• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arians is over-confident

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying they can win the Super-Bowl with Stanton.... Why is he talking Super Bowl right now ?... Lot's of football left... He's got a little Rex Ryan in him....

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can win it with Stanton then why did they give Palmer a $50 million dollar contract? He has every right to be confident, he has a good team. He just shouldn't get too far ahead of himself when they still have all their divisional road games ahead, and a Sunday night showdown in AZ against what will hopefully be a healthy Seahawks team. Long way to go Arians, long way to go!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can win it with Stanton then why did they give Palmer a $50 million dollar contract? He has every right to be confident, he has a good team. He just shouldn't get too far ahead of himself when they still have all their divisional road games ahead, and a Sunday night showdown in AZ against what will hopefully be a healthy Seahawks team. Long way to go Arians, long way to go!

No doubt Cards are a good team overall... But talking Super Bowl is crazy talk after week 9 ... 8-1 only guarantee's you 8-8 .... Arians is a little full of himself....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked the question. What do you expect him to say? "No we won't win the Super Bowl with Stanton" ?

Showing confidence in your backup QB is pretty common these days.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked the question. What do you expect him to say? "No we won't win the Super Bowl with Stanton" ?

I can't completely disagree with you, but considering the severity of the injury and the position for which it happened, he could be a little less over the top with confidence. One game at a time type of mentality, but it doesn't matter overall. What any of these coaches say is irrelevant when the future has yet to be written.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people must not read, watch, or listen to many of Arians press conferences. He is always honest, bold, & brash. The question was posed to him & that is how he answered it.

Team confidence & psychology is 50% of the battle in the NFL. If you have a solid confident team who believes in it's self after facing severe adversity, you are heading in the right direction. Or would you rather him let some doubt creep into the mind of some of his players while being a little more reserve when answering question asked of him?

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. But what Arians should have done is just sidestep the question all together. Most coaches (i.e., Carroll, etc) would have said something to the effect of: "It's too early to talk about the superbowl. We are trying to prepare for Detroit."

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. But what Arians should have done is just sidestep the question all together. Most coaches (i.e., Carroll, etc) would have said something to the effect of: "It's too early to talk about the superbowl. We are trying to prepare for Detroit."

This is not how Arians is. I'll take Arians personality over any other coach in the NFL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds brash for certain.

Palmer is done for the year...imo this is more a statement get the team in sync behind Stanton...not give up on the SB goal, etc. Saying it publicly helps that effort.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has one goal in mind this year. "Don't let anyone win the Super Bowl in your house" it's no secret that they want to win it all.... I mean, isn't that why you play the damn game?!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has one goal in mind this year. "Don't let anyone win the Super Bowl in your house" it's no secret that they want to win it all.... I mean, isn't that why you play the damn game?!

Every teams goal is to win it all... I think it's just kinda premature to call out or even mention the Super Bowl right now... Especially after your starting qb goes down... Before you talk Super-Bowl you have to actually GET to the Super-Bowl... It's never easy ... Arians should be talking about Detroit right now.... Very overconfident statement ...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona Cardinals are amazing. I have no doubt that they will win out and cruise their way to a Lombardi trophy easily.

:hope::hope::hope:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue with him saying that. Maybe he is over confident sure but that's how coaches should come off in that situation. They won a couple of games already with Stanton and have been winning with great QB play for the most part. I don't expect them to take much more then minor step back if at all.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I said about Pete last year....but he brought you and won the Lombardi trophy lol

Pete's approach is different ... Arians has more of the Rex Ryan approach ... He's got a bigger ego ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue with him saying that. Maybe he is over confident sure but that's how coaches should come off in that situation. They won a couple of games already with Stanton and have been winning with great QB play for the most part. I don't expect them to take much more then minor step back if at all.

Yet to be seen... There running game isn't very scary, and now they have and inexperienced qb that has to take the reigns not as a fill in but as there main guy ... There D has been solid so that's good, but the lack of running game will end up showing itself at some point... I just get the feeling there not gonna keep sneaking games out like they have...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the guy for trying to keep his team motivated after watching his field general go down for the year. I also think this could back fire as other teams will be even more motivated to knock them off because of those comments. Time will tell.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I like confidence. So no problem here, might be hard to back up however.