• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is:L
Who gives up a boatload of picks to draft a 'franchise' qb and then sits that 'franchise' qb on the bench for a couple of years? How's the future supposed to get better if he never practices?

Redskins after RG3 year 1? :noidea: Truth is we don't know if this #2 pick with bust or hit.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF its Wentz and we don't know that for certain, he is going to be 3rd string this year. Plenty of QB's have done that over their career. Including our head coach and offensive coordinator. They know what they are doing and NONE of this will hurt Bradford.

Actually it does hurt Bradford. It'll be mid-season before he truly begins to get it. His performance will suffer simply from having to learn a new offense, again.He'll also have his reps cut so the kid can begin his career. Which will again impact his performance.
Look, I'm not a big Bradford fan but thinking this will have no impact on Bradford or his career is naïve. I understand where he's coming from. For the front office to not have thought this might happen reflects poorly on them.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they realistically expect Bradford to play lights out and hold off Wentz? Probably not ... but "if" Bradford goes out there and throws up a 4000+ year with 35 TD's I absolutely think the Eagles roll 1 more year with him. Again, drafting a QB early isn't as prohibitive against the cap as it was prior to restructuring draft money ... the goal is to have that Franchise QB, if Bradford shows he is one they will roll with him till he fails.

What qb, having to learn a new offence, is going to go out and put up those kind of numbers?
Name me a team that has ever gone out and traded a boatload of picks for a qb not put that qb into their lineup asap?
No one in their right mind would believe the iggles would load up like that, sign someone to mentor him, and then stick him on the bench. No one.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have the luxury of allowing Wentz to sit on the bench for at least one year. He will take the starting job in 2017. If Wentz performs like Russell Wilson did his first year and beats out the competition, sure let the kid roll, but no reason to rush him in there. Let him sit back and learn the ropes.
I don't disagree.
And I understand where Bradford is coming from.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins after RG3 year 1? :noidea:
wtf are you talking about?
Truth is we don't know if this #2 pick with bust or hit.
No one does. and you're asking one guy to bear that risk. The guy is saying i'll take that risk elsewhere thanks. He gains nothing by staying.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about?
No one does. and you're asking one guy to bear that risk. The guy is saying i'll take that risk elsewhere thanks. He gains nothing by staying.

WTF WTF

You said who gives up a boatload of picks and sits the guy on the bench? RG3 sat on the bench the last 2 years. Why? Cuz a 3rd rounder was better.

He gains nothing but $33 million and has a starting job by staying... It's not like the guy has made it through a full year or been anything but average. So who wants Samantha then? Besides Chip :dhd:

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF WTF

You said who gives up a boatload of picks and sits the guy on the bench? RG3 sat on the bench the last 2 years. Why? Cuz a 3rd rounder was better.

He gains nothing but $33 million and has a starting job by staying... It's not like the guy has made it through a full year or been anything but average. So who wants Samantha then? Besides Chip :dhd:

That was after they decided he wasn't the guy. If they'd done it before the season started you might have a point.

He doesn't need the money does he. If it was just about the money he could sit here and take it. He wants to go where he has a chance to be the guy. That chance doesn't exist in philly any more.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has the chance to shine this season. He could raise his future value with a good year. Crying about
this situation is immature. The Eagles are paying him the big bucks. He just needs to show he is worth it!
All in all, he still remains a risk due to his injury prone nature. If he is traded, so be it, and if he stays then
so be it also. I would prefer that rumors of Bradford not being happy will stop. Bradford needs to grow up!

Reactions: Taz

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does hurt Bradford. It'll be mid-season before he truly begins to get it. His performance will suffer simply from having to learn a new offense, again.He'll also have his reps cut so the kid can begin his career. Which will again impact his performance.
Look, I'm not a big Bradford fan but thinking this will have no impact on Bradford or his career is naïve. I understand where he's coming from. For the front office to not have thought this might happen reflects poorly on them.

Once again it does not hurt Bradford. They are going to try and win football games this year that means the NUMBER 1 quarterback will be the quarterback that they will focus on. Goff/Wentz will get about the same amount of reps as any other 3rd string guy. They will do book work, the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator will work with him before and after practice. They will make it work and it won't hurt the precious little girl QB Bradford. Anyone who thinks they are going to take away reps from the starting QB in order to groom a 3rd string QB to play the following year is naive.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was after they decided he wasn't the guy. If they'd done it before the season started you might have a point.

He doesn't need the money does he. If it was just about the money he could sit here and take it. He wants to go where he has a chance to be the guy. That chance doesn't exist in philly any more.

Oh it's not a talking point because RG3 failed after year 1 and SAT HIS ASS ON THE BENCH while a 3rd rounder took over. OK. So how does Bradford know if this pick busts or hits?

And Samantha doesn't have a chance to be the guy in Philly? 2 years $33 million and starter isn't a chance? He didn't want a long term deal.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has the chance to shine this season. He could raise his future value with a good year. Crying about
this situation is immature. The Eagles are paying him the big bucks. He just needs to show he is worth it!
All in all, he still remains a risk due to his injury prone nature. If he is traded, so be it, and if he stays then
so be it also. I would prefer that rumors of Bradford not being happy will stop. Bradford needs to grow up!

See my previous comment to rey about the likelihood of a qb in a new offence shining. Name me one that has shone in year one.

Look, I'm not backing Bradford. I'm simply saying I understand why he wants out. And most qbs would.

That the front office didn't think there would be any repercussions, that there wasn't a risk that this would happen, doesn't speak well for the front office.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again it does not hurt Bradford. They are going to try and win football games this year that means the NUMBER 1 quarterback will be the quarterback that they will focus on. Goff/Wentz will get about the same amount of reps as any other 3rd string guy. They will do book work, the quarterback coach, the offensive coordinator will work with him before and after practice. They will make it work and it won't hurt the precious little girl QB Bradford. Anyone who thinks they are going to take away reps from the starting QB in order to groom a 3rd string QB to play the following year is naive.
It does hurt him.
They're not spending a boat load to stick a guy on the bench. That you think they would is brain dead.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's not a talking point because RG3 failed after year 1 and SAT HIS ASS ON THE BENCH while a 3rd rounder took over. OK. So how does Bradford know if this pick busts or hits?

And Samantha doesn't have a chance to be the guy in Philly? 2 years $33 million and starter isn't a chance? He didn't want a long term deal.
Apparently you too are contacting us from an alternate universe. In this one he was a budding star after year one. Injured but a budding star. It was after year three that he got permanently benched.
If the kid doesn't get on the field how will anyone know? You can bet your grandmothers viginity that he's getting on the field. After spending those draft picks you'd have to brain dead not to put him out there and see what he could do. And if he gets on the field it's going to be at his expense no one else's.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you too are contacting us from an alternate universe. In this one he was a budding star after year one. Injured but a budding star. It was after year three that he got permanently benched.
If the kid doesn't get on the field how will anyone know? You can bet your grandmothers viginity that he's getting on the field. After spending those draft picks you'd have to brain dead not to put him out there and see what he could do. And if he gets on the field it's going to be at his expense no one else's.

So RG3 wins 5 games in 20 starts 2013 & 2014. Got hurt, then benched. He did play well in year 1 which gave him the reigns for those few years.

This Eagle's draft pick isn't coming in and leading the team to the playoffs. Hell I doubt he even plays in year 1 - so in year 2 I guess you find out, but you still don't know. This QB class isn't the best crop at all, but regardless... he has to prove himself on the field to take Bradford's spot as a starter.

The Eagles are not putting Jamarcus on the field just because they traded the farm for the pick. If Sam outplays the QBs on the roster and it's not close, Sam is the starter next year and the year after. Just like Cousins and RG3 the past 1.5 years.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is weak minded pussy and a thief as well.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is fine it's his agent that's an idiot.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford said publicly he wasn't pissed and would compete. Then two days later all of a sudden he wants no part of anything. You tell me.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What qb, having to learn a new offence, is going to go out and put up those kind of numbers?
Name me a team that has ever gone out and traded a boatload of picks for a qb not put that qb into their lineup asap?
No one in their right mind would believe the iggles would load up like that, sign someone to mentor him, and then stick him on the bench. No one.

Forget the hypothetical #'s ... Bradford will be given the chance to show he's a top notch QB. Wentz will be drafted for the future which may begin in 2017 unless Bradford shows that he's a top notch QB; . Pederson isn't looking to reinvent the wheel and Bradford isn't a rookie; there's no reason why Bradford can't put up a top 10 type year if he's a Franchise type QB. If he simply takes care of business he will get paid weather here or somewhere else.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate for Bradford is misguided. This is his agent fucking up. I'm sure Sam would gladly compete for a job.
He pays his agent. If he has a problem with it shut him up.