• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying you're going to draft a quarterback in the third round or later is one thing. giving up a boatload of picks to go up to number two to get a franchise guy that will have to play probably sometime this season or definitely next year is quite different. Why would he want to waste a season of his career on a team that's not making an effort to get better around him.
^^ This exactly. They are telling everyone "hey we don't plan to win, we don't really want to win and come back and watch us if and when our little prospect from north Dakota state ever figures out NFL quarterbacking." It's a plan on par with the Sixers plan and less thought out. Hinkie may have been fired from the Sixers but he still runs the Eagles.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that is fucking idiotic. In a thread full of Bradford-haters saying dumb shit that really takes the cake. Let's trade two first rounders for a 2018 2nd round pick. Just brilliant!

Sorry, but the most pathetic thing is someone thinking this dude is Franchise worthy...LMAO. In fact some were thinking $20 million plus. In fact, some even finally admitted that Fitz is better then Bradford and he's still a FA looking for his $20 plus million a year deal.

Look not further then your mirror to find the biggest fuckup on this board.

Now go enjoy your avatar for a little longer

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will win just as many games this year as they did last year with Bradford as they did last year with a Franchise guy. Not sure where the "don't want to win" came from other then signing Bradford to the contract they did.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford goes wild this year and we keep him for 2017 then we likely trade Chase Daniel ... Wentz will be fine. Aaron Rodgers did just fine with some bench time when he came in.

At this point you'd have an extremely difficult time convincing Bradford that he's going to get the necessary reps and that the team would really, really be willing to keep him permanently. Even if he went wild.
You don't give up what the iggles gave up and have the guy get scout team reps. And Daniels didn't come to give up his reps.
Rodgers fell into gb's lap. They didn't give up anything to get him did they. The situation is not comparable.

It's become a clusterfuck.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, IF they would of stayed at 8 and drafted Wentz, and then traded back up into the 2nd and drafted a CB, dod you think Bradford would of been happy with that? Or do you think he would of then asked for a trade?

I don't think he would have liked picking a QB at 8 because again he is sitting on the bench versus an impact player helping your team now. But I don't think he would've asked for a trade. I think the giving up a boatload of pics was like a kick to the balls for him. With that kind of commitment you know you're not gonna be there next year

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Bradford blowers are blind from looking too much at his crazy eyes. He should not have been re-signed to begin with. Dude's average and we're trying to win championships. Scam can't even get you to a playoff.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the argument for both sides really, which is why I really am not taking sides. The thought of getting a franchise QB would be awesome and we would be set for years ahead, but then I'm thinking also "what if it doesn't pan out and this sets us back another 3-4 years?" I'm at the point I just want this draft to star and finish and go from there. What's done is done and we are all in on the 2 pick. If Howie fucks this up, he is history. His fate in Philly will be from this pick 2.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your problem remains, there aren't enough reps to go around.

There will be plenty of reps. Daniel knows the offense, he won't need as many reps. Bradford would get the lions share as the starter and Wentz/Goff will be brought alone slowly.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be plenty of reps. Daniel knows the offense, he won't need as many reps. Bradford would get the lions share as the starter and Wentz/Goff will be brought alone slowly.

You don't develop timing simply because you know the offense. You don't develop an understanding with a receiver just because you know the offense.
One of the three qbs is going to get the short-end of the stick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you'd have an extremely difficult time convincing Bradford that he's going to get the necessary reps and that the team would really, really be willing to keep him permanently. Even if he went wild.
You don't give up what the iggles gave up and have the guy get scout team reps. And Daniels didn't come to give up his reps.
Rodgers fell into gb's lap. They didn't give up anything to get him did they. The situation is not comparable.

It's become a clusterfuck.

I believe Bradford will get the reps until he shows that someone else should be getting them. The problem is that Bradford isn't comfortable with competition ... his agent even said so. He wants to be the man and not have to worry about being replaced even if he doesn't play well. Hell, who wouldn't want to work under those conditions ... I wish I didn't have to worry about being replaced regardless of performance ... sign me up. If Bradford were a true competitor he would take this as a challenge and shine ... force them to keep Wentz on the bench. Instead he cries mommy ...

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Bradford will get the reps until he shows that someone else should be getting them. The problem is that Bradford isn't comfortable with competition ... his agent even said so. He wants to be the man and not have to worry about being replaced even if he doesn't play well. Hell, who wouldn't want to work under those conditions ... I wish I didn't have to worry about being replaced regardless of performance ... sign me up. If Bradford were a true competitor he would take this as a challenge and shine ... force them to keep Wentz on the bench. Instead he cries mommy ...

they just spent a boat load on wentz, believing that they're going to stick him on the bench is naïve.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just spent a boat load on wentz, believing that they're going to stick him on the bench is naïve.

IF its Wentz and we don't know that for certain, he is going to be 3rd string this year. Plenty of QB's have done that over their career. Including our head coach and offensive coordinator. They know what they are doing and NONE of this will hurt Bradford.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they realistically expect Bradford to play lights out and hold off Wentz? Probably not ... but "if" Bradford goes out there and throws up a 4000+ year with 35 TD's I absolutely think the Eagles roll 1 more year with him. Again, drafting a QB early isn't as prohibitive against the cap as it was prior to restructuring draft money ... the goal is to have that Franchise QB, if Bradford shows he is one they will roll with him till he fails.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles have the luxury of allowing Wentz to sit on the bench for at least one year. He will take the starting job in 2017. If Wentz performs like Russell Wilson did his first year and beats out the competition, sure let the kid roll, but no reason to rush him in there. Let him sit back and learn the ropes.