• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to get our Franchise guy...If you find it you keep it regardless of how you get there.

So if Bradford would of TURNED INTO one he would of kept it. And Wentz would of been trade bait. Pretty simple really.

Problem is, Bradford is medicore at best and the FO knows it and Bradford knows it. It's why he took the $ while he could rather then walking for the long term $. Believe me, had he not negotiated this and he was franchised and didn't sign, he would of lost the franchise tender and would of been a FA (alas Trotter/Josh Norman).

Good Luck Sam on your journey to what you are...a journeyman.

A guy that never plays, that holds a clipboard, is going to be trade bait? Apparently technology has enabled you to contact us from an alternate universe.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that never plays, that holds a clipboard, is going to be trade bait? Apparently technology has enabled you to contact us from an alternate universe.

The #2 pick who is playing behind a Franchise player...YEP.

Hell Bradford might be worth something now and he could be the 3rd best QB on the team.

You think it's only the Eagles who wanted Wentz? You think that would change in one season playing behind a top QB in the league?

Ya OK.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out when Bradford became a good QB, lol...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he knew they were going to trade up or not is beside the point, they made it very clear they were going to be drafting a QB, and literally had an empty locker next to Bradford and Daniel for the player to be drafted later. It's no secret. The only thing that changed is that the player is Carson Wentz and Bradford bitched out and asked out before even taking a snap in competition.

Saying you're going to draft a quarterback in the third round or later is one thing. giving up a boatload of picks to go up to number two to get a franchise guy that will have to play probably sometime this season or definitely next year is quite different. Why would he want to waste a season of his career on a team that's not making an effort to get better around him.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you if they picked a cornerback at 8 he would not be asking for a trade. A stud CB helps the team win now.

Your right he wouldn't, but not because of the CB...But because of not having competition. If they could of gotten Wentz at 8 and moved up for a CB he would of still asked to be traded.

But that CB isn't going to help Bradford was my point. A RB, LT, WR sure, that would make HIM happy.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #2 pick who is playing behind a Franchise player...YEP.

Hell Bradford might be worth something now and he could be the 3rd best QB on the team.

You think it's only the Eagles who wanted Wentz? You think that would change in one season playing behind a top QB in the league?

Ya OK.

He's the #3 qb on the team. The only reps he gets are with the scout team. Two years on he's worth a conditional 7th.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this trade as selling the farm or mortgaging the future ... we don't have a 1st in 2017, but he still have a full compliment of picks in all other rounds and even have an extra 4th. If Wentz does turn into a Franchise guy nobody will give a rats arse about that pick. We also traded away a 2018 2nd; but we can recoup that if we'd like through trade .... you can plan to compensate for that pick 2 years down the line.

As far as this year goes we did well in free agency and locked up many of our own guys (Cox is the last one and he will get done, just a bit later). So giving up a 3rd and 4th this year won't sting too badly ... we still have a 3rd left as well as a couple of 5ths to get some bench help.

On to Bradford ... if he plays lights out and looks like a Franchise guy we play him for another year and take the cap hit. Early pick QB's don't make anywhere near what they use to, so it's not prohibitive. It's not a bad problem to have to face.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, it was during that 7 game stretch. Don't worry about all the other games he's played the last 6 years.

That's the funny thing, people keep talking about that stretch. I said this a long time ago, but more recent articles to talk about it.

Sam Bradford's seven game stretch wasn't as good as you think

"Were Bradford's last seven games an improvement? Yes. Were they elite? No. While many like to point to Bradford's 65% completion percentage over the last seven games, he had only 60 completions all season that went 10 beyond the line of scrimmage -- meaning only 17.3% of his completions were beyond 10 yards. That was third worst in the NFL."

"His 10 TDs in seven games limited his passer rating to 97.0, which on the surface looks fine but in reality was worse than 20 other QB's best seven game stretch. Compared to his peers over a similar sample, Bradford was mediocre at best."

Even his best 7 game stretch was below average compared to every other starting QB's best 7 game stretch. Not to mention he padded stats in blowout losses to the Cardinals, a pivotal home game loss vs the Redskins, and then carving up a historically bad NYG defense with nothing to play for.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the funny thing, people keep talking about that stretch. I said this a long time ago, but more recent articles to talk about it.

Sam Bradford's seven game stretch wasn't as good as you think

"Were Bradford's last seven games an improvement? Yes. Were they elite? No. While many like to point to Bradford's 65% completion percentage over the last seven games, he had only 60 completions all season that went 10 beyond the line of scrimmage -- meaning only 17.3% of his completions were beyond 10 yards. That was third worst in the NFL."

"His 10 TDs in seven games limited his passer rating to 97.0, which on the surface looks fine but in reality was worse than 20 other QB's best seven game stretch. Compared to his peers over a similar sample, Bradford was mediocre at best."

Even his best 7 game stretch was below average compared to every other starting QB's best 7 game stretch. Not to mention he padded stats in blowout losses to the Cardinals, a pivotal home game loss vs the Redskins, and then carving up a historically bad NYG defense with nothing to play for.

Ya but.........

Ya I remember reading that before. I don't get it. I didn't get it then either.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford can't deal with the pressure of having good backup QB options in the same team. People really think he can handle the pressure of being a playoff QB….if he ever goes to the playoffs anyway, or if he ever helps a team to a winning season. Once again….when did Sam Bradford become a good QB? People are delusional -- it pretty comical. DPD rubbing off on some. Tim Tebow is a making a comeback and Sam Bradford is good starting QB :pound::pound:

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this trade as selling the farm or mortgaging the future ... we don't have a 1st in 2017, but he still have a full compliment of picks in all other rounds and even have an extra 4th. If Wentz does turn into a Franchise guy nobody will give a rats arse about that pick. We also traded away a 2018 2nd; but we can recoup that if we'd like through trade .... you can plan to compensate for that pick 2 years down the line.

As far as this year goes we did well in free agency and locked up many of our own guys (Cox is the last one and he will get done, just a bit later). So giving up a 3rd and 4th this year won't sting too badly ... we still have a 3rd left as well as a couple of 5ths to get some bench help.

On to Bradford ... if he plays lights out and looks like a Franchise guy we play him for another year and take the cap hit. Early pick QB's don't make anywhere near what they use to, so it's not prohibitive. It's not a bad problem to have to face.

Your problem remains, there aren't enough reps to go around.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right he wouldn't, but not because of the CB...But because of not having competition. If they could of gotten Wentz at 8 and moved up for a CB he would of still asked to be traded.

But that CB isn't going to help Bradford was my point. A RB, LT, WR sure, that would make HIM happy.

You don't think INT's getting the ball back in good field position to the offense helps the QB out?

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think INT's getting the ball back in good field position to the offense helps the QB out?

Yep I do. I don't think Bradford was looking at it that way though. I also think having another really good QB on the roster makes you better. I don't think Bradford does that either. So just cause I think a certain way doesn't mean Bradford does.

You honestly think the help Bradford wanted was a CB? Again, it was about the QB, has NOTHING to do with any other thing.

That's just people trying to find an excuse for him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your problem remains, there aren't enough reps to go around.

If Bradford goes wild this year and we keep him for 2017 then we likely trade Chase Daniel ... Wentz will be fine. Aaron Rodgers did just fine with some bench time when he came in.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Bradford would of TURNED INTO one he would of kept it. And Wentz would of been trade bait. Pretty simple really.

Wow that is fucking idiotic. In a thread full of Bradford-haters saying dumb shit that really takes the cake. Let's trade two first rounders for a 2018 2nd round pick. Just brilliant!

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, IF they would of stayed at 8 and drafted Wentz, and then traded back up into the 2nd and drafted a CB, dod you think Bradford would of been happy with that? Or do you think he would of then asked for a trade?