• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are running out in high speed traffic for Sam Fucking Bradford. And yet there's this thread.

Never has a player won so little been afforded so much unwarranted benefit of the doubt.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't take this as me being an A-hole or anything like that(not trying to at all), but I have a serious question which I actually saw raised on ESPN earlier today... IF you guys do decide to trade Bradford(forget his/his agents BS demands), would your owner REALLY be willing to eat the 11 mil bonus he's already paid Bradford for this season? If not, what team could/would be willing to pay that money back to him(cap-wise) in order to make the trade work? Seems a really tough position right now(unfortunately with a player you all know us Rams fans CERTAINLY have experience with)...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't take this as me being an A-hole or anything like that(not trying to at all), but I have a serious question which I actually saw raised on ESPN earlier today... IF you guys do decide to trade Bradford(forget his/his agents BS demands), would your owner REALLY be willing to eat the 11 mil bonus he's already paid Bradford for this season? If not, what team could/would be willing to pay that money back to him(cap-wise) in order to make the trade work? Seems a really tough position right now(unfortunately with a player you all know us Rams fans CERTAINLY have experience with)...

They touched on this during Quick Slants tonight. I found one point interesting even though it would never happen. But they said if Sam really wants out he should give back the 11 million. I can't see him being traded unless the Eagles are getting fleeced. No one will want to pay that money for Bradford. Or if they do it's going to be horrible compensation in return for the Eagles. Howie really screwed the pooch on this one.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They touched on this during Quick Slants tonight. I found one point interesting even though it would never happen. But they said if Sam really wants out he should give back the 11 million. I can't see him being traded unless the Eagles are getting fleeced. No one will want to pay that money for Bradford. Or if they do it's going to be horrible compensation in return for the Eagles. Howie really screwed the pooch on this one.

Thank you for the honest answer!!! :suds: I really feel like this is the big problem hanging out there right now that no one is really talking about...Of course, would Bradford and ESPECIALLY his agent REALLY give that money back?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles would eat the 11 mil bonus if proper compensation were involved ... but they're likely not eating it for a 3rd round pick in return. I think if the trade demand is truly out there ... the first thing I do if I'm the Eagles is telling Bradford's agent "we'll talk as soon as you fork over the signing bonus".

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the hypothetical #'s ... Bradford will be given the chance to show he's a top notch QB. Wentz will be drafted for the future which may begin in 2017 unless Bradford shows that he's a top notch QB; . Pederson isn't looking to reinvent the wheel and Bradford isn't a rookie; there's no reason why Bradford can't put up a top 10 type year if he's a Franchise type QB. If he simply takes care of business he will get paid weather here or somewhere else.

As i said name me one qb who's put up huge numbers the first year in a new offence.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are running out in high speed traffic for Sam Fucking Bradford. And yet there's this thread.

Never has a player won so little been afforded so much unwarranted benefit of the doubt.

So true. So many people pissed at bradford for wanting a trade were opposed to him being re-signed to begin with, that he should have been let go. Now they demand that he stay and play.:scratch:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said name me one qb who's put up huge numbers the first year in a new offence.

Doesn't have to be "huge" #'s ... you can post a great season by putting up many more TD's than Int's and fumbles. If he puts up say 3500 with 25 TD's to only 7 Int's ... it's a really good season as long as the Wins are there.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford has played in the WCO before, now of course Pederson's version will be somewhat different, but Bradford should not regress from what he put up last year. The guy is what he is somewhere around an average to slightly below average NFL QB.

I would keep an eye on Friday. If a team IE like the Bronco's don't get the QB they want in round 1 and there is some school of thought that they may be faced with either Prescott or Hackenburg as the best on the board at 31 then maybe they up their offer to a point where it makes sense for the Eagles. I still think a 4th or 5th this year (Bronco's don't have a 4th so maybe a the Eagles do a 5th along with Bradford for their 3rd this year (which is essentially a 4th)) plus a conditional pick in 2017 that could be as high as a 2nd rounder makes the most sense for both teams.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles would eat the 11 mil bonus if proper compensation were involved ... but they're likely not eating it for a 3rd round pick in return. I think if the trade demand is truly out there ... the first thing I do if I'm the Eagles is telling Bradford's agent "we'll talk as soon as you fork over the signing bonus".

I can almost guarantee you they Eagles want Denvers first-round pick. At least that's the starting point.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Condon is probably the most powerful Agent in the NFL. If you haven't noticed he's pretty good at his job. Giving Back money isn't as easy as it sounds. What would the other players who he represents think about that? What if Sam said hey give the money back and the agent said fuck you find yourself another agent? There's a lot to it. Bradford pays him a lot of money so he can sit back and let him do his job.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condon may be good at his job but his arguments for why Bradford was done wrong are comical, and if he really thought he had so much value on the open market he would not even be here, he would have tested free agency, being such a smart agent and all.

Truth is there appears to be little to no market for Sam Bradford. Which should tell his ball washers on here something.

There is unfortunately no way for Philly to avoid the $11 million cap hit except for Condon and his client to agree to give back the money, which of course they will never do because Bradford likes his money.

We are talking about a guy who has made $78 million, or $1 million per TD throw in the NFL. Few players have made more for doing less than Sam Bradford.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford said publicly he wasn't pissed and would compete. Then two days later all of a sudden he wants no part of anything. You tell me.

I agree that it sounds fishy...but if Bradford isn't behind this latest goof, why isn't he all over the media (both traditional and social), trying to squash it? His silence is telling me a quite a bit.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was rookie of the year and had done well when healthy. To think he couldn't succeed in a good O with a decent oline is dumb. Thinking he may get hurt is fine but thinking he's bottom ten is dumb.

Your defense of marginal QBs is really quite remarkable. Vince Young and RGIII were both Rookie of the Year too. That means nothing years later. Sad Sam has had 5 seasons to show the world who he is and it's pretty obvious who that is. The Eagles know too which is why they traded a huge part of their future to find a QB who is not Sam Bradford.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it sounds fishy...but if Bradford isn't behind this latest goof, why isn't he all over the media (both traditional and social), trying to squash it? His silence is telling me a quite a bit.
There's nothing he can say. Stupid Bradford hating assholes won't come around no matter what, and the rest of us already understand the terrible situation the Eagles got themselves into, entirely of their own making.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely of their own making? So Bradford and Condon have zero culpability in the matter?

After reading Mucus' column about Condon's interview, it's pretty clear that Bradford is indeed being naive and ridiculous. This is Philadelphia - since when does the fan base coddle prima donna quitters?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again it does not hurt Bradford. They are going to try and win football games this year.

Not really though. A top RB contributes more than a 3rd string QB. Same with any defensive player. Even an Oline gives us better chances to win all year. They sacked the next three years to get a questionable QB. Total waste of Cox's prime -OUR BEST PLAYER.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Bradford doesn't agree with what his agent is saying is laughable. His agent would not be out there giving interviews without discussing it first with Bradford. People are really reaching now trying to defend this guy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was offered a long term contract by the Eagles for good money and didn't take it; he "choose" to sign a 2 year agreement, one that pays him an incredible amount of money if the Eagles keep him year two. When you "choose" to do that it forces the hand of that team to look for different options as you "choose" not to commit long term and you basically have the team by the balls to pay you more than what you are likely worth year two of the contract. The Eagles are simply looking out for their long term answer ... to expect them not to take the opportunity to snag a Franchise type QB if the opportunity presented itself was very naive of he and his agent considering that they were given that opportunity and "choose" to decline it.