• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peace out to all......Good Night, and Good Luck

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said at the beginning of the off-season that I was debating about leaving as a fan, mainly because of the allegations against Snyder. I was hoping the Congressional inquiry and numerous testimonies of former employees would result in ownership change: it didn't.

I have cheered, rooted for, and financially supported this team for about 40 years. I finally came to the conclusion; why should I support an owner who could not care less about the fans?

I came to the conclusion that I can no longer support this team any longer. The constant marketing and business blunders, the name change disaster, and evidence of abuse, harassment, and intimidation at the highest level are the main reasons.

The on-the-field product has been one of the worst in the league in 20+ years. I am tired of trying to focus on the scoreboard only and ignoring the whole picture. I simply do not feel right about it anymore.

This was the 1st year as a fan that I wasn't excited about an opener. I didn't care if the team won or lost. I don't believe in Rivera; I never have and never will. I do not believe in his approach or his coaches. After two years, I had seen enough.

I never liked Carson Wentz and did not support the trade. I am not interested in "anti-acid" consumption and watching his career continue to fail. After last week, I can clearly tell I am in the minority or possibly the only one who sees no future with Rivera and Wentz. This has never and will never be about "faith and hope" to me.

Good luck to you all! It has been fun and sometimes interesting over the past 20 years. Thanks for being a great mod Skinsdad...you have been fantastic. Washington has some amazing fans for sure. I wish the old ESPN posters nothing but the best of success. To the newer posters I have been able to chat with here on Sportshoopla, God's speed! Thank you all for the great discussions and laughs over the years.

I will be taking a break from the NFL as a whole and want to be completely emotionally detached from Washington before selecting a new team. Green Bay and Pittsburg are the early leaders but who knows? Those who I speak with frequently, feel free to reach out to chat or if you need anything.

Thanks!!! Duke out!!

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said at the beginning of the off-season that I was debating about leaving as a fan, mainly because of the allegations against Snyder. I was hoping the Congressional inquiry and numerous testimonies of former employees would result in ownership change: it didn't.

I have cheered, rooted for, and financially supported this team for about 40 years. I finally came to the conclusion; why should I support an owner who could not care less about the fans?

I came to the conclusion that I can no longer support this team any longer. The constant marketing and business blunders, the name change disaster, and evidence of abuse, harassment, and intimidation at the highest level are the main reasons.

The on-the-field product has been one of the worst in the league in 20+ years. I am tired of trying to focus on the scoreboard only and ignoring the whole picture. I simply do not feel right about it anymore.

This was the 1st year as a fan that I wasn't excited about an opener. I didn't care if the team won or lost. I don't believe in Rivera; I never have and never will. I do not believe in his approach or his coaches. After two years, I had seen enough.

I never liked Carson Wentz and did not support the trade. I am not interested in "anti-acid" consumption and watching his career continue to fail. After last week, I can clearly tell I am in the minority or possibly the only one who sees no future with Rivera and Wentz. This has never and will never be about "faith and hope" to me.

Good luck to you all! It has been fun and sometimes interesting over the past 20 years. Thanks for being a great mod Skinsdad...you have been fantastic. Washington has some amazing fans for sure. I wish the old ESPN posters nothing but the best of success. To the newer posters I have been able to chat with here on Sportshoopla, God's speed! Thank you all for the great discussions and laughs over the years.

I will be taking a break from the NFL as a whole and want to be completely emotionally detached from Washington before selecting a new team. Green Bay and Pittsburg are the early leaders but who knows? Those who I speak with frequently, feel free to reach out to chat or if you need anything.

Thanks!!! Duke out!!
Peace Duke!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Duke.....best wishes man. I left the board for about a year. Saw a couple of racially charged posts that left a bad taste in my mouth. Came back last year and it's been good.

I get the whole Snyder thing, but I promise, the other teams and owners have skeletons too. They are just not as foolish and brazen about their transgressions.

Rivera might not be the guy, but if he can change the culture, get the fans back, maybe he's the guy that leads to the guy (Turner) and moves upstairs.

It's been a tough go for sure, and we haven't always agreed on topics, but you've always been respectful. Hope you find your way back. If not keep you account so i can DM you from time to time if the Skins actually have themselves a season. Peace @duke1861

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Duke.....best wishes man. I left the board for about a year. Saw a couple of racially charged posts that left a bad taste in my mouth. Came back last year and it's been good.

I get the whole Snyder thing, but I promise, the other teams and owners have skeletons too. They are just not as foolish and brazen about their transgressions.

Rivera might not be the guy, but if he can change the culture, get the fans back, maybe he's the guy that leads to the guy (Turner) and moves upstairs.

It's been a tough go for sure, and we haven't always agreed on topics, but you've always been respectful. Hope you find your way back. If not keep you account so i can DM you from time to time if the Skins actually have themselves a season. Peace @duke1861
You got it! Keep in touch friend!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in touch friend , you can always post on this board

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in touch friend , you can always post on this board
Sounds good Skinsdad. Keep up the amazing job. It's a thankless job as the mod, but you have mastered it. I appreciate you making this a great fan experience.Thanks again!!!!!!!!
Tell the old crew I said "hi" if you bump into them.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a week, a month, hell, wait for the season to end. But c'mon back after a recharge.

Regardless, we'll stay in touch. Peace.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye .... my guess is you'll be back if the team goes 7-10 and Wentz struggles. But good luck.

I can only speak for me but I don't know anyone who is supporting Snyder.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a week, a month, hell, wait for the season to end. But c'mon back after a recharge.

Regardless, we'll stay in touch. Peace.
Thanks brother!

When you score that GM job...I will head back. Do we have a deal???...lol

Keep in touch Breed!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye .... my guess is you'll be back if the team goes 7-10 and Wentz struggles. But good luck.

I can only speak for me but I don't know anyone who is supporting Snyder.
Are you talking about trolling or coming back as a fan? I plan on doing neither.

Unless Dean starts up with the "Where is Duke!!!" nonsense, I will respond to deal with it. Otherwise, no, I am out.

Are we done here?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being done is up to you. I would be happy to see you stay.