty (in ATL and Athens)
- Thrown a football on the quad and heard Denny Chimes
- Seen the South Carolina train cars (that I really don't understand but I've seen them)
- Watched Tenn run through the T
- Gotten a headache from cowbells being rung in my ears
- Been cursed at by drunk cajuns

I've also experienced:
- Tallahassee
- Chapel Hill
- Austin
- Morgan Town
- Sugar Bowl
- Cotton Bowl
- Peach Bowl
- Capital One Bowl
- Outback Bowl
- Music City Bowl

I even got to go to a signing day party with the coaches at FSU a couple years back which was really awesome.

So yeah that does make me a better college football fan than you, more passionate about it and gives me the damn right to call you out when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You have read about things I have lived them and there is a huge difference.

If you can't afford to do these things then that is fine I can also appreciate that but don't act like you understand things when you do not. You can't know what it is like to be at a Tenn vs Alabama game unless you go and you can't just say the game doesn't matter if you haven't been.

It is that simple.

So desperate to make everyone else believe you are better than someone else.

And all because I don't think cross divisional rivalry games need to be played every year. :laugh3:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

auburn cleans up the toilet paper, and has been for years if not decades, with water... not some horrible chemicals.
The trees were dying but we had about a decade until we needed to remove them and had saplings already growing to replace.

This ruined that plan and stripped us the opportunity to continue our traditions as we saw fit. However you cannot explain this to someone that has zero experience at an actual college football game and has zero appreciation for the traditions that are so fantastic.

You could blow up Denny Chimes and he would say "it's just a monument we can rebuild it" as he puts his checkbook back into his pocket.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, there were articles and stuff written by Auburn about the trees dieing because of it. That is kind of your schools area of expertise ya know.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So desperate to make everyone else believe you are better than someone else.

And all because I don't think cross divisional rivalry games need to be played every year. :laugh3:

you can believe that all you want.

i'll tell you right now that you are in the minority. a very small minority. auburn fans don't want to give up georgia or alabama. alabama fans don't want to give up tennessee or auburn.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, there were articles and stuff written by Auburn about the trees dieing because of it. That is kind of your schools area of expertise ya know.

Toomer's Corner Clean-up

they switched several years ago from using fire hoses to fog hoses... but it is water. not some harmful chemical.

original.0

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can believe that all you want.

i'll tell you right now that you are in the minority. a very small minority. auburn fans don't want to give up georgia or alabama. alabama fans don't want to give up tennessee or auburn.

Actually, Alabama fans don't generally want to give up Tennessee. Many less care about Auburn.

I never said I was in the majority opinion. This discussion happens quite a bit with Alabama fans.

I'm of the opinion that less can be more.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Alabama fans don't generally want to give up Tennessee. Many less care about Auburn.

I never said I was in the majority opinion. This discussion happens quite a bit with Alabama fans.

I'm of the opinion that less can be more.
Quit speaking for Alabama fans you don't really know what they think because you don't live amongst them. I know people that really matter in this discussion and Tennessee would not be chosen over Auburn if it came to that.

I can tell you that Auburn would give up the Alabama game if it got us back Tennessee, Florida and guaranteed us to keep the Georgia rivalry. If for no other reasons it would keep us closer to our recruiting bases and that is why Alabama wants to end all of them for us.

Auburn has given up enough the Georgia game is not up for discussion under any circumstances it is too important historically and recruiting wise for us.