• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely of their own making? So Bradford and Condon have zero culpability in the matter?

After reading Mucus' column about Condon's interview, it's pretty clear that Bradford is indeed being naive and ridiculous. This is Philadelphia - since when does the fan base coddle prima donna quitters?
The Eagles are responsible for every thing they've done. No one else. Bradford was finally healthy going into an off-season. He was primed for a great year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are running out in high speed traffic for Sam Fucking Bradford. And yet there's this thread.

Never has a player won so little been afforded so much unwarranted benefit of the doubt.

Yet reports are coming out that the Eagles are asking for Multiple picks for Bradford.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was offered a long term contract by the Eagles for good money and didn't take it; he "choose" to sign a 2 year agreement, one that pays him an incredible amount of money if the Eagles keep him year two. When you "choose" to do that it forces the hand of that team to look for different options as you "choose" not to commit long term and you basically have the team by the balls to pay you more than what you are likely worth year two of the contract. The Eagles are simply looking out for their long term answer ... to expect them not to take the opportunity to snag a Franchise type QB if the opportunity presented itself was very naive of he and his agent considering that they were given that opportunity and "choose" to decline it.
Bradford made the right decision not signing a long term deal with this team. That is apparent.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the victim here.

All he wants is to play football.

And be guaranteed to start.

And to not compete for his job. For his questionably long career.

And to get a long term deal - oh wait - he was offered that and he declined.

He wants to be "the man" for an NFL team. And no other team would do that.

So he was strong armed into making a short term deal.

Poor Sam.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet reports are coming out that the Eagles are asking for Multiple picks for Bradford.

The Eagles are now on the hook for $11 million at least for Bradford in this year's cap. So their calculus must be, either trade him for something of value or let him hold out until he has to come back or give up some of his money. If there is no market for the guy, they might as well keep him since he counts against their cap either way. Again, unless he agrees to relinquish the money.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford made the right decision not signing a long term deal with this team. That is apparent.

If Bradford takes the Eagles long term offer there's no way the Eagles make this trade up for Wentz. Bradford signed this 2 year "lease" because he wanted to maximize his money. If he had a good year he basically held all the cards for 2017. The Eagles on the other hand have to look out for their best interest just like Bradford was trying to look out for his.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shefter was on with Anthony Gargano and he was dropping breadcrumbs.... He knows stuff... He said what if it's not for picks but a player? It's been said that a deal could be Bradley Roby and a 4th for Sammie Sleeves!!! I would dance a fuckin jig!!! Nobody wanted us to draft Bradley Roby more than me!!! I pimped him like he was my son!!! But word is Denver as to include a player because of their salary cap situation. Everything coming out of Denver sounds like Denver wants to do a deal for Sammie Sleeves.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing he can say. Stupid Bradford hating assholes won't come around no matter what, and the rest of us already understand the terrible situation the Eagles got themselves into, entirely of their own making.
Dude I use to think you were a smart kid.... 6 years and the guy has never had a winning record... He can't stay healthy, and he led the world in redzone interceptions!!! Cmon dude get your head out of your ass... I saw this trade coming a mile away months ago! I still can't believe Howie pulled it off so cheap!!! I thought for sure Fletcher Cox was gonna have to be given in the deal! Thankfully we get to keep Cox and we are gonna draft an absolute Stud in Wentz!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that being the deal.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Bradford doesn't agree with what his agent is saying is laughable. His agent would not be out there giving interviews without discussing it first with Bradford. People are really reaching now trying to defend this guy.

Exactly. There should be no question he is pissed and it should not come as a surprise. This is how QBs operate. Remember Cutler in Denver flying off the handle when they went after Orton? And to some extent it's understandable. Note I didn't say it was justified, just understandable. The Eagles made 2 big investments in him, first with the trade that included a 2nd round pick and then with the contract extension when they had no other options. Sure it was a show me deal but to him this was his job to lose, he wasn't expecting this.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the job is still his to lose ... the Eagle will only start Wentz this season if both Bradford and Daniels find a way to fail. I'm pretty sure the Eagles envisioned seasoning Wentz for one season "because" they have both their starter and backup already in place for 2016. Basically a redshirt year which will pay dividends for another 4 years after that still on a rookie wage. I think Bradford is really flipping out over nothing ... if he takes care of business this year he will keep getting paid anywhere he goes. He's pissed because now he lost his leverage for year 2 of the contract where he's scheduled to make a bundle if the Eagles keep him.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shefter was on with Anthony Gargano and he was dropping breadcrumbs.... He knows stuff... He said what if it's not for picks but a player? It's been said that a deal could be Bradley Roby and a 4th for Sammie Sleeves!!! I would dance a fuckin jig!!! Nobody wanted us to draft Bradley Roby more than me!!! I pimped him like he was my son!!! But word is Denver as to include a player because of their salary cap situation. Everything coming out of Denver sounds like Denver wants to do a deal for Sammie Sleeves.

Wow wings, I can't believe you would listen to that goofball. Hopefully he isn't seeing that old guy along the river when he is walking his dog at night saying the Eagles will be winning a superbowl this year.

Player compensation would be interesting, Roby would be a nice pickup no doubt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the victim here.

All he wants is to play football.

The only victims here are Eagles' fans. Our front office gave up three years of team building for one single dart throw. Wasn't even a football guy driving it all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other rumored compensation is a 4th and WR Cody Latimer. That to me sounds a whole lot more realistic. You will recall that some of us liked Latimer coming out of Indiana. But he has done close to nothing in Denver, though in fairness he is stuck behind some talented veterans.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are holding Denver over a barrel here. Elway knows you go gusto when you have a chance to win a SB, and he's not going to chance having that D led by Mark Sanchez. They trade for Bradford and they have the same D and much better QB play than last year. Clear cut favorites to repeat. After this year, the cap situation is going to cause the D to bleed talent and their window of opportunity will be sealed shut for this group.

They need a QB for this year. Tailor made situation and Howie should press them for assets. Roby sounds like a great place to start. Elway can pussy-foot around Kaepernick because he's a marginal upgrade over Sanchez, but Bradford is a game-changer for that team.